advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blood Pressure: what is considered high to begin meds?

I started when my BP bumped up to 190/90. I was worried I would have stroke and took my doctor up on BP med. Hindsight I wish I would have just waited it out as I lowered it on my own and now feel when I stop my BP med I get a rapid heart rate making me want to continue taking it. So I would give a strong effort to up your cardio and clean up your lifestyle. However, I get no side effects from my BP really besides the rapid heart rate when trying to stop it.

I measure it once a day. First thing i do when i wake up.
Thats what my doctor recommended me to do and average it for the week.
Its high due to gear when not on gear its 120 range.
Take it three times a day. Blood Pressure is higher in morning usually. Take in morning, noon and night. Then each time wait 5 minutes and take twice. That is 6 readings a day. Then take your average BP number after 1 week. Go with that number. Your blood pressure can fluctuate that much.

I will. Been thinking about it and going to do more research.

Do you have to taper off or can stop once off of gear?

I was on antenolol forgot how its spelled. It was a beta blocker and couldnt stop it cold turkey had to taper off. Was wrong BP med for me.
Telmisartan is a RBC which is better for athletes.
If you want to stay on AAS you can take both together. Telisartan doesn’t give me any notable side’s except keep my BP in check while on high doses of AAS. We have sponsors here who carry it. If you’d prefer that route instead of shelling out money to our out of control prescription companies.

Cage

I started when my BP bumped up to 190/90. I was worried I would have stroke and took my doctor up on BP med. Hindsight I wish I would have just waited it out as I lowered it on my own and now feel when I stop my BP med I get a rapid heart rate making me want to continue taking it. So I would give a strong effort to up your cardio and clean up your lifestyle. However, I get no side effects from my BP really besides the rapid heart rate when trying to stop it.
How long were you at the high 190/90? Man, you had to be feeling some effects of that high BP when it wasn’t controlled.

Cage

Take it three times a day. Blood Pressure is higher in morning usually. Take in morning, noon and night. Then each time wait 5 minutes and take twice. That is 6 readings a day. Then take your average BP number after 1 week. Go with that number. Your blood pressure can fluctuate that much.
Good stuff here. ⬆️

And to the OP, take it in the same bodily position each time. Be consistent.

It will be different standing, seated and lying. (A good cardiologist will check all three.)

I definitely will do your protocol. Thanks!!!

I thought first thing in the morning was the best due to the fact we are rested with rested heart beat?

If it’s typically over 140/90 I use meds. I use nebivolol(bystolic). Real good 3rd generation beta blocker.

What is yours? I go off what the medical community considers in range. It’s varies like others have mentioned. If you’re steadily up and over 135-140/90+ and higher on a daily basis then I’d start taking Telmisartan at 40mg for a week then check your BP. If it’s still elevated then bump it up to 80mg.

Personally for me I like to stay 120-130/70-80. I’m 95% of the time 125/78. That’s good enough for this old fella.

I know plenty of people walking around me here with BP’s 150/100. No medication to control it either. All red faced and everything. Even complain that they never feel that great. There’s no shortage of unhealthy folks down here in NOLA.

Cage

This!^^^

If I hit 135/80 I'll take 40mg if it goes up again I'll take 80mg telemarsan. If I drop to 115/50 or lower I'll drop 40mg. I fell best at 120/60. Don't get light headed Standing up

If it’s consistently over ~135/85 on the upper end is when one should strongly consider meds or lifestyle changes to combat it. I usually keep mine around 120/70 and feel great there. When I get too low (under ~110/60) I tend to get dizzy light headed more frequently. When I’m over 140 I just feel like shit and it brings back the feelings/memories of the years of shit unchecked high BP I had before I knew better. I feel so much healthier these days. So many ways to improve our health these days it is really prudent to do so. Physique looks better when internals are on point

I definitely will do your protocol. Thanks!!!

