over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding is a sport of ILLUSION

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well, delusion too :D

We all know it, but it bears repeating - nobody knows what you weigh unless you tell them.

Alex Azarian - prime example of this. The dude is PEELED and is VERY well muscled... I doubt anyone would guess he competes in the 150s to 160s.

Recently we've had some "offseason" threads here and most agree that it's unneccessary (and even counterproductive) to "bulk" blindly, or just for the sake of scale weight.

I think it's also important to note that bodybuilding is about getting BETTER, which is very often quite different from getting BIGGER.

Here's another good example - a current IFBB pro. See if anyone can guess his height and weight in this picture:

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 893
Looks like George Farah when he won the middles but I could be wrong....

172lbs

Here's another. Best Swedish bb right now IMO.

Attachments

• _W5Q1617_VOVXDHCKJL.jpg
    _W5Q1617_VOVXDHCKJL.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,029
Well, delusion too :D

We all know it, but it bears repeating - nobody knows what you weigh unless you tell them.

Alex Azarian - prime example of this. The dude is PEELED and is VERY well muscled... I doubt anyone would guess he competes in the 150s to 160s.

Recently we've had some "offseason" threads here and most agree that it's unneccessary (and even counterproductive) to "bulk" blindly, or just for the sake of scale weight.

I think it's also important to note that bodybuilding is about getting BETTER, which is very often quite different from getting BIGGER.

Here's another good example - a current IFBB pro. See if anyone can guess his height and weight in this picture:

George knows a thing or two about getting in shape. Many people don't realize the athletes that he helps get into shape. Almost all of them are dry, harder than nails, and full. I know he helped Art Atwood for a while and although not the most pleasing physique to look at, he was in very good shape most of the time.

To sum up what you are talking about above I am posting one of the best examples I can think of. The picture below is of a current IFBB pro as well and if you have ever seen him in person, the size he carries and the shape he is in year round is down right eye popping. You don't have to get to 275 to look 275:eek:. Don't let numbers fool you. Letting yourself become a fat bastard isn't bodybuilding and I have a great deal of respect for those that are disciplined enough to maintain a good condition year round while carrying the size to boot.

This should be easy.....guess away at this guy too.

By the way....Ive got many others I could post but I don't want the thread to get watered down. I've got some good ones in mind too.

Attachments

• Fak.jpg
    Fak.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,014
Last edited:
Yeah, he's awesome. I think he's under 190? 187ish?

Yes 188lbs in that pic. He's about 5'7'' too. Managed to beat Farah in Pittsburgh.

Really looks like he weighs much more.

George knows a thing or two about getting in shape. Many people don't realize the athletes that he helps get into shape. Almost all of them are dry, harder than nails, and full. I know he helped Art Atwood for a while and although not the most pleasing physique to look at, he was in very good shape most of the time.

To sum up what you are talking about above I am posting one of the best examples I can think of. The picture below is of a current IFBB pro as well and if you have ever seen him in person, the size he carries and the shape he is in year round is down right eye popping. You don't have to get to 275 to look 275:eek:. Don't let numbers fool you. Letting yourself become a fat bastard isn't bodybuilding and I have a great deal of respect for those that are disciplined enough to maintain a good condition year round while carrying the size to boot.

This should be easy.....guess away at this guy too.

By the way....Ive got many others I could post but I don't want the thread to get watered down. I've got some good ones in mind too.

Mubarak. I was hoping he'd have that USA conditioning at the NY pro... but something happened.

Yes 188lbs in that pic. He's about 5'7'' too. Managed to beat Farah in Pittsburgh.

Really looks like he weighs much more.

Yah, good example of not needing to be real short (under 5'6) to look very impressive at a not-so-big weight.

Here is another one. The dude has the ability to get peeeeeeled.

Attachments

• james.jpg
    james.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,085
Last one and I'll quit........

He never did much after turning pro but for a while when he was the guy to beat in the NPC in his weight class, his physique was top notch for a smaller dude. I've seen him in Vegas several times training and he ain't so small anymore (not that he was ever small to begin with).

