over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anybody still waiting for their tax returns?

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
You can always offset capital gains and income by reducing that amount through good and honest ways and doing so to such a degree where it's well within the boundaries of tax law. Some examples are charities. Perfectly tax-deductible. Tax-deductible expenses such as mortgage expenses, home improvements, some operating expenses, medical expenses, child care depending on income. You are perfectly well to run your own personal endeavors as they were a business. You could even incorporate if you like.

Whether this will reduce your income to zero or less (e.g. prompting a refund) or not is not important. But I say the more money I can put toward charities and my own life's improvement as opposed to the government, the better.

You can still rest assured knowing the money you do pay will be put towards the country's basic needs, infrastructure, mismanaged, stolen from, abused, and wasted. And while the US may have one of the largest economies in the world, as a business, we can all agree it's all run like shit.

marssel

Sponsor / Kilo Club
Registered
Last edited by a moderator:

Sassy

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well, we're still in the IRS rabbit hole! Just when I thought I had it taken care of, I receive a package from the IRS with duplicate copy of our 2020 tax return claiming that the signature is INVALID! This is a copy of the return that we e-filed. I explained in the letter that was also returned with the copy that we had e-filed our return March 26 2020 and that this was a copy that our local IRS agent advised us to mail in. I'm furious! We have e-filed our returns for the past 15 years with no problems. I think they are stalling because they don't want to send us our money. :mad:

marssel

Sponsor / Kilo Club
Registered
Well, we're still in the IRS rabbit hole! Just when I thought I had it taken care of, I receive a package from the IRS with duplicate copy of our 2020 tax return claiming that the signature is INVALID! This is a copy of the return that we e-filed. I explained in the letter that was also returned with the copy that we had e-filed our return March 26 2020 and that this was a copy that our local IRS agent advised us to mail in. I'm furious! We have e-filed our returns for the past 15 years with no problems. I think they are stalling because they don't want to send us our money. :mad:
Your first instinct on anything is usually correct. Is it a substantial amount of money?

Sassy

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Your first instinct on anything is usually correct. Is it a substantial amount of money?

It is to us but not a really huge amount.

@Dave Perez I think they owe us interest, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I mean it's been 2 years!!!!

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I had to amend my 2017 return like two years ago and they are still sending my letters saying they have gotten to it yet. But now they also sent a letter saying they sent it to private collections....because of course they haven't gotten to the amendment yet....wtf 🤦🏻‍♂️

marssel

Sponsor / Kilo Club
Registered
It is to us but not a really huge amount.

@Dave Perez I think they owe us interest, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I mean it's been 2 years!!!!
They have to pay standard interest as I understand it but that isn’t shit so you should get it but it won’t be much. I overpaid one time and got interest on the return check though this was a decade ago.

Sassy

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
They have to pay standard interest as I understand it but that isn’t shit so you should get it but it won’t be much. I overpaid one time and got interest on the return check though this was a decade ago.

We have to do quarterly self-employment taxes, so we had paid $500 in 2019 that didn't get credit in 2020, so technically they us another $500 from 2019.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
sdmnogueira123