I thought first thing in the morning was the best due to the fact we are rested with rested heart beat?
I take mine sitting with upper arm at heart level, palm up and relaxed hand. Make sure you are completely relaxed for at least 5 to 10 minutes.

One more thing, make sure cuff is big enough to fit your arm properly.

I take mine sitting with upper arm at heart level, palm up and relaxed hand. Make sure you are completely relaxed for at least 5 to 10 minutes.

One more thing, make sure cuff is big enough to fit your arm properly.

New Dr and dentists always try to use a smaller cuff and tell me I'm high when I'm not. The right size cuff is important.

Depending on how long or how high the numbers have been elevated would matter. But the medical guidelines i see are anything over 120/80 is high. But when i look at all cause mortality. Anything over 115/75 over time causes shorter life spans. And numbers lower then that seem to be even better as long as the person can function at the level they want. Just depends on what level of health a person wants and what they may be willing to give up to get there.

Anything over 140 on systolic is considered treatable. Usually, docs want that number as your ceiling.

and whats your issue with the meds?
is there still this old belief that they massivly hinder muscle growth etc?
uneducated guys like fouad talks stuff like that in the podcast and it really blows my mind.

BP meds and their secondary features (example nebivolol which prevents LVH to a degree, telmisartan with its countless benefits etc etc) are one of the things every bodybuilder on gear should not shy away from..

How long were you at the high 190/90? Man, you had to be feeling some effects of that high BP when it wasn’t controlled.

Cage
This was 10 years ago. I ran test low dose for the first time in about 10 year yet had cycled plenty end of college and right after. At the time of the low dose test I had a very stressful time at work and didn't realize how stressful it was until I was out of the situation.

What made me aware of the high blood pressure was an occasional feeling of dizziness like being on a ship, a pain in/behind my eye which I still attribute a floater to and increased anxiety. I had my blood pressure taken at work the day after eating a heavy salted meal the day before and was blown away by my BP numbers. I could not believe how high it was. I kind of got scared and thought I could stroke out. I went to my PCP who was pretty cool and he prescribed Metoprolol 25mg. Using this and doing cardio lowered my BP to a good level and it now fluctuates pending diet, exercise and alcohol use.

and whats your issue with the meds?
is there still this old belief that they massivly hinder muscle growth etc?
uneducated guys like fouad talks stuff like that in the podcast and it really blows my mind.

BP meds and their secondary features (example nebivolol which prevents LVH to a degree, telmisartan with its countless benefits etc etc) are one of the things every bodybuilder on gear should not shy away from..
I have found the best way for me to stay lean and low BP is intermittent fasting. I had done this prior to it becoming the new thing and it worked great for me. I would stay around 205lbs effortlessly and looked great and felt healthy. I strayed from this and did a low dose test cycle for 1st time in many years trying to gain some muscle and my BP went up and I started metoprolol at 25mg. I lowered the dose to 12.5mg and then lower. But when ever I try to stop the med I get tachycardic attacks, rapid heart rate. I am now realizing that the times I would try to stop the med would be when I had a few days off from work and on these attempts I would drink alcohol the night before and coffee the next day. Kind of sounds stupid but it took me years to understand that alcohol the night before effects the heart the following day.

I have found the best way for me to stay lean and low BP is intermittent fasting. I had done this prior to it becoming the new thing and it worked great for me. I would stay around 205lbs effortlessly and looked great and felt healthy. I strayed from this and did a low dose test cycle for 1st time in many years trying to gain some muscle and my BP went up and I started metoprolol at 25mg. I lowered the dose to 12.5mg and then lower. But when ever I try to stop the med I get tachycardic attacks, rapid heart rate. I am now realizing that the times I would try to stop the med would be when I had a few days off from work and on these attempts I would drink alcohol the night before and coffee the next day. Kind of sounds stupid but it took me years to understand that alcohol the night before effects the heart the following day.
Once a season, 4 days, water only. Easy peasy.

Never did a thing for my BP or body comp.

Just the other side of the coin.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity