over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else look better training less?

I'm actually an endo. Was like 40% body fat about 15yrs ago. Past 10yesrs been on hrt and gh and now I sit around 5'11" 250lbs and always stay around 12-14%. With my body type now its almost impossible for me to get higher than 14% bc I'm always on test, gh and peptides. I hold muscle easy but it's very hard for me to get below 10%.

Endos do good with MON/TUE/THU/FRI, MON/TUE/THU/SAT or something similar, but can go to the gym the other days for general stretching, core and cardio.

I find that very few people do really good with 5 or 6 days a week of weight lifting. Most are burnt out and don't even notice. I know a guy who trains 3 hours Monday thru Saturday, ABC routine, so he trains his whole body twice a week with several sets and reps. If you see him walking down the street you won't notice he lifts.

Of course one seriously enhanced can get by with more training.

I only train weights about 30 mins(i dont rest more then 10 secs between sets or exercises) about 5 days a week. I then swim or cardio 10 mins on same day. I look so much better then I did in my 20's training 2 plus hours 6 days week. I just look back at all the time I wasted.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't do 5days in a row. In my early 20's it was easy but now in my mid 30's with kids it's rough. Even though I'm on test and Gh it's still not the same as when I was 19 or 20yrs old. For those of you who train 3-4x per week what's your split? I stress too much about not hitting each muscle enough. I'm maintaining/slowly dieting now if that helps.

No, I'm the opposite. I look worse if I take a few days off. My body goes flat so easily, miss a meal miss a workout and boom like night and day

3 days a week and train EOD. Just turned 38, training clean, kids etc. training anymore then that wipes me out. Current split

Monday vertical back width and quads.

Wednesday chest and biceps with laterals at end

Friday back thickness and posterior chain

Week 2

Monday delts and triceps

Wednesday repeat etc

A lot of indirect/direct type lifts. Weighted dips and reverse/cg benching on triceps day so chest getting hit as well. Lunges/Bulgarian split squats on back thickness day etc so quads getting hit as well

Last edited:
depends on goals. if i train 5 days/week high volume my metabolism is so nuts i can't eat enough to gain anything. in bulk, i do zero cardio, train very heavy 3-4 times per week for no more than 50 mins or so with 3-4 actual rest days where i basically sleep and eat all day. when cutting i increase volume and frequency to burn more cals for obvious reasons but still try to get a couple reps at my heaviest working weight...

I've only done 5x a week a handful of times and it was when I first started I believe. I can barely do 4x a week before getting burnt out , I can't imagine 5x a week. Plus i notice the older I get the less time I want to be in the gym . I like working out to a degree but I more so do it just for the aesthetic looks, I prefer to be doing other fun things in life though than spending hours upon hours each week at the gym. Experimenting right now with 3 days in the gym and might go back up to 4.

5/week is ideal for me. Most of my body parts require their own day to be stimulated enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

for me, the more training, the better I feel, and I have to say it depends, bro, just after browsing others' comments

I looked my best doing DC Training:
Week1 M W F Split 1 2 1
Week2 M W F Split 2 1 2
Then Repeat!

I have two splits I like to switch between, a high volume body part split 5x/week and a little lower volume PPL with heavier weights. I look my best in the first few weeks of switching over from the PPL to the body part split. My bro theory is the new muscle growth I stimulated in the heavy training split gets nice and pumped up by the high volume split. Total bro science, but that is what works for me, and that's what you need to find out.

If that means less working out, congrats now you have more free time ;)

if i don't eat enough then i look better training less, but if i train more and shovel the food down then i look even better

It's a balance between food and recovery time of your body type...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Taking a genetic test on fitness genes will tell you know often you should be training

I look about the same but definitely progress better if I train less frequently

I just can't bring myself to be happy with fewer than 5-6x/wk in the gym

I'll go months without a day off...even though I know better :(

I'm actually an endo. Was like 40% body fat about 15yrs ago. Past 10yesrs been on hrt and gh and now I sit around 5'11" 250lbs and always stay around 12-14%. With my body type now its almost impossible for me to get higher than 14% bc I'm always on test, gh and peptides. I hold muscle easy but it's very hard for me to get below 10%.

I am a Endomorph too and honestly I truly hate it. So damn annoying

Any training for a muscle, especially higher volume, will make it smaller in the short term. Depleted glycogen stores/water. Heavy weight low volume, will tear down the muscle, making it smaller in the short term.
Aren't these the principles behind carb depleting and then loading for a contest? Also, not training legs for a full week before a contest?
Just thinking out loud.

I look about the same but definitely progress better if I train less frequently

I just can't bring myself to be happy with fewer than 5-6x/wk in the gym

I'll go months without a day off...even though I know better :(

I do the same, it's what makes us happy. Not a big deal.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws