advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding and the Rest of the World (Adrenaline Rush)

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
There many paths in life that we can choose to follow. It's easy (I've done it as well) to associate with people that like to party and drink. You become as one with those you associate with. To break away from a crowd (association) you are tugged at by those to return.

The "crab" example:
Catch "one" crab and throw him in a bucket. He will try and climb out. You must put a lid on the bucket so he doesn't escape. Catch another crab (or as many as you want :) ) and throw it into the same bucket with the other crab. When one crab tries to climb out, the other will pull it back in.

We humans can have those same tendendancies. There are MANY groups of people that DO NOT drink and party and probably get MORE outta life. Of course, this does not mean they are all bodybuilders or really understand our lifestyle. What I've found is that "most" of these groups will accept you and actually think a bit highly of you 'cause of your dedicaction/commitment to what you do "to stay in shape."

You may run into a group/crowd that suits you through the gym, work or church. The point is - you're not alone and ther is a better world out there. :D

xcelbeyond said:
There many paths in life that we can choose to follow. It's easy (I've done it as well) to associate with people that like to party and drink. You become as one with those you associate with. To break away from a crowd (association) you are tugged at by those to return.

The "crab" example:
Catch "one" crab and throw him in a bucket. He will try and climb out. You must put a lid on the bucket so he doesn't escape. Catch another crab (or as many as you want :) ) and throw it into the same bucket with the other crab. When one crab tries to climb out, the other will pull it back in.

We humans can have those same tendendancies. There are MANY groups of people that DO NOT drink and party and probably get MORE outta life. Of course, this does not mean they are all bodybuilders or really understand our lifestyle. What I've found is that "most" of these groups will accept you and actually think a bit highly of you 'cause of your dedicaction/commitment to what you do "to stay in shape."

You may run into a group/crowd that suits you through the gym, work or church. The point is - you're not alone and ther is a better world out there. :D

yeah, I myself, find myself in this position alot.Good way to look at things.:)

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU XCEL!

THAT HAS BEEN MY EXPIRIENCE AS WELL. I'D RATHER CHOOSE MY OWN WAY THAN HAVE OTHERS PULL ME SOME DIRECTION I DON'T REALLY WANT TO GO.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

VERY TRUE

Dually noted xcel. Be true to yourself and be your own person, most people just tend to be followers and that is why they fall in with the wrong crowd.
Bodybuilders / powerlifters are in a zone. All about focus in life.

wedge:fo:d-smil

"The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone"- Ibsen

"Nothing is more revolting than the majority; for it consists of few vigorous predecessors, of knaves who accomodate themselves, of weak minded people who assimilate themselves, and the mass that toddles after them without knowing in the least what it wants".-Goethe

"Early in life I became familiar with the lot of standing alone among the opposition and being placed under a ban by the "compact majority". This laid the foundation for a certain independence of judgement".-Freud

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131