advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody familiar with Duchaines method of carbing up?

Supposedly you wake up every 2 hrs throughout the night before the show to eat carbs, something along those lines. I've never read about it though. Has anybody tried it?

Supposedly you wake up every 2 hrs throughout the night before the show to eat carbs, something along those lines. I've never read about it though. Has anybody tried it?

I think what you are referring to is the Cylical Ketogenic Diet. He wrote about it in a book called Body Opus. I am sure if you google the term you can find alot of resources on it

I have used it in the past with great success

Duchaine was one of the smartest men alive IMO. :D
If you get his method of carbing up JUST RIGHT, the results can be amazing.. So ive heard.

from my own research on the matter

16g of carbohydrate per kg of lean bodyweight on the thurs (assuming sat is show day) lots of fast release carbs (ideally liqid ones at first ie dextrose) at first while slowly switching over to slow release towards the end of the day. 9g of carbs per kg of lean bodyweight on fri all coming from slow release. Then on the friday continue to eat carbs untill you've fully filled out then switch back over to fats and pro, this is very subjective though and you could really do with someone with a trained eye here to tell you when you've had enough carbs.

warter manipulation is up to you, I keep it high (2 gallons) till 8pm the night before then cut it all together.

Hope this helps .

The only time I used it was when you carb up over the entire weekend. I dont remember hearing about doing a show (been a long time). You started Friday after your full body workout and went every so often thru the entire weekend. I liked it but it was difficult because of my job. You can still buy his Bodyopus book on Amazon I believe.

I bought the book (Bodyopus) about a year ago, so if I can find it I will post his carb load...if I can remember its pretty insane, so I didnt do it but it was definitely a good read and I learned a lot about Keto. You do have to wake up every two hours to eat which I didnt agree with just because I'm a firm believer in the benefits of REM sleep for muscle growth. But regardless, he is a smart guy and I'll see if I can find the book and post when I have more time.

Good luck!

KOS

carb load+deplete

I don't know if the mods will let me post this but Lyle McDonald's book UD-2
picks up where Dan Duchane left off.

It is the most comprehensive book on carb loading and depleting I've been able to find.

You can google it.

Ya I cant find the book I have looked everywhere but I would buy Mcdonalds and Duchaines book if you're willing to carb load every 2 hours on weekends. They are not that expensive, I think I got Duchaines book for 9.99 on amazon.

Ya I cant find the book I have looked everywhere but I would buy Mcdonalds and Duchaines book if you're willing to carb load every 2 hours on weekends. They are not that expensive, I think I got Duchaines book for 9.99 on amazon.

the Duchaines writings have become hard to find and expensive.

I don't know if the mods will let me post this but Lyle McDonald's book UD-2
picks up where Dan Duchane left off.

It is the most comprehensive book on carb loading and depleting I've been able to find.

You can google it.

Duchaine even gave props to Lyle, saying he had advanced beyond him in the knowledge of this type of diet.

Lets me see if I can dig the old BodyOpus out the basement...i'll repost the carb up. I used this back in 97/98 worked great.
Actually google lyle mcdonalds BO diet log. He gives you a run down

I have many times. Your right you wake up every 2 hrs. There's a lot more specifics though.

The Ultimate Diet - a 10 day appraoch, is much better than the Body Opus one.

I've used the Ultimate Diet many times - haven't found anything better for retaining muscle while losing fat.

Interesting.

speaking of which :D, im getting ready to start my carb up phase tomorrow and was wondering what a good liquid drink would be that has mainly glucose in it? im noticing most have fructose and sucrose which im trying to avoid per the diet since sucrose will replenish the liver first..

any suggestions?

Thanks!

I miss that guy:(

He was my all-time favorite writer and BB'ing figure ever. I remember the first time I got a response back in email, I was like a kid in a candy store. I didn't think he would email my ass back, but he did. If you wrote to Duchaine, he ALWAYS got back to you at some point. I conversed with him a few times over the years, and it was truly a highlight for me. He was actually a really nice guy, but he was funny as hell if you understood his humor. I think it was Maverik who posted some kick-ass shit on the board a few years back;)

Both BodyOpus and the 10-day Ultimate diet were great. I don't think i've ever been as lean as I was when using a variation of Bodyopus.

I have a link to the old Dirty dieting Newsletters if anybody wants it...

BMJ

The Ultimate Diet - a 10 day appraoch, is much better than the Body Opus one.

I've used the Ultimate Diet many times - haven't found anything better for retaining muscle while losing fat.

Is this the one by Lyle McDonald? I am interested but when I Googled it got a couple different authors.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131