advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody ever get better gains on lower dose cycles?

Maybe it's just me, but I think sometimes I gain better on lower dose cycles. Lately I've been doing the "under a gram/wk total" method and it seems to make me feel better and also gain steadier and I dont lose as much. I asked a friend about this and he believed that too much gear can throw your system out of whack to where it starts rejecting shit. He told me I'm feeling stronger/better because my normal system just detects a boost, not totally thrown off. Anybody else ever feel this way?

Maybe it's just me, but I think sometimes I gain better on lower dose cycles. Lately I've been doing the "under a gram/wk total" method and it seems to make me feel better and also gain steadier and I dont lose as much. I asked a friend about this and he believed that too much gear can throw your system out of whack to where it starts rejecting shit. He told me I'm feeling stronger/better because my normal system just detects a boost, not totally thrown off. Anybody else ever feel this way?

I feel 100 times better and therefore can eat more and get more intense workouts on low to moderate doseages. For me, taking more steroids just == feeling bad and i don't focus the important things like EATING and SLEEPING. So yeah, lower to moderate cycles do give me better gains.

Personally I believe if you run to many compounds (more than 2-3 at a time) you can really confuse your body...I dont know, maybe that sounds dumb, but it seems like if I just run one compound or two at a time with moderate doses 1 to 1.5 grams per week, I do better and feel better...I have tried to do those higher doses back in the day when I was younger 2-3 grams per week, but my BP was out of control and I felt like crap all the time...I think I lasted about 2 weeks doing that and then I quit that and let my body normalize itself...I can see what you mean abolish...

chris

I think that the problem is that "since the pros do it" AAS users feel that they have to do the same, in order to be as big.

But the fact of the matter is that the pros are up to that level because they built their way up to that and need it in order to grow,
not only that their bodies can handle that much because they built up a tolerance to it slowly.

It's almost the same as anything else. If you are used to doing it a lot, (like drinking) than you won't get drunk as easily as a novice.
If a novice tries to drink as much as an extremely heavy drinker, they might even die.

MAKES SENSE TO ME

I'll have to try it next time.

6', 180 lbs, 18% fat, using 3 grams of gear will get sick. won't be able to eat, won't be able to train, will want to sleep all the time... etc. no gains, only sides

5'8, 250lbs, 7% fat using 500 mg of gear will get smaller, weaker and will basically lose muscle. he won't have sides, he'll feel good all the time, very energetic, but no gains, only losses

it's relative.

and when you take that (relative) into account, it would not make sense to say that you gain more out of less. if you know you plateaued at 1.5 gr of gear and your diet and training are in check, using less won't help you at all.

hmmm...

Personally I believe if you run to many compounds (more than 2-3 at a time) you can really confuse your body...I dont know, maybe that sounds dumb, but it seems like if I just run one compound or two at a time with moderate doses 1 to 1.5 grams per week, I do better and feel better...I have tried to do those higher doses back in the day when I was younger 2-3 grams per week, but my BP was out of control and I felt like crap all the time...I think I lasted about 2 weeks doing that and then I quit that and let my body normalize itself...I can see what you mean abolish...

chris

I agree with this. I have never done what I consider high doses, but using moderate dosages has worked great so far. I think you can "coax" your body into growing beyond your natural limit with just enough AAS to give you a boost in protein turnover and recovery. When you try to impatiently force it by over doing it, the body is not as willing to grow, and may even fight against the stimulus. Just a theory of mine based on what I have seen in a few cycles.

NO WAY

YOU WILL ALYAWS GET BETTER GAINS WITH HIGHER DOSAGES. THE KEY IS TO NOT EVER NEED TO GO ANY HIGHER UNTIL YOU NEED TO......GET AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FROM YOUR DOSAGES........UNDERSTANDING THAT IS THE KEY.........THEN UP THE DOSAGES TO CONTINUE TO GROW.

I think it depends on genetics, Ive been lifting on and off for 15 years with lousy genetics. Im 42 years old now and really think thrue experience in my case, 750 - 1000 of test is the only way i grow, also with other compounds, d-bol, deca (love deca). I think people finds what works for them and stick to it, thats what its all about. Just my 2 cents.
FF

YOU WILL ALYAWS GET BETTER GAINS WITH HIGHER DOSAGES. THE KEY IS TO NOT EVER NEED TO GO ANY HIGHER UNTIL YOU NEED TO......GET AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FROM YOUR DOSAGES........UNDERSTANDING THAT IS THE KEY.........THEN UP THE DOSAGES TO CONTINUE TO GROW.

Yes ! I believe that to be true .
I know it is !
Very good advice Phil

all other things being equal, generally the person with the higher test levels will grow more.

but like phil says, dont use big amounts til you need it. dont instantly start on a massive dosage. start at a decent amount then work your way up as the effects start to trail off.

Good point to take into consideration PHIL

I assume then that someone could go pretty far with just 500mg test e or c on and off for 2 years or so before having to up the dose or add another compound.

WELL

I assume then that someone could go pretty far with just 500mg test e or c on and off for 2 years or so before having to up the dose or add another compound.

I guess........but who knows if it is 300, 40, 500 etc...2, 3 4 years....everyone seems to be stuck on a number and a length of time..........it is all individual and you cant project.......but my initial reaction would be no, you cant make great gains on 500mg test for very long going on and off.

I feel 100 times better and therefore can eat more and get more intense workouts on low to moderate doseages. For me, taking more steroids just == feeling bad and i don't focus the important things like EATING and SLEEPING. So yeah, lower to moderate cycles do give me better gains.

For me it's the opposite. If I'm spending money on a shitload of gear, I will bust my ass, balls to the wall while on that cycle.

You have to be gettin it, gettin while the gettin is good
Gettin it like you know you should.
Hey, that would make a great rap song.:eek:

it would not make sense to say that you gain more out of less. if you know you plateaued at 1.5 gr of gear and your diet and training are in check, using less won't help you at all.

I tend to agree with that statement.

And needless to say Phil is spot on too.

For me it's the opposite. If I'm spending money on a shitload of gear, I will bust my ass, balls to the wall while on that cycle.

Yeah, i know but i think i get arrogant sometimes with the gains flying in. I tend to be more meticulous when i am taking moderate doses. I tried high doses a couple of times and i absolutely blew up BUT i felt like crap and so my eating habits, sleeping, etc detiorated. So by the time the cycle was over, i kept about the same amount i would have kept if i had stayed with a more moderate dose=-0 But i see exactly what you are saying and the larger doses were when i was younger.

i did trenbolac dostanpro which is 100mg tren ace and 100mg materon prop per ml every 4 days and winstrol inject 50mg every 4 days put on 10lbs of lean muscle no water or bloat and i shed a load of fat hahaha

I guess........but who knows if it is 300, 40, 500 etc...2, 3 4 years....everyone seems to be stuck on a number and a length of time..........it is all individual and you cant project.......but my initial reaction would be no, you cant make great gains on 500mg test for very long going on and off.

True, just because it says 250mg per ml or whatever doesn't mean its dosed correct, you could only be getting 100 out of it who knows 4 sure.

It is a rap song. "Gettin it" By Too Short.

I agree with starting low, and increasing the dose as needed. It all depends on your aspirations. To walk around at 280 with 8% bf is going to take more gear. The amount of gear needed is individual to each person. Everybody responds different and is geneticly predisposed to the amount of weight and muscle mass there body will allow them to accumilate.
To emphasize on what Phil has said.....there is no magic number.
Stay healthy in whatever you decide to do. There is more to life than being big, and bodybuilding. At least in my opinion.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws