advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone has success using pre and probiotics?

syntherolman

Registered
Has prebiotics and probiotics helped anyone on this board or are they just another placebo effect? Wouldn't foods be sufficient? Just curious.

Has prebiotics and probiotics helped anyone on this board or are they just another placebo effect? Wouldn't foods be sufficient? Just curious.

The problem is that 93% of the probiotics contained in traditional probiotic supplements will be dead before they ever reach our gut and dead probiotics are completely worthless. Because probiotics are living bacteria, they are also extremely sensitive to even the slightest change in environmental conditions. Due to the extreme acidic environment of the stomach most of the live probiotic cells will be killed off before reaching the intestine. In the end, traditional probiotic supplements, while claiming billions upon billions of active cells per dose, will only wind up delivering a very small percentage of what their label promises alive and well to your gut.

Taking Prebiotics every single day is even more important to your health than taking probiotics.

The problem is that 93% of the probiotics contained in traditional probiotic supplements will be dead before they ever reach our gut and dead probiotics are completely worthless. Because probiotics are living bacteria, they are also extremely sensitive to even the slightest change in environmental conditions. Due to the extreme acidic environment of the stomach most of the live probiotic cells will be killed off before reaching the intestine. In the end, traditional probiotic supplements, while claiming billions upon billions of active cells per dose, will only wind up delivering a very small percentage of what their label promises alive and well to your gut.

Taking Prebiotics every single day is even more important to your health than taking probiotics.
Why are prebiotics better?

I too, have heard numerous times prebiotics are better even though I don't know why and most people in general aren't aware of them.

I use Now Foods 'stevia balance' as my sweetner for everything (oats, coffee, cottage cheese etc etc) as it contains Inulin & Chromium

I also use a probiotic but no way to tell if its working I guess. I do now that when i started taking the sweetner, probiotic & digestive enzymes I farted alot less

Why are prebiotics better?

Like Emeric said, probiotics are live cultures of which most die before reaching the destination in the intestines where they belong. PREbiotics are essentially "food" for the intestinal flora which cause those bacteria to thrive and multiply. They are non living so the harsh acidic environment in the stomach won't matter like they do with the live probiotics.

So PRObiotics are an inefficient way to try to ADD to the population of bacteria. PREbiotics increase the bacterial population by causing those existing bacteria to thrive and multiply.

Last edited:
I use primal defence probiotics and notice if I stop taking then for a few days the bloating and digestion issues come back. When I'm not blasting I don't seem to need them

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

What do you guys think of the probiotics that claim to be resistant to digestion until the reach the intestines? Some of the time release ones and such.....

I use this: Primadophilus Optima 100 Billion / 30 Vcaps - Nature's Way®.

It guarantees intestinal delivery and I do feel better on it.

I also take Klaire Labs Biotagen for prebiotics: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/BiotaGen-120c-by-Klaire-Labs/dp/B003PQPC9A"]Amazon.com: BiotaGen 120c by Klaire Labs: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31HcHwad0JL.@@AMEPARAM@@31HcHwad0JL[/ame]
( **broken link removed** )

The combination of the two really helps me as I have severe IBS and ulcers.

Last edited:
Used couple brands from GNC. Did nothing that I could notice.

Here's an article explaining why pre and pro-biotics are the most anabolic and anti-catabolic supplements you can possibly use, better than gear and any peptide combination possible.

I'm just kidding on the above ;) ;) ;) ;)

It's not a bad primer on using them in a bodybuilding context:

**broken link removed**

-Scott

Last edited:
Here's an article explaining why pre and pro-biotics are the most anabolic and anti-catabolic supplements you can possibly use, better than gear and any peptide combination possible.

I'm just kidding on the above ;) ;) ;) ;)

It's not a bad primer on using them in a bodybuilding context:

**broken link removed**

-Scott

A very wise man wrote that article ;)

Not true.
Enteric coated probiotics will pass through the stomach and get digested in the small intestine.

Not true.
Enteric coated probiotics will pass through the stomach and get digested in the small intestine.

This is what I thought... and why I use the ones I do.

Not true.

All I know is its a big big difference using them. Not sure what mine are coated in but they had lots of very of good reviews so I got them. Forgot to take the last 2 or 3 days and the bloated belly coming back:mad:

Last edited:
Not true.

Sorry. Issues with tapa a talk. Double post

Last edited:
All I know is its a big big difference using them. Not sure what mine are coated in but they had lots of very of good reviews so I got them. Forgot to take the last 2 or 3 days and the bloated belly coming back:mad:

You gonna tell us which kind you got?

You gonna tell us which kind you got?

Primal defence ultra i think there called.

I use Emeric's DWGE 2 X daily and it works great for me.

For a couple years my diet got a little out of control and I started eating nothing but shit and fast food every day pretty much all day. After say six months my body started fighting back and I was having some really screwed up bowel and intestinal problems. I was n denial that it was my diet, but what else could it be? After battling with some ibs symptoms for a few years I started taking probiotics I don't really rember what brand but they were the kind you have to refrigerated and they costed me a pretty penny but I tried it along with some high grade psysilium husk(spelling)...

Anyway within 3 days my stool hardnes back up. No more nausea or bloating and delayed gastric emptying sulphur burps(those sucked) Within a few weeks I got off the pro's and fiber and felt great with none of the symptoms. It came and went a few times after that but after a good 4 months of super clean pre contest diet I haven't had any problems.

So I'm a firm believer in probiotics! And clean non processed food diet plays a huge part as well. Organic grass fed even better

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131