over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Building mass

PHIL HERNON

Banned
WTF is this BS about "feeling the burn" , "squeezing the rep"and "core training" hitting the gyms lately? All these guys and gals talk about competing and they are sitting here talking about "feeling the burn"??? Friggin lift heavy weights and shut up. No offense BTW to anyone on here, just venting.

Im with ya on that

Im tha type that gets in the gym, doesnt like to stop and talk and especially dont come and want to talk to me while im working out, and gets the job done. Afterwards il be your best friend. I think we all go for the burning sensation, but theres know need to praise it.

YEAH....AND THOSE SAME PEOPLE NEVER SQUAT!

I NOTICED THAT TOO PHIL........LOTSA TALKIN' AND NOT MUCH ACTION IN THE SQUAT RACK! OUCH, I HURT MY 'CORE'.....MAYBE THATS JUST A HEMMOROID!

PHIL,

I hear ya...being a PT I hear about all that. I want my core training. I ask them all the time are you sure you know what that is?? 95% have no idea, but they saw it on TV.

I have a couple hardcore fellas...they know that lifting, eating and resting are the keys to growth. TRAINING HEAVY...no burn...how about a little bit of pain, but good muscle pain.

BURN: how about I light a candle under your balls...how about that burn??

Last edited:
PHIL HERNON said:