Moderator - R.I.P.
Day 1 : Cardio am. Chest, delts and triceps pm
Chest
Incline smith machine press.
1x 25 reps
1x 15reps
1x 10 reps
1x 8 reps
1x failure with two rest pause and static hold.

Pec deck Fly
1 pump set to failure around 20 reps really squeezing each rep.

Delts
Seated over head DB press.
1x 12 reps
1x 10 reps
1 x failure with 2 rest pause.

Side laterals.
1x failure around 20 reps squeezing each rep.

Triceps
Close grip bench
1 x 10 reps
1x failure with 2 rest pause and static hold

Triceps rope push downs
1x failure around 20 reps squeezing each rep

Day 2 : Quads am. hamstrings and calves pm.
Leg press
1x 30 reps
1x 20 reps
1x 15 reps
1x 15 reps
1x failure with 2 rest pause and static hold.

Leg extensions
1x around 20 reps really squeezing the muscle.

Hamstrings
1x 20 reps
1x 15 reps
1x 12 reps
1x failure with 2 rest pause.

Calves
Seated calve raise
1x15 reps
1x failure with 2 rest pause

Day 3 : cardio am. Back and biceps PM.
Lat pull downs
1x 20 reps
1x 15 reps
1x 10 reps
1x8 reps
1x failure with 2 rest pause.

Bent over BB rows
1x 15 reps
1x 10 reps
1x failure with 2 rest pause

Low pulley rows
1x failure around 20 reps squeezing the muscle.

Biceps
Preacher bench cable curls
1x 12 reps
1x 10 reps
1x failure with 2 rest pause and static hold.

Hammer curls
1x12 reps
1 failure with 2 rest pause.

Standing EZ cable curls
1x failure around 20 reps squeezing the muscle.

I stretch after every work set and train each body part every 7 days, if I feel the muscle has not recovered fully when my next workout is due I have no problem taking a extra days rest. I also do 20mins low intensity cardio on non workout days.

ok, im totally confused now...

i always thought for example chest day should have more then 2 exercises

like flat bench, incline, db flys, pecdeck, cable crossovers...

i totally get that your doing alot of work with only 2 exercises.. guess its back to reading some more :eek:

im sure the fact that "everyone is different" plays a big role here.. and what u do obvisouly works lol your a monster.. i just get so confussed sometimes :confused: :(

Thanks for Sharing Big Bapper.
Im always curious to see how the Big Guys are training.
So you would do each of these training days once per week?
One day on and day off?

Thanks for posting for BigBapper. Looks like a solid plan. Keep it up bro.

I guess I should post my routine:
Day 1 & 4: Back, Chest, Calves, 30 minutes of very moderate Cardio
Pull-ups: 3 sets till failure
Bent-over Row: 3 sets of 15,10,5 reps
Close Grip Pulldown: 3 total sets with only 20 seconds of rest in between

Decline Bench Press: 3 sets of 15,10,5 reps
Flat Bench Press or Floor Press: 3 sets 15,10,5 reps
Cable Crossover: 3 total sets with only 20 seconds of rest in between

Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps

Day 2 & 5: Legs, abs, 30 minute very moderate cardio
Squats: 3 sets of 15,10,5 reps
Stiff Leg Deadlift: 3 sets of 15,10, 5
Leg Curl: 3 total sets with only 20 seconds of rest in between

Weighted Crunch: 3 sets 15-20 reps

Day 3 & 6: Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, 30 minutes of very moderate cardio
Lateral Raises: 7 sets with 30 seconds in between each set

DB curl: 3 sets of 15,10,5 reps
Preacher curl: 3 total sets with only 20 seconds of rest in between

Close Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 15,10,5 reps
Dips: 3 sets till failure

Day 7: Rest and Eat Plenty!

Last edited:

i totally get that your doing alot of work with only 2 exercises.. guess its back to reading some more :eek:

im sure the fact that "everyone is different" plays a big role here.. and what u do obvisouly works lol your a monster.. i just get so confussed sometimes :confused: :(

Im finding that as i get older LESS IS MORE.

Honest bro, all roads lead to Rome. Its all about finding out what is the quickest route for you.

Thanks for Sharing Big Bapper.
Im always curious to see how the Big Guys are training.
So you would do each of these training days once per week?
One day on and day off?

Each workout is done once each week, so I get a full seven days to recover. I am only traing 3 days each week rAJ and getting really good results.

Im finding that as i get older LESS IS MORE.

I think so MAIN, its allot easier to over train that allot of us think as I say to the people I train I would rather see them under-train than over-train.

Training is the easy part, we are in the gym to stimulate muscle growth. It the other 23 hours we spend outside the gym makes the difference.We need to give the muscle time to grow.

Thanks for sharing

Honest bro, all roads lead to Rome. Its all about finding out what is the quickest route for you.

That's very true. After two or three years or so, of learning the basics, you have to figure out what works for you personally in all aspects of muscle building. I would like to thank you for sharing your routine, since it's obviously working for you.

I do have one question though, I see your set and rep scheme. I assume that you go up in poundages as the reps numbers drop.

