over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Body part once every 10 days

tornquad201

Registered
Has anyone trained a body part once every ten days . Am curious as Dave Palumbo did once every 8 days as he felt the more he rested the stronger he got .Ive noticed that as well .

Give it a try and find out. If size is your main objective you may find yourself getting stronger without really getting bigger. I trained each body part ever 7 days for years and that worked well for a while. But with the volume and intensity I was using I was probably spending most of the time recovering and very little time growing.

So many different training methods can work. Fact is if you are training to the max you need that recovery time. Many prefer to train a body part once weekly and that can be ideal for some people. There are many variables that can effect recovery such as genetics, training split, body part volume, training intensity, your job, working hours, diet, sleep etc. Generally speaking I will say every 10 days is not a lot at all and most could easily increase frequency and still recover optimally. Although we would need to know why you feel you should only train each body part once every 10 days. For all we know you could be working 80 hours per week and barely sleeping etc.

There are no wrong answer in many ways but if you are eating and sleeping properly I don't see why you can't fit each body part twice every 10 days. The more you can hit a body part effectively and recover every year the greater the probability of progression/change. I do P/P/L and fit each body part in every 4 days so pretty much twice every 8 days and I recover just fine. Now that is me so obviously we are different but just highlighting that many train a similar volume and frequency to me and they recover fine as well. Now someone doing a "bro split" they would have need much more time to train their whole body twice due to the higher number of training days needed to cover the whole body. PPL is 3 and a typical bro split is about 5 days. So if you have 2 days off with the 5 training days that is still 1 week to train everything once so 2 weeks to train everywhere twice. Regardless of your training split the key is doing everything possible to ensure optimal recovery from getting adequate sleep, solid diet, relaxing after training, intra nutrition and utilizing drugs/supps that inprove recovery.

So this past week my wife had back surgery . I was off about ten days and when I came back I was considerably stronger by about 4-5 reps so it got me thinking maybe extra recovery would be good

So this past week my wife had back surgery . I was off about ten days and when I came back I was considerably stronger by about 4-5 reps so it got me thinking maybe extra recovery would be good

Obviously that's a great sign but there could be other reasons contributing to things as well. Maybe you may have been just as strong 7 days afterwards. Your recent past is also a factor and sometimes we do need a longer break and we only benefit from it. Now if you are in a solid routine and doing everything right you maybe back to full strength 5 days after training... that's just an example. If your body is telling you it needs more time off then just follow it as everyone is different. There is no magic formula when it comes to training volume and frequency for everyone and you may benefit from more rest days. Me personally if I was to have 2 weeks off most of the year I would 100% get weaker. Now if I have been abusing my body and pushing the intensity and weight week after week then 2 weeks off is probably the best thing for my body and future strength.

When is the last time you took a week off?

I've even done once every 2 weeks a while back and it didn't work any worse than once every week for me. (also not better, just the same basically)

The only thing that works worse (for me!) is the higher frequencies. Surprisingly, I get stronger a lot quicker when training everything 2 or 3 times a week but I lose size at the same time. (and this is with the exact same diet and gear protocol as my lower frequency experiments)

I know a lot of people swear by higher frequency training so it just goes to show how individual all of this is and you can't just make blanket statements like 'higher frequency is superior'.

You will need to try it and evaluate for yourself.

I've even done once every 2 weeks a while back and it didn't work any worse than once every week for me. (also not better, just the same basically)

The only thing that works worse (for me!) is the higher frequencies. Surprisingly, I get stronger a lot quicker when training everything 2 or 3 times a week but I lose size at the same time. (and this is with the exact same diet and gear protocol as my lower frequency experiments)

I know a lot of people swear by higher frequency training so it just goes to show how individual all of this is and you can't just make blanket statements like 'higher frequency is superior'.

You will need to try it and evaluate for yourself.

Very true but why didn't you eat more to go with the more frequent training? If you gained strength that is a good sign but you lost size so surely feeding that frequency would have increased your size over time. No matter the training and drug plan if you are not gaining any size you should feed the body more. Sometimes increasing frequency revs up the metabolic rate (etc) so you need to adjust your nutrition to go with that.

I am not for 1 second stating high frequency is superior for everyone as like you state there can be no blanket statements and everyone is different. Some do much better training just once per week. I would be curious how you would get on training such a way but changing your diet as well as that training. Feeding those training sessions each day to allow for optimal recovery and growth. Moreover there are so many other variables such as actual volume per session and how your training is split up to accommodate the higher frequency. Now at least you tried it and if it didn't feel as good for you that is another significant factor when deciding if you should continue on a plan but still I would expect some changes in nutritional needs when you go from training those large muscle groups with big movements from once to twice weekly.

Very true but why didn't you eat more to go with the more frequent training? If you gained strength that is a good sign but you lost size so surely feeding that frequency would have increased your size over time. No matter the training and drug plan if you are not gaining any size you should feed the body more. Sometimes increasing frequency revs up the metabolic rate (etc) so you need to adjust your nutrition to go with that.

I am not for 1 second stating high frequency is superior for everyone as like you state there can be no blanket statements and everyone is different. Some do much better training just once per week. I would be curious how you would get on training such a way but changing your diet as well as that training. Feeding those training sessions each day to allow for optimal recovery and growth. Moreover there are so many other variables such as actual volume per session and how your training is split up to accommodate the higher frequency. Now at least you tried it and if it didn't feel as good for you that is another significant factor when deciding if you should continue on a plan but still I would expect some changes in nutritional needs when you go from training those large muscle groups with big movements from once to twice weekly.

At 2m2, I'm basically almost always bulking lol. I almost always (bar the occasional mini-diet) eat enough calories/protein to gain weight without getting too fat so it isn't that. If I ate even more, I'd just get fat. I'm just a poor recoverer I've learned. There's no way around this. Even upping my gear even more won't save me from that.

It's also not only the muscle growth that doesn't follow when doing higher frequencies, it's also my joints that can't take it anymore sooner or later. Especially my shoulders start acting up as soon as I push/press twice a week or more often.

All of this was also with weekly total volume matched between experiments with frequencies so I tried to keep everything as constant as possible.

I'll be the last one to say anyone needs to train a BP only once a week or less for optimal results but I'll also be the last one to say to at least not give it a go if higher frequencies aren't cutting it because almost everything in this sport is so individual and going by others' experiences is not always the most fruitful way to go about things.

Totally depends on your total volume.
Are you doing 30 sets for chest? Do you get sore? Are you progressing every workout?

I do a 5 day split, 1x every 7 days. Keeping it simple works best for me, not overthinking a training routine

For me it depends on the body part. My weaker body parts like calves can have slow recovery depending what supplements I'm utilizing at any given time. But I don't want that to become my excuse for under-developing my calves... For the most part 10 days between training a muscle group is 2-3x longer than I usually go.

I'm at once a week now, which works well. This is more a necessity now that I'm 50, but it does make me question if I needed more frequency when I was younger - possibly not.

I am starting a once every 10 days split next week. It works with my work schedule as we work 12-16's on a 3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off rotation. I can just train on my off days. It will also allow me to do more intensity techniques on top sets and still recover.

I think it's a good idea for a lot of guys who aren't necessarily maxed out on strength yet. If it doesn't help I can always go back to the status quo but this was recommended by someone a lot smarter, bigger, and stronger than me.

I'm at once a week now, which works well. This is more a necessity now that I'm 50, but it does make me question if I needed more frequency when I was younger - possibly not.
I am almost 50 too. Once a week is what I do, I've tried hitting same groups after 3 or 4 days, and just don't have a good workout at all when I do. I assume it is due to not being completely recovered.

A few years ago I trained one day per week, on Tuesday afternoons, and I alternated between push and pull, so a muscle got hit every other week (14 days) (knee injury prevented me from doing legs). I was able to gain some strength doing it that way. Not too much if any size, but I was natural so that's pretty much to be expected.

I do a 5 day split, 1x every 7 days. Keeping it simple works best for me, not overthinking a training routine
This is the way that will be most productive in my opinion. If your intensity is there, you go to failure, and vary your rep range, your body needs at least 6-7 days to recover and then grow. Most of the Bodybuilders I know work out this way. Oh yea, and before somebody says it, your nutrition needs to be spot on as well.

Has anyone trained a body part once every ten days . Am curious as Dave Palumbo did once every 8 days as he felt the more he rested the stronger he got .Ive noticed that as well .

Just have to try it and see if it works for you. Things like this can be very individual.

A few years ago I trained one day per week, on Tuesday afternoons, and I alternated between push and pull, so a muscle got hit every other week (14 days) (knee injury prevented me from doing legs). I was able to gain some strength doing it that way. Not too much if any size, but I was natural so that's pretty much to be expected.

I train each muscle group once a week... but still hit the gym 3 days a week. I have a dedicated leg day. Then split upper into two days. I don't think I could ever be happy (or maintain my sanity) only hitting the gym once a week.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131