advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone use whey as their primary protein source?

Mixing whey and peanut butter in cooked oatmeal is insanely addicting. It's easy to eat 2000 calories in one sitting doing this lol
my wife makes these. its an easy way to sneak protein into the kids. ;)

i use to take almond milk, whey, oats, pb, walden farms chocolate syrup and baking power and nuke it in the microwave for like 45 seconds. everyone in my office always asked "who is making chocolate cake?". it's addicting and the baking powder makes it rise and adds to the fullness

Mixing whey and peanut butter in cooked oatmeal is insanely addicting. It's easy to eat 2000 calories in one sitting doing this lol

My Favorite

Chocolate Whey
All Natural Peanut Butter
Skim Milk
Oats (i dont cook them)
And a banana

I do half whey/half casein shakes. From what I have read, that takes away quite a bit of the argument I usually see posted about whey.

Look some stuff up from Lyle Mcdonald about why casein might be beneficial. High doses of whey can actually inhibit protein synthesis and increase oxidation of the aminos when it hits a certain threshold in the blood.

The casein's slow trickle of aminos into the blood doesn't seem to cause this inhibitory response. The issue is casein's leucine content isn't as optimal as whey. So I mix both (if I am not mistake, this also alters whey absorption).

I don't think a slower digesting combination like this is much different than eating whole food sources.

Of course there are other factors in whole food such as how Vitamin A plays a role in protein turnover, how fats play a role, micronutrients etc.

Isn't that pretty much what my last sentence is saying?

this is only true for simpyl ingesting whey and NOTHING else.

whey+water. all day.

just drinking your whey with MILK completely squashes these numbers.

I do half whey/half casein shakes. From what I have read, that takes away quite a bit of the argument I usually see posted about whey.

That's exactly what I do.......also easier on my stomach.

Went to BB.com to order some AllMax IsoFlex Whey this morning. ALL Isoflex brands unavailable there now. Anyone know if they went under or anything like that?

Isn't that pretty much what my last sentence is saying?

yes, AGREE...
BUT its just COMPLETELY wrong to toute whey as inferior protein source because of that.

if you eat JUST chicken breast ALONE with nothing else then the amount used for muscle building is probably shit too.
ofc protein alone is always inferior to a "complete" meal.
but that has nothing to do with the whey itself.

yes, AGREE...
BUT its just COMPLETELY wrong to toute whey as inferior protein source because of that.

if you eat JUST chicken breast ALONE with nothing else then the amount used for muscle building is probably shit too.
ofc protein alone is always inferior to a "complete" meal.
but that has nothing to do with the whey itself.
Horrible comparison.

Great tasting shake that has the calories of a full meal....

2 scoops vanilla whey Isolate, 1/3 cup uncooked oats, 1 scoop Prime Nutrition Phytoform Berry Flavor, 1 scoop powdered peanut butter (or regular peanut butter), some frozen berries, half frozen banana... In almond milk.

Try it !!! Tastes great and it has everything you need in it for a meal

I'm going to put this in layman's terms.

Whey alone isn't optimal for meals. Think along the terms its best to eat muscle to build muscle for proper amino profiles. Meat also has saturated fats that are the building block of enzymes that trigger anabolic activity. The meal you ate 4hours ago is helping push the meal you are eating now into muscles.

the ideal meal would have some quick spiking aminos like whey, eggs or EAA. In small amounts. Than a meal with real meat and proper macros so the protein isn't used as fuel.

second best way to do it is the way the guys that alternate a loaded shake with real meals.

Last edited:

Truth be told. The biggest I ever got was eating that exact concoction a few times a day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Great tasting shake that has the calories of a full meal....

2 scoops vanilla whey Isolate, 1/3 cup uncooked oats, 1 scoop Prime Nutrition Phytoform Berry Flavor, 1 scoop powdered peanut butter (or regular peanut butter), some frozen berries, half frozen banana... In almond milk.

Try it !!! Tastes great and it has everything you need in it for a meal

Fuck you man. Lol. I have an addiction and now you are giving me more recipes to add to it. Lol

Fuck you man. Lol. I have an addiction and now you are giving me more recipes to add to it. Lol

Its good bro !!! The phytoform makes it !!! That stuff is really sweet. I make it in the Nutri Bullet, so easy. With the diet im on now thats like a cheat meal lol...

Sorry if I don't buy into all the supplement company hype about protein powders. They don't do anything for you except help you fulfill a perceived protein requirement. I never noticed any difference in my physique by changing over to Whey Protein when it was supposed to be the greatest thing to happen to bodybuilding since Cybergenics.

For the record, chicken breast alone is twice as efficient as Whey in water. I already pointed that out in a previous post. Food sources are twice as efficient at being put to work building muscle than ANY protein powder. Whey, Casein, Egg, Pea, Hemp, Soy...you name it. Compared to chicken, you need twice the amount.

Now...if you aren't a big eater which I am not either...you can take a scoop of Synthepure with 3-4 ounces of chicken breast and you're good to go. Or mix the Whey of your choice in raw egg whites, or milk. We also seem to forget about all the protein that's hidden in our other foods. A cup of oatmeal has 10 grams of protein in it.

BV is a useless, outdated method of measuring the quality of a protein source. Layne Norton...isn't that the IIFYM guy? Yeah, I buy into what he's got to sell you. Go ask real athletes what they do and believe. Half the guys competing in bodybuilding from local shows on up to the Mr. O are switching in droves to IIFYM. Not.

Lyle McDonald...doesn't he "sell" people pipe dreams too? Go to his website and he comes off like another Dr. Oz.

I'm not trying to sell you guys anything. I am trying to actually give you something for free. And...you won't take it! My business is not even bodybuilding. I am just coming at you from a 25 years of solid experience standpoint.

You are correct. If you are going to buy a powdered protein supplement, whey is the best you can get.

Whey isolate is superior to every protein source. Do some research on biological values. Norton aragon mcdonald have all studied this meticulously.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131