Then you list one as going to failure, do you drop weight at that point? If so, how much aprox? If you would be so kind as to give an example.

Thanks again

Like all guys have said already, don't for one minute dread it, just try different things and figure out what you like and what works. The proof is in the pudding that there is no one best way to train and that you're much better off mentally to just stop thinking about it.

It's not because 4, 5 or 20 different exercises work a given muscle that you have to perform them all while training the bodypart in question!

The best advice I can give you is to NOT try to copy the so called monstrous workout you read about in mags... it sure makes for some nice training pics, but that's about the only interest the likes of Flex have.

It's all about intensity. And you don't have to do 30 sets, hell not even 15, to train effectively.

Big Bapper, between your diet threat and this one, that's some good stuff you provide the board with. Thanks! :)

That's very true. After two or three years or so, of learning the basics, you have to figure out what works for you personally in all aspects of muscle building. I would like to thank you for sharing your routine, since it's obviously working for you.

I do have one question though, I see your set and rep scheme. I assume that you go up in poundages as the reps numbers drop.

Then you list one as going to failure, do you drop weight at that point? If so, how much aprox? If you would be so kind as to give an example.

Thanks again

Yes I increase the weight with each set till I reach my work set. I will take the work set to failure then rack the bar and take 15-20 deep breaths then take the bar and do as many more reps as I can, then repeat this once more. We will use incline smith press or example I will work up trough the weights till I reach my work set and lets say I get 10 clean reps. I rack the weight and take 15 deep breaths, then take the weigh and do as many more reps as possible usually about 4 or 5 for me. Rack the weight another 15 breaths and then do as many more reps as I can at this stage the muscle is pretty fried and sometimes I can only get one or two reps.

It a very fast way to stimulate muscle growth. In the words of the late Mike mentzer once you turn the light switch on(stimulate growth) there is no point standing there all night hitting the switch(more sets).

Training is the easy part, we are in the gym to stimulate muscle growth. It the other 23 hours we spend outside the gym makes the difference.We need to give the muscle time to grow.
OK everyone please read this carefully!!!!

everyone always wants the big secret to bodybuilding and this is it! plain and simple....... RESPECT... Big Bapper :cool:

Im a little confused when you say " 1x failure with 2 rest pause and static hold".

your work set is the 4th 5th set? Im lil confused. Thanks.

Yes I increase the weight with each set till I reach my work set. I will take the work set to failure then rack the bar and take 15-20 deep breaths then take the bar and do as many more reps as I can, then repeat this once more. We will use incline smith press or example I will work up trough the weights till I reach my work set and lets say I get 10 clean reps. I rack the weight and take 15 deep breaths, then take the weigh and do as many more reps as possible usually about 4 or 5 for me. Rack the weight another 15 breaths and then do as many more reps as I can at this stage the muscle is pretty fried and sometimes I can only get one or two reps.

It a very fast way to stimulate muscle growth. In the words of the late Mike mentzer once you turn the light switch on(stimulate growth) there is no point standing there all night hitting the switch(more sets).

hey, thanks to everone who replyed to my first post...

Im a little confused when you say " 1x failure with 2 rest pause and static hold".

your work set is the 4th 5th set? Im lil confused. Thanks.

You consider the rest pause set ONE work set. So say he warms up to the rp set, then he may do 6 reps, rack the weight for one rp, does 3 reps, racks the weight again for the second rp, then does one more rep and the static hold..that is ONE working set a "6-3-1 rp set."

hey, thanks to everone who replyed to my first post...

think about it this way. when you first start lifting many have to do more volume in order to actually stimulate the muscle due to the lack of "mind muscle connection." my thought is that the more you learn to activate and utilize the muscle being trained the faster you are able to fully train the muscle.

for example, when you first begin lifting you may need 15 total sets (the 4-5 exercises you mentioned above) to really exhaust that muscle. well now 2-3 years down the line your mind muscle connection is much stronger and you are able to concentrate more fully on activating the muscle being trained and thus exhaust the muscle after far less working sets, say 6-8. i believe this is what big bapper is able to utilize and why he trains more than one muscle group at a time. because he can stimulate that muscle to the same extent with less working sets.

now expanding this one step further. so now you can get the same level of muscle utilization or stimulation with less sets. so then what do you do? you work the muscle more often since you can recover more quickly off of less working sets (hypothetically). so instead of hitting the muscle once every days you combine more muscle groups in your workout and train them more frequently. you are able to recover more quickly, train the muscle more often, and allow the muscle to grow more often. think about it... ;)

OK guys its as simple as this, I'm sure you all know about DC training? Well, he does his work sets the DC way and then does a widowmaker on another exercise. :D

BigBapper - I really like your approach to training. It's similar to my own in some sense (which I have adapted from reading posts likes yours, Phil's, Big A's, etc) but I think your workout is more refined then mine - basically it looks like you are trying to do what you need to do to stimulate growth and then leave it at that. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

OK guys its as simple as this, I'm sure you all know about DC training? Well, he does his work sets the DC way and then does a widowmaker on another exercise. :D

apparently not EVERYONE on this thread is savy to DC style training :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity