over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Building Big legs with Bad knees

Is there a big legs with bad back thread?? I had a lumbar fusion and I can’t lift shit anymore with being stove up for days
I don't think so. Use the search function and if nothing comes up you may start a new thread.
Don't be surprised if you find a "big arms with bad breathe" thread, tho.

I haven't read the other replies but I am sure they cover everything. Firstly, knowing why your knees are bad is vitally important because you want to fix the issue before making it worse by training very hard. Chances are it's a fixable situation but I don't know all the details. BPC-157 and TB-500 can work wonders as can stretching and strengthening movements for the knees. For a new issue and localized inflammation I have always been a fan of ibuprofen/diclofenac gel and cold therapy.

If a certain movement causes bad pain simply don't do that movement. It doesn't matter if it's squats and people say you have to squat to get big legs (you don't) you simply don't do movements that hurt. Although maybe it's a form issue so you need to research optimal form for your body and play about with foot placement (etc) to make a movement better for your body.

Once all that is sorted the sky is the limit. For me for quads you can't go wrong with hack squats, leg press and leg extensions but there are many great options. For hams you want a stiff leg movement (SLDL) and a leg curl variation (seated being optimal then lying coming next and standing being mechanically inferior to both). Adductors should be a main focus as well and you want to hit all areas of your legs. Never neglect calves and I train them 1st 90% of the time. We could write about training all day but to keep it brief you want to train intensely and to failure using different rep ranges and sensible volume.

Don't get lost in numbers. You should always train hard and try to get progressively stronger but you 100% don't have to lift very heavy weights to get big legs. You can make smaller weights feel heavy especially if your knee issues can't be fully healed so don't be hurting yourself because you think you have to push big weights to build big legs.

I will make a longer post about this tomorrow, but for now I'll just drop this here:

Your knees don't have to stay bad. Knee rehab is complicated and very seldomly just an easy change of exercise selection or taking some time off and just using better load management. The knee is a complex joint and there's so many reasons why you might have knee pain and different problems often require different solutions.

Here's what worked for me and for Chris Tuttle: Backward sled drags and backward walks on the treadmill.

This won't necessarily do it for you, however, but this seems to immediately alleviate a lot of pain for a lot of people by engaging musculature that is often underdeveloped.

I haven't read the other replies but I am sure they cover everything. Firstly, knowing why your knees are bad is vitally important because you want to fix the issue before making it worse by training very hard. Chances are it's a fixable situation but I don't know all the details. BPC-157 and TB-500 can work wonders as can stretching and strengthening movements for the knees. For a new issue and localized inflammation I have always been a fan of ibuprofen/diclofenac gel and cold therapy.

If a certain movement causes bad pain simply don't do that movement. It doesn't matter if it's squats and people say you have to squat to get big legs (you don't) you simply don't do movements that hurt. Although maybe it's a form issue so you need to research optimal form for your body and play about with foot placement (etc) to make a movement better for your body.

Once all that is sorted the sky is the limit. For me for quads you can't go wrong with hack squats, leg press and leg extensions but there are many great options. For hams you want a stiff leg movement (SLDL) and a leg curl variation (seated being optimal then lying coming next and standing being mechanically inferior to both). Adductors should be a main focus as well and you want to hit all areas of your legs. Never neglect calves and I train them 1st 90% of the time. We could write about training all day but to keep it brief you want to train intensely and to failure using different rep ranges and sensible volume.

Don't get lost in numbers. You should always train hard and try to get progressively stronger but you 100% don't have to lift very heavy weights to get big legs. You can make smaller weights feel heavy especially if your knee issues can't be fully healed so don't be hurting yourself because you think you have to push big weights to build big legs.
Never really heard of this?
Thanks for the detailed post as always @Elvia1023

Never really heard of this?
Thanks for the detailed post as always @Elvia1023
Facts. Ive taken so much from these replies. Going to pick up some knee wraps so I can continue squatting. But with only up to 225.
Im also looking into getting the leg press some of the guys been using instead of the 45 degree press.

Also, non-heel elevated shoes can relieve pressure on the patella while its healing and your trying to rehab and fix the problem. Knee pain.....take a LONG hard look at the ankle mobility, hip mobility (internal/external rotation), and glute activation. Single leg box touchdowns are great

I just bought a pair of knee wraps. I wrap them nice and tight and switched to a widow maker leg press. No pain.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws