advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone know much about endurance/running?

Demo2

Banned
To be perfectly honest, I never did much cardio work at all. I started running last week and it was 100% pathetic ... I though the fact that my hematocrit levels hover around 60 would help or something but it seemed like it didn't. I was wondering if I did say a two month cycle of winstrol, would the gains I made in endurance be mostly due to increased RBC and DHT (ie- go away once I stop)? I'm hoping to be able to run 3 miles in 22 minutes by January. I currently can't get anywhere near that. Test and most injectables usually kill my endurance and EQ is long acting and I want to be clean for at least a month before shipping out to bootcamp so I don't suffer any crashes and hopefully recover my test production before then. Hense the winny only cycle for 2 months and maybe 50mg/day. Nothing serious, but enough to help me prepare for all the running.

If as you say your hematocrit is in the 60 range - you are at HIGH risk for a stroke &/or heart attack from a blood clot. Start taking an asprin / day and hydrate like hell. Give blood as soon as possible.
Better yet, go see your MD. Tomorrow!!!
Once you get it down to safer levels, then PM me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. I may have exaggerated the hema levels, last time was 56 so I just rounded off to 60. The time before was 54 etc etc. It's been pretty high for years. I have seen a doctor (the first time I saw those numbers I did get worried). I give blood, take baby aspirin, add vinegar, etc etc to get it low but usually stop a couple of weeks around the time I get tested just to see my base levels. I always attributed it to the fact that I'm on something or another for most of the year and use a lot of EQ (I'm on it while bulking, dieting, maintaining, lol).

Alfresco, you seem to do a ton of cardio. Do you have any advice for someone starting to get serious about cardio like myself? Have you ever done any type of cycle with the sole purpose of improving endurance?

the difference in clot risk between a hemo of 56 and 60 is immense... these are numbers you do not round off to the nearest ten!

to put this in persective, i have used epo to help with athletic endurance, and raising my crit from 47 to 49 made a huge difference. when i got over 49 i would feel lousy (and actually have less endurance). i think alot of the benefit of EPO does not come directly from the crit elevation (it is a great lactic acid buffer)

i'd be carefull with winstrol, as the combo of your heavy weight and sudden overload of running will cause alot of joint and tendon stress. then winstrol will amplify this. you will then go into boot camp injured.

also if they do bloodwork as part of the bootcamp physical, a hemo of 60 could possibly disqualify you? maybe talk to your recruiter about this?

if i were you i'd just go off all juice for now.

...to put this in persective, i have used epo to help with athletic endurance, and raising my crit from 47 to 49 made a huge difference. when i got over 49 i would feel lousy (and actually have less endurance).

Think of 20/50 motor oil in your engine on a -15 degree day. That's how thick blood thats 60% RBC's is.
Past a hematocrit of 51 the "sludge" factor actually decreases cardiac output & increases peripheral resistance.
When I found out mine was 54.3, I nearly shit a brick on the spot. I donated double cells & platelets the next day. I ate 3 cans of chicken noodle soup and drank 1.5 gal of water before so my hematocrit was low enough to donate. Last check was 48.5

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws