advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone ever get persistent braing fog/dizziness?

For nearly a year, I've had this issue that comes and goes where I get this head rush and feel so dizzy or out of it. It's not the kind of dizziness where it feels like the room is spinning but just severely light headed. Sometimes it happens early and then goes away in the afternoon. Other times it is constant.

It just came back hard the last few days. I kept trying to see if it was any supplement I am taking but I've tried a process of elimination with everything and I really don't think it's that. I woke up this morning and didn't take anything and the feeling is hitting me strong.

Anyone ever deal with anything like this?

Any chance you may have sleep apnea? It can cause you to feel groggy and foggish.

Ill get those dizzy spells often after training hard.
It feels to me like I need sugar or to eat my way out of it.
Ive had it so bad I thought i better sit down before i fall down.
Im no help on how to fix it. But Im reading with curiosity.
I hope you get it figured out.

Yeah man I hear ya. This was just a run of the mill "Super Antioxidant" supplement, with relatively high amounts of Vitamin A, C, E and Selenium. It was about 20 years ago though and I don't remember the brand.

Definitely made me sick though. And like I said, I've since learned that I'm not the only one that reacts that way to those kinds of antioxidant supplements.

I do not take those specific supplements in pill form. Only through food.

Any chance you may have sleep apnea? It can cause you to feel groggy and foggish.

Nah

Have you seen a doctor?

Yea a few last year. All it did was create more problems like them making me think I had lyme or epilepsy (I don't have them). The docs have failed me on this issue.

Training actually makes it better believe it or not. A lot of the time, it happens soon after I wake up and goes away around noon. Sometimes (like right now) it's persistent and doesn't go away and makes me want to lie in bed feeling dizzy all day. I still haven't figured it out. Nothing makes any sense.

I take 3mg melatonin every night. For a while I thought it was effecting me similarly but now I don't think it is the culprit for me. I also take a low dose metoprolol at night.

I seem to get dizzy odd feelings from both anxiety and low blood sugars. Whenever I test my blood sugar I have good scores though. The only thing to every show anything with blood work was a glucose test that showed that I maintain normal blood glucose for two house and then it drops to low range on hour three.

I blame the frequent eating for me not to be able to maintain blood sugar when I have no food currently in my stomach.

What makes me feel better is eating less carbs in the AM and also doing some fasting here and there.

Well, after working out your blood pressure actually goes down quite a bit. I have trouble and many times have to drop my drug dosage some because of hypotension.

Training actually makes it better believe it or not. A lot of the time, it happens soon after I wake up and goes away around noon. Sometimes (like right now) it's persistent and doesn't go away and makes me want to lie in bed feeling dizzy all day. I still haven't figured it out. Nothing makes any sense.

Could be inner ear related. Maybe you have a middle ear infection, or just a lot of fluid in there. When you stand up it drains down and out of there. Laying down that crap accumulates over night.

Could be inner ear related. Maybe you have a middle ear infection, or just a lot of fluid in there. When you stand up it drains down and out of there. Laying down that crap accumulates over night.

Good thought but I had the test for this with an ear doctor and I don't have one

Well, after working out your blood pressure actually goes down quite a bit. I have trouble and many times have to drop my drug dosage some because of hypotension.

One thing about me is, I just don't automatically take BP meds at certain times. I check it first to determine how much and what time.

I didn't get specific when you texted me the other day asking if... "is it possibly from too many antioxidants?"

I would indulge into the ginormous list of supplements you're taking and see how many of these are nitric oxide precursors. Not so much for the "possiblity" of making you hypotensive, moreso too much N.O in you're noggin isn't a good thing. This is all suggestive, not absolute.

Obviously your best resource is seeking out the right physician to dig a bit deeper into this. I know you have had some unfortunate go-arounds with a few different physicians.

Hopefully you figure this out sooner than later as I know this has been an ongoing issue.

When's the last time you checked your thyroid status? Are you still taking pregnenolone? If it's not hormonal, it might be related to your AR. Maybe you would do better with a slightly higher blood pressure until you have the surgery?

Brain fog can be caused by hypothyroidism . Big time.

Obviously we are all guess but it def sounds like it might be an inner ear problem. I would get that checked out. That's not fun. I def experience the same thing when I have ear infections. I also started having the dizzy spells when I was using Kratom......my hands would tremble too. It was terrible, and many times I was unable to even drive. Once I quit using K, it went away for good.

I hope you can figure it out.

I have been having inner ear problems and its really kicked my ass. Cant believe how bad its affected me. Definitely something I wont take lightly again.

I research it is it says Blood pressure meds in general are not good to take with it. Melatonin can raise blood pressure in people who are taking certain medications to control blood pressure. When I took both together I was getting Vertigo and dizziness.

OK. I was wondering since I take otc carditone to control bp. Thanks for the info.

When's the last time you checked your thyroid status? Are you still taking pregnenolone? If it's not hormonal, it might be related to your AR. Maybe you would do better with a slightly higher blood pressure until you have the surgery?

I had all the thyroid tests done last June when I was also having this problem in a really bad way. Everything pertaining to thyroid was fine. I have the results somewhere. I considered this possibility at that time.

It certainly could be related to my AR. That's kind of what I was thinking but it's strange how it can be terrible, then not bad at all for months, then terrible, repeat. The cardiologists I see do not seem to think I should have any symptoms.

For what it's worth, I ran a mile in 6 minutes last week so if it this is related to my AR, I feel like it should be affecting my breathing too.

Obviously we are all guess but it def sounds like it might be an inner ear problem. I would get that checked out. That's not fun. I def experience the same thing when I have ear infections. I also started having the dizzy spells when I was using Kratom......my hands would tremble too. It was terrible, and many times I was unable to even drive. Once I quit using K, it went away for good.

I hope you can figure it out.

I already had it checked it out and I do not have an inner ear infection.

Last edited:
I didn't get specific when you texted me the other day asking if... "is it possibly from too many antioxidants?"

I would indulge into the ginormous list of supplements you're taking and see how many of these are nitric oxide precursors. Not so much for the "possiblity" of making you hypotensive, moreso too much N.O in you're noggin isn't a good thing. This is all suggestive, not absolute.

Obviously your best resource is seeking out the right physician to dig a bit deeper into this. I know you have had some unfortunate go-arounds with a few different physicians.

Hopefully you figure this out sooner than later as I know this has been an ongoing issue.

I never knew about the over use of NO issue. I will cut back on anything that increases NO

I'm going to take a break from supplements to see if that helps.

I never knew about the over use of NO issue. I will cut back on anything that increases NO

I'm going to take a break from supplements to see if that helps.

Good idea. If the problem then goes away you will have to slowly reintroduce each thing by itself and see what happens.

Good idea. If the problem then goes away you will have to slowly reintroduce each thing by itself and see what happens.

Yea exactly. I am fairly certain it isn't one specific thing but maybe a combo of things hitting me from a certain pathway that I do not want. I've tried some eliminations previously but not for an extended time.

I suspect it's blood pressure related. The combination of blood pressure medications (in particular the nebivolol), supplements that alter blood pressure (e.g. astragalus, NO boosters mainly causing peripheral vasodilation) and the AR may lead to insufficient blood flow to the brain?

I would start by cutting out the supps that have an impact on NO, then reduce the astragalus dose to something like 1g a day at most. If that does not help, reduce Nebivolol dose slowly over time.

It's a long shot but hey...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner