over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anyone else feel the same

I tend to agree with edge here, but browsing this site at work, needle or not, is a bad idea because of all the pharmacy, gear, steroid ads everywhere. You are just asking for trouble, and in the very least co-worker's suspicion.

i would hereby vow to dedicate all of my future syringe purchases to sterilesyringes.com if we can get there advertisement changed or moved.

i couldn't agree more. I can't look at the site without having to look over my shoulder every five minutes to make sure no one is looking.

I am ok with it although I understand the objections. I have clients that use. That is the reality of what I deal with. I explain that to others.

Looks like a turkey baster to me!
:D ;)

Well.......

Although I see your point...

The picture of the the syringe is good for marketing b/c it gets right to the point about what the sponsers products are about. A symbol or a picture is much more powerful than a word. Thats marketing 101

Also, I'm sure this sponsor probably paid a little bit extra to have his add placed at the top of the board so placing it at the bottom is probably not an option. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think its very easy to simply scroll down a a few inches to block it out of view.

Maybe sterile syringes paid extra money to keep their advertisment on top, if thats the case I cant say anything. However if they pay the same amount for the top and bottom, then maybe it should be put down next to, "how to do injections".

05/02/2007: most users ever online... 2,029 guys viewing PM ads... ;)

Do you really think the board would attract so many newbies if it wasn't for its numerous and well underlined sponsors?

Since it was launched PM has always been filled with knowledge thanks to some great members... only now can you see such an increase in traffic :rolleyes:

Running a site is a business like any other... the more people on yours the more cash you make. And how do you attract new to the game aspiring bodybuilders? With places to buy gear of course! So just see this huge syringe as PM's second logo... people know immediately what type of site they are dealing with... that's what it's made for :)

Nothing wrong with it... it's just a perfect example of the supply and demand law ;)

errr ...isn't that the opinion and stereotype you want to AVOID as a bodybuilder??

What you're saying also falls into the catagory of thinking that 'All bodybuilders use drugs'.

I've been proven before, that you don't have to use steroids to be a bodybuilder or get a great physique. There are plenty of natural bb'ers that look incredible.

I'm just really shocked that you'd say something like that - and I can be pretty damn ignorant! (pot to kettle, i know!)

Dude, its a fact. You know it, I know it. The public knows it.

And I was just saying above that I dont think an advertisement for steroids is any less weird to the average person than a syringe ad. I think it is probably MORE noticeable.

I meant it in regard to the average Joe/Joan. Not the DEA. The DEA is already here and aware of everything that happens.

And yeah, I scroll down a few inches.

Or tell IE/FF to not download images. You can do that. Problem solved.

Tt

I have total respect for BigA and ultimately it is his decision but I really hate seeing that massive syringe every time I log in. It makes us all look like a bunch of junkies to others who see us log in, to LE who pry on the boards, etc it generally gives a really really bad impression of the community which we do not need.

MT

I dont have a problem with it but when i log on at my in laws place or at the supplement store I always scroll down really quick so nobody sees it....But I understand this is a hardcore board and thats just something that comes with it...

A tip for those surfing the site at work or in a public place is to disable pictures.

In firefox that can be done by going to the top of the window to the "Tools" menu, scrolling down to "Options", clicking on the "Content" tab and then disabling the option "Load Images Automatically" - things may look a little funky w/ out pictures - but you wont have to worry about large syringes on the top of the page and pictures of half naked dudes on your computer screen when your boss rolls by.

anyone else think it would be a good idea to move the huge syringe advertisement to the bottom or change it or something. i have kids around all the time, family coming over, etc and the huge syringe on top the page just looks really bad when people happen to see it or i always have to hurry up and log off. maybe its just me

have to agree with you on this...

Price for a top banner is more than 3 times the cost of a bottom banner.

The SS banner is at the top, so one could easily scroll down a couple of inches and not have it in view and still see all the boards functions such as PMs and the chatroom.

Now, as mentioned previously, the banner is the way it is because of marketing. It's excellent marketing - after all, ALL of you are noticing it and you know what the company sells.

That being said, I am sure something can be worked out where the banner can get changed or moved, but for SS not to lose exposure.
Maybe like what edge said - all of you can put the link to SS in your signatures and promote it every chance you have. That way, any loss of exposure that will happen from moving the banner from the top will be recovered because of you guys.

While we're asking for shit around here...

Price for a top banner is more than 3 times the cost of a bottom banner.

The SS banner is at the top, so one could easily scroll down a couple of inches and not have it in view and still see all the boards functions such as PMs and the chatroom.

Now, as mentioned previously, the banner is the way it is because of marketing. It's excellent marketing - after all, ALL of you are noticing it and you know what the company sells.

That being said, I am sure something can be worked out where the banner can get changed or moved, but for SS not to lose exposure.
Maybe like what edge said - all of you can put the link to SS in your signatures and promote it every chance you have. That way, any loss of exposure that will happen from moving the banner from the top will be recovered because of you guys.

I don't mind the syringe logo or the "looking for anabolics" ad one bit to tell the truth.

But what does bug the hell out of me...

Is there any way we could move Vander's pic from the "ripped members" section down to the bottom of the damn page????

J/k Vander. Lol.:D ;) :p

Dude, its a fact. You know it, I know it. The public knows it.

And I was just saying above that I dont think an advertisement for steroids is any less weird to the average person than a syringe ad. I think it is probably MORE noticeable.

I meant it in regard to the average Joe/Joan. Not the DEA. The DEA is already here and aware of everything that happens.

And yeah, I scroll down a few inches.

Or tell IE/FF to not download images. You can do that. Problem solved.

Tt

Train, you do realize 'dude' is a chick, right?

Anyways, my coworkers have only made a comment about the syringe....but your right, ill probably just disable the pics.

i would hereby vow to dedicate all of my future syringe purchases to sterilesyringes.com if we can get there advertisement changed or moved.
I would vow to do so if they had a secure checkout :p (No offense to anyone there... just an observation and my 2 cents)

To be honest I never thought about it since I only ever access the site from home and no one's ever around (sad huh?) but I can see where you're coming from on this. I also just now noticed they have a banner at both the top and bottom of the page.

I just scoll down a bit if I am in a possible sensitive situation or have another window open to another site and click on that to hide if I need to

SS banner at the top has been removed. Now, all of you that have requested so, have a SS link in your signatures, as discussed above.
For some of you, it will only appear once you do your next post, since you did not have a previous signature.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws