mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone remember "Points of flexion" training?

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Not sure if I got the name right,but the training was based on MRIs of every muscle and organizing a group of exercises that trained a specific muscle to its max.It involved some type of stretch set after a main compound movement i.e. sissy squats after full squats. I do not remember how it was structured but I did some of the workouts a long time ago(7+years probably) and I do remember being pretty sore the next day.

Anyone know bout this?Seems we could apply some of this to our currennt workouts.

BALDNAZI said:
Not sure if I got the name right,but the training was based on MRIs of every muscle and organizing a group of exercises that trained a specific muscle to its max.It involved some type of stretch set after a main compound movement i.e. sissy squats after full squats. I do not remember how it was structured but I did some of the workouts a long time ago(7+years probably) and I do remember being pretty sore the next day.

Anyone know bout this?Seems we could apply some of this to our currennt workouts.

POF ,Just go to the IronMan site and you can get any info you want.
They have several books on it also. They scrapped it for X Reps now.
Very good workouts using compound and iso movements.
They did get away from the simplicity of it though doing several movements for each bodypart and way to many iso movements.
Workouts were like 24-36 sets.
RC

I found that POF worked extremely well for me for certain bodyparts. Particularly arms. Seems like it was '95 or so. My biceps back then were my weakest bodypart. Using the concept of a "compound" or basic move, a stretch position move, and a contracted positon move, I brought them up in no time. Alternating that sequence w/ what I believe he called hypercontraction training, where you do the stretch, basic, then contracted worked extremely well for me. I applied this as part of a "traditional" approach, not the system in which Holman used it. Razor uses these concepts in his UHT routine. There is definitely something to it. Like Razor said, Holman ended up overcomplicating things. For guys like me w/ less than healthy knees stretch position motions for quads become problematic. The 3 exercise set up doesn't work as well for larger bodyparts as it does for arms b/c you end up performing 2/3 of your moves as iso exercises. There are several other flaws when the approach is used across the board for all bodyparts as Holman had it set up. I like the way Razor has incorporated it in his UHT routine.

Rex.

Bought the book and hammered away at it for a good 6 months. Fun and something new. Overtrained and it became to complicated. Learned alot.

If I remember correctly it was based on using different movements: compound heavy movements for 4-7 reps, then a stretch movement for 8-12 reps, and contraction movements for 12-15 reps or something like that. I don't know if the rep ranges that all are significant, but I remember trying out the arm routine and getting awesome pumps. But when you look at it on paper, it's just your basic routine, but in practice, you can get some nice pumps from it and it's a nice change of pace (variety = growth!)

If I remember, my arm workouts went like this:

BB curls or DB alternating curls
Incline curls, set low enough to get a deep stretch
concentration curls or spider curls, light weight and squeeze the hell out of it at the contraction point.

Close grip presses or dips
overhead db extensions or overhead cable extensions for stretch
either rope pushdowns or db kickbacks again emphasizing the contraction.

It made workouts fun, getting that insane pump like that, but after awhile, the format got boring and redundant, and gains ground to a halt.

Rex Feral said:
I found that POF worked extremely well for me for certain bodyparts. Particularly arms. Seems like it was '95 or so. My biceps back then were my weakest bodypart. Using the concept of a "compound" or basic move, a stretch position move, and a contracted positon move, I brought them up in no time. Alternating that sequence w/ what I believe he called hypercontraction training, where you do the stretch, basic, then contracted worked extremely well for me. I applied this as part of a "traditional" approach, not the system in which Holman used it. Razor uses these concepts in his UHT routine. There is definitely something to it. Like Razor said, Holman ended up overcomplicating things. For guys like me w/ less than healthy knees stretch position motions for quads become problematic. The 3 exercise set up doesn't work as well for larger bodyparts as it does for arms b/c you end up performing 2/3 of your moves as iso exercises. There are several other flaws when the approach is used across the board for all bodyparts as Holman had it set up. I like the way Razor has incorporated it in his UHT routine.

Rex.

Thanks Rex. The thing is everything will be a hybrid of somebody elses ideas today. Everything has been done ove the years. The thing is to take the best and throw out the garbage. The UHT routine is not perfect but take the best of what we know that does work and put it to use. Overcomplicating things just makes things unatainable and tiresome.
Every routine and method has a good and bad about it. You just need to know what that is.

RC

I happened to own both thr POS book and the second book, Compund Aftershock (pre-exhaust) method of training.

They were great programs to try and keep things interesting when I was first starting out.

I think it was a pretty damn good program for beginners & intermediate. It taught you the importance of rang of motion, stretching, the contraction, and moving the heavy weight with compound type movements.

:cool:

It was one of a long list of acronyms that I can't even begin to completely compile.....POF, HST, DC, Max-OT, BFT, etc. Variation on a theme, nothing more. Oddly enough, in this world if you have an acronym, it's applicable....That goes for much more than just weight routines.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
saltseeker
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws