over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Building Big legs with Bad knees

I would avoid knee wraps:

Wearing knee wraps affects mechanical output and performance characteristics of back squat exercise​

Abstract​

The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of wearing knee wraps on mechanical output and performance characteristics of back squat exercise. Ten resistance trained men (back squat 1 repetition maximum [1RM]: 160.5 ± 18.4 kg) performed 6 single back squats with 80% 1RM, 3 wearing knee wraps, 3 without. Mechanical output was obtained from ground reaction force, performance characteristics from digitized motion footage obtained from a single high-speed digital camera. Wearing knee wraps led to a 39% reduction (0.09 compared with 0.11 m, p = 0.037) in horizontal barbell displacement that continued during the lifting phase. Lowering phase vertical impulse remained within 1% across conditions; however, the lowering phase was performed 45% faster (1.13 compared with 1.57 seconds). This demonstrated that vertical force applied to the center of mass during the lowering phase was considerably larger and was likely a consequence of the generation and storage of elastic energy within the knee wrap. Subsequent vertical impulse applied to the center of mass was 10% greater (192 compared with 169 N·s, p = 0.018). Mechanical work involved in vertically displacing the center of mass was performed 20% faster and was reflected by a 10% increase in peak power (2,121 compared with 1,841 W, p = 0.019). The elastic properties of knee wraps increased mechanical output but altered back squat technique in a way that is likely to alter the musculature targeted by the exercise and possibly compromise the integrity of the knee joint. Knee wraps should not be worn during the strength and condition process, and perceived weakness in the knee joint should be assessed and treated.
Always had a feeling that stuff could backfire.

I have genetically tiny ass knees that have always been structurally weaker/more feeble than most of my training partners. Heavy weights have always caused knee pain my entire life.

However, I have found more progress over the last 5 years with focusing everything on driving the knees outward when descending into a squat/hack/leg press. Feet close together and drive knees out the way Mike Van Wyck teaches it. Takes all pressure off knees and onto inner quads. I had to cut my weight in almost half, but it has brought a ton of new growth. Also, paused leg extensions have helped a lot with knee pain.

Nobodies inner bitch likes high reps with legs, but I truly believe high and heavy works best for leg development.

Will echo working the shit out of your adductors as well. Overload them with higher reps and as much weight as possible every week.

What are some good adductor exercises? My gym doesn’t have a machine to isolate them…

Anyone know the correct gym pin to get to put on adductor machine? I’m almost at the weight stack and want to be able to add more weight considering everyone mentioning adductors.

Anyone know the correct gym pin to get to put on adductor machine? I’m almost at the weight stack and want to be able to add more weight considering everyone mentioning adductors.
It depends on the machine. No one can tell you that without more information.

Most machines I have are 10mm, but I've had one or two 8mm.

Daily collagen (a multi blend) and the belt squat keep my knees feeling great. I only train them about every 2 weeks. I have two legs days. I've been able to maintain and grow this way.

Link? Dante doesn’t have a YouTube channel
Search Dante on YouTube. I’m not sure if it is his channel or not but I’ve watched it on YouTube!

Or instagram. They all blend into 1 sometimes

Search Dante on YouTube. I’m not sure if it is his channel or not but I’ve watched it on YouTube!

Or instagram. They all blend into 1 sometimes
Extreme quad stretch?

My gym has the Life Fitness adductor machine

If your gym has a rotary hip machine you can do 1 legged adductions and abductions facing the stack. This gives you plenty of resistance.

Had a pretty good leg day today. Warmed up on the bike, did seated hamstring curls to get blood in there, then high rep extensions, then hack squats.

Unfortunately felt some pain with knee sleeves on my top set but worked through it for 15.
My weight on my top set was embarrassing to most guys on here.

Top set of leg press with an embarrassing weight for 27? Goal was 30 as Dante recommends.

Hit the adductors hard for a rest pause set of 31 like Dante recommends.

Any difference between knee sleeves and knee wraps?

Also, anyone use any type of cream or rub pre workout on the knees that helps?

Had a pretty good leg day today. Warmed up on the bike, did seated hamstring curls to get blood in there, then high rep extensions, then hack squats.

Unfortunately felt some pain with knee sleeves on my top set but worked through it for 15.

Top set of leg press with an embarrassing weight for 27? Goal was 30 as Dante recommends.

First paragraph……that’s how I start every leg workout. Stretch quads between leg curls and hack Squats when they’re sufficiently warm.
Big difference between knee sleeves and knee wraps. Sleeves provide some warmth and protection.
I personally believe that wraps will hurt your knees over time.

Sleeves and wraps are totally different.

Sleeves are for small amount of support. Wraps come from powerlifting and are to help you lift more weight. Sleeves are slid on over the lower leg; wraps are literally wrapped around the leg from below to above the kneecap. With wraps on you can't bend your knees until you're using substantial weight.

I personally believe that wraps will hurt your knees over time.
What evidence do you have?

I've used wraps every week for 10 years - never had any knee pain and I have one of the best sets of legs on here.

If someone had debilitating elbow tendinitis and couldn’t bench…I’d tell them to hit some hard sets of flies and fix that damn elbow. This exact same thing happened to me and I had to lay off pressing for 3-4 weeks. But for whatever reason, everyone is giving tips on cool exercises that stillll fuck your knees lol

Stop doing any knee flexion/extension exercises for a month. Blast those knees hard and heavy with BPC. Stick to hamstrings only (99% of guys have lacking hamstrings) and wait it out. Finding a new different exercise isn’t going to solve your problem. Fix your knees.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131