over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Black seed oil ?

specter

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Anybody using black seed oil ? it sounds awesome for overall health, but as we already know the supp industry loves to lie about the claims..

Seems to have many of the same possible benifits that many other supps have. I would guess that how well it works would depend on how good a person diet is and how many other supps they are taking. Those with a really good diet would probably have less results.

Anybody using black seed oil ? it sounds awesome for overall health, but as we already know the supp industry loves to lie about the claims..
BSO has an ancient history for medicinal use, my advice would be to go to a local ethnic store (South Asian/Middle Eastern) and grab it from there. But it’s been used for hundreds of years so 🤷, I trust that over most new age stuff tbh

I bought some but only used once, it has a very strong taste and smell and with me going through some stomach issues I just can't seem to stomach it

I bought some but only used once, it has a very strong taste and smell and with me going through some stomach issues I just can't seem to stomach it
I personally would only use it orally in powder form or diluted with a carrier oil like MCT.

It’s a very potent anti-bacterial with potent immune boosting/regulating properties (the only case I would use it personally), but can be rough on the gut if too much is taken in too quickly.

I use it on and off sometimes. Right now I view it as hype given some of the claims, without the proper evidence. Sure it could end up being amazing but we need more data to know.

I’ll put it this way: you know how growth hormone works? People typically don’t start noticing any changes for at least three months and many say they finally started really noticing changes, mostly in leanness, at around six months. So it takes daily dosing, one, two three times a day, for months and months to see results from growth hormone. And that’s growth hormone! The elixer of the gods.

So what should someone expect from black seed oil, or any of a hundred other miracle natural supplements? Nothing noticeable at all for months. Maybe for years. Any measurable benefits from black seed oil probably wont be measurable in under at least one year.

Supplements are just food. Food impacts slowly. Like eating one cupcake. One cupcake isn’t going to make any difference to the average person. One cupcake every day, for a month? For a year? Ten years? There will be a measurable effect. Black seed oil? If you believe it’s beneficial, commit to it for a year. Get all your blood tests every 3-4 months and see if the BSO is having any measurable impact on anything it’s purported to impact.

That’s my 2 cents after 40 plus years doing and testing out everything that was ever promoted as healthy, muscle building, etc..

I’ll put it this way: you know how growth hormone works? People typically don’t start noticing any changes for at least three months and many say they finally started really noticing changes, mostly in leanness, at around six months. So it takes daily dosing, one, two three times a day, for months and months to see results from growth hormone. And that’s growth hormone! The elixer of the gods.

So what should someone expect from black seed oil, or any of a hundred other miracle natural supplements? Nothing noticeable at all for months. Maybe for years. Any measurable benefits from black seed oil probably wont be measurable in under at least one year.

Supplements are just food. Food impacts slowly. Like eating one cupcake. One cupcake isn’t going to make any difference to the average person. One cupcake every day, for a month? For a year? Ten years? There will be a measurable effect. Black seed oil? If you believe it’s beneficial, commit to it for a year. Get all your blood tests every 3-4 months and see if the BSO is having any measurable impact on anything it’s purported to impact.

That’s my 2 cents after 40 plus years doing and testing out everything that was ever promoted as healthy, muscle building, etc..
Cool, i have run health supps for years now, mostly thru listening to ppl like John Meadows, Dante, Scott Stevenson etc
Had a complete heart and vain check last year and all is cool, no LVH, no calcium deposits in vains around heart or any where really, just a small total size increase and thicker heart muscle and doctor said it was what they call "athletes heart", this is after using and abusing roids for almost 15 years on/off. So im all for the "cant feel it but it works" :)

I go back and forth with black seed oil. I use Nootropics Depot's 10% nigella sativa extract. For me, it's all about inflammation in my lower back. It's one of those things I periodically try to go without, and start noticing my back getting stiff more easily.

Between this and curcumin... They have somewhat of a reputation for 5ar inhibition and libido killing. And yes, my libido sucks, but I can't bring myself to drop these two supplements because they seem to keep the pain somewhat manageable.

I would be curious if @Black Beard or @Type-IIx would have any knowledge on the matter of these and their DHT effects. Would be cool to hear some science vs bro science.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131