mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use whey as their primary protein source?

Right now I alternate.

Whey / Oats / Peanut Butter.
Chicken / Rice
Chicken / Rice
Eggs.

I don't particularly find it harder to cook up big batches of ground beef, chicken and rice and store them in the fridge in small Tupperware containers. All I have to do in the morning is grab them.

No. There are certain things in the concentrate that are not the isolate. But you are way better using isolate. I use ISO-100 from Dymatize and Hydro Whey from Optimum. Sometimes I'll buy CFM whey isolate from true nutrition.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

These are good examples of what i was talking about earlier (higher quality). Im definitely not anti-shake, I used to drink 3 a day sometimes more. But if you are going to do that you really need to buy the good stuff. I would get a high quality Whey and high quality Casein.

I really heavily on powders to maintain my ripped 260 lbs.
No way in hell to chew the amount of micros I need daily.
I guess I'm not as serious as some of the 212lbers. lol

Concreter you are most likely on a different level physique wise than the OP(i hate to assume but i am). When you are the size that you are, like you said you just need to get in a certain amount of protein and nutrients just to maintain. Obviously you know what you are doing, you been at it for some time.

He said he was taking 350g of concentrate a day, thats like 7 shakes. Its better than nothing but its low quality. I like the idea of him at least making a few more meals to have some carbs and fat with his protein. And upgrade the quality of his powder to get the most out of it.

And god damn it i just got over the flu and lost 10 lbs, im down to 210 lol !!!

Right now I alternate.

Chicken / Rice
Chicken / Rice
Eggs.

I don't particularly find it harder to cook up big batches of ground beef, chicken and rice and store them in the fridge in small Tupperware containers. All I have to do in the morning is grab them.

20sam91 if you need to have a lot of shakes this is how you should have them, make it more like a meal by adding natural peanut butter and oats. When i used to skip breakfast thats what i would do, i would even throw a half a frozen banana and frozen strawberries in there. It would taste great and fill you up.

Whey is probably one of the best protein sources you can get.It is better than most whole foods that are high in protein.And yes, it is better than most meats believe it or not.Problem is the companies that make it, tend to lie about the actual protein content.On the label it says it has 20g per scoop (25g) when in reality has 10. Someone tested all of the top brands and posted the results but it was deleted or taken down by someone after few days. I'll try to find it and post it.None of the brands had the amount of protein the label said.Only 2 brands were close , and rest of them were off by 20-50 %.
That's the only reason I'd chose a chicken breast over any powder, but scientifically speaking, whey protein is superior.

Right now I alternate.

Chicken / Rice
Chicken / Rice
Eggs.

This is how I do it...Every other meal is a liquid meal (Synthepure, oats, peanut butter, etc), followed by the solid meal (meat, rice or baked potato, greens, etc).....

A high quality protein powder cannot be beat IMO.
I use 80% caesin, 20% whey mix for during the day.
Peptopro and hydro whey during training.
Whey isolate if adding to a whole food meal to get protein higher.
I would say protein powder makes up 1/3 of my daily protein intake.
The trick is to use protein powders that contain what they claim;)

This is how I do it...Every other meal is a liquid meal (Synthepure, oats, peanut butter, etc), followed by the solid meal (meat, rice or baked potato, greens, etc).....

Same here. Meal, shake, meal, shake. Etc

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

84% is wasted. 16% will be utilized and 84% will be converted to catabolites. Also known as caloric energy or waste. Only 16% of whey is conducive to nitrogen retention; about half of the efficiency of most whole food protein sources. This is why you see most serious bodybuilders recommending food over powder.

About the most piss poor information I've ever read on here

No one that is even mildly serious about the lifestyle would do this. Find a way to make/pack/eat your meals because it's far far better than BS whey protein.

It's fair better? Do u understand biology? Whey is bs?! Whey isolate? Bv is higher than any other source. Do u science?

Can I get a fucking study showing that whey isn't a viable protein source? Pleaseeeeeee :)

When i used to have 2-3 shakes a day thats how i would do it. But only one shake (morning) would have the oats and peanut butter, the others would just be straight whey in a shaker. Probably should have just made them all with the carbs and the fat.

Im only really drinking one shake a day now to try something different. Im doing an intra drink (intra md) and mostly solid meals, wanna see how it goes. Im definitely not anti shake, i always loved whey.

In my experience I have had better gains with solid food. I usually have 1-2 shakes per day though anyways because of convenience.

No and if they do then there completely stupid! I do have a shake with 4 out of my 5-6 daily meals tho

84% is wasted. 16% will be utilized and 84% will be converted to catabolites. Also known as caloric energy or waste. Only 16% of whey is conducive to nitrogen retention; about half of the efficiency of most whole food protein sources. This is why you see most serious bodybuilders recommending food over powder.

what a complete bunch of BULLSHIT :banghead:

whey probably has the highest bioavailability of protein alone (not talking about these fancy xx%+xx% combinations) next to eggs.
the whole whey gets converted into glucose bullshit is just that - bullshit.
whey is absorbed quickly, but not so quickly that it gets converted to glucose because the body cant utilize the protein, lol. that all goes out the window if you mix it with milk (80% casein...) or really add ANYTHING else to it.

if you drink nothing but whey+water+dextrose all day then it might be a bit less effective, but who with a healthy brain in his head would do that anyway?

lol @ the exact % numbers :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

350g of whey a day is a lot. You shouldn't really need more than 2-3 shakes a day. If maintaining/building muscle is a priority in your life then prepare meals and put them in tupperware ahead of time. If it's not really a priority then don't just half-ass it and try to pretend like it is.

Where did you pick this shit up at? Nobody will argue that whole food protein is not superior, but your numbers are off I believe. The only thing worse than junk posts are posts that are PURE misinformation (or BroMyth) which imply a factual/science based answer yet have no valid basis, therefore misleading thousands of slack jawed meatheads across this wonderful forum. Not cool.

whey probably has the highest bioavailability of protein alone (not talking about these fancy xx%+xx% combinations) next to eggs.
whey is absorbed quickly, but not so quickly that it gets converted to glucose because the body cant utilize the protein, lol. that all goes out the window if you mix it with milk (80% casein...) or really add ANYTHING else to it.

if you drink nothing but whey+water+dextrose all day then it might be a bit less effective, but who with a healthy brain in his head would do that anyway?

Thank you! Only use whey to fill gaps or hit macros when your diet gets fucked for the day. But the information that its not very bio-available is misleading. There are many reasons whole food is superior (gastric emptying, timed release/delayed digestion (why casein is good), thermic effect, other nutrient content, etc.) but bio-availability is NOT a factor. Whole food, especially protein, has a large thermic effect which stimulates overall metabolism. An increased metabolism, in the presence of enough protein and carbs, is anabolic by nature. Whey iso is a blip on the radar and is in and out so FAST that it does very little to stimulate compared to whole food meals.

bioavailability-understanding-protein-absorption-chart.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure shelby currently has half protein from meat and half from shakes/bars. I won't argue that meat would be better but you have to be realistic. What's 100% optimal in a lab is rarely 100% optimal or convenient in the real world

Where did you pick this shit up at? Nobody will argue that whole food protein is not superior, but your numbers are off I believe. The only thing worse than junk posts are posts that are PURE misinformation (or BroMyth) which imply a factual/science based answer yet have no valid basis, therefore misleading thousands of slack jawed meatheads across this wonderful forum. Not cool.

Thank you! Only use whey to fill gaps or hit macros when your diet gets fucked for the day. But the information that its not very bio-available is misleading. There are many reasons whole food is superior (gastric emptying, timed release/delayed digestion (why casein is good), thermic effect, other nutrient content, etc.) but bio-availability is NOT a factor.

bioavailability-understanding-protein-absorption-chart.jpg

I have seen him post the same thing in a few Synthepure protein threads...Every time someone calls him out for a source on his info...Every time after that he is nowhere to be found:rolleyes:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
billions.must.lift
NapsGear