Attachments

• 11031-canyon-j-21.jpg
    11031-canyon-j-21.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2,486
jimmy canyon, middleweight so 176... His body didn't look right or he never seemed to get dialed in when he competed as a pro. This was a better look for him imo

Agreed

jimmy canyon, middleweight so 176... His body didn't look right or he never seemed to get dialed in when he competed as a pro. This was a better look for him imo

His conditioning definitely went downhill after he turned pro.

It's as if once you turn pro you have to satisfy this "instant 20 pound gain" even if it's fat and water :)

How about a taller BB...Some one like Mario Sarni (mid 90's BB) the guy was around 6-2 and competed right around 225lbs and even won a pro show at that weight...Or even Kevin Levorne as a rookie he was only 228lbs at 5-9 or so...Flex Wheeler as a rookie 5-10 and a small (LOL) 218lbs...

Those guys were light in weights (for heavyweights) but looked huge on stage...

chris

How about a taller BB...Some one like Mario Sarni (mid 90's BB) the guy was around 6-2 and competed right around 225lbs and even won a pro show at that weight...Or even Kevin Levorne as a rookie he was only 228lbs at 5-9 or so...Flex Wheeler as a rookie 5-10 and a small (LOL) 218lbs...

Those guys were light in weights (for heavyweights) but looked huge on stage...
chris

Full muscles Bellies + Small joints = Look Huge under Ligthning When shredded.

BUT

Look Average or Even Small in Normal Clothes.

Too Many people Think they are Big When in Fact They Are Fat and Bloated from All the Crap They eat.

They think they are big because the way they look in Clothes, Yes They look big But look like shit too much Bloat + Fat.

It Really depend on what you think is big or is not.

If for you looking big in Clothes is good = High BF , you probaly have a Big waist , you probally dont have Small joints too... You wouldnt Look impressive on a Bodybuilding Stage.

BUT

If your the Kind of Guy that have Small Joints, Full muscle Bellies, Ectomorphic-Meso Body type, Stay Lean Easily,you probally have A very small waist even when bulking You will look DAMN impressive on a bodybuilding stage (levrone, Flex, Zane, Shawn Ray) But You will Look Average or Even Small in Clothes, but trust me once people see you in tank top or something They will Be Like WTF your huge... (Im like this, its funny because people dont say anything and they say i should eat, But when they see me in Tank top or Something without a Shirt, its like their Eyes Pop outta their Head. lol.. )

probably the best example of this is Serge Nubret 6 foot and competed between 200-210. was outweighed by arnold by close to 40 pound and does not look any smaller standing side by side. weight can mean nothing,as Segre was not little by any stretch . one big reason though these guys are huge at these weights is because they have no waists. serge's waist was 27.5 inchs. if your 275 with a 38 inch waist a lot of that is on you waist no matter what you bf is.

another great example is flex wheeler when he first started , in the early to mid 90s he competed at 212 pounds, at 5 foot 11, try and find a better physique. put some early flex pics up, he illustrates this point perfectly, again he had no waist to speak of. bigmatt made some great points these guys have tiny joints as well, they can basically hide their physiques with clothes on but like he said if the shirt comes of peoples jaws drop, it all muscles it not weight because of big joints and a big waist.
these are my favorite type of bodybuilder, mohammed makkaway was another one with a fantastic physique

Last edited:
You make a very good point. If someone says they are 5'9" tall and weigh 170, you might think that he's small. But there are many factors involved. If he poses right he can look much bigger. I think a guy 5'9" at 170 and 4% bodyfat can look pretty big. Not huge, but decent.

You make a very good point. If someone says they are 5'9" tall and weigh 170, you might think that he's small. But there are many factors involved. If he poses right he can look much bigger. I think a guy 5'9" at 170 and 4% bodyfat can look pretty big. Not huge, but decent.

I agree 100%. I've got a buddy who's 5'8" 200 at about 9%bf and he's got 19"+ guns! Pretty big, especially on him!

So are you guys saying that it really comes down to genetics? I mean I get down to 208 at 5ft 9inch about 9% and I dont look near as big as someone who is 180.. WTF? So theres nothing a person can do to get that huge look at a lighter weight? Would Synthol work??? damn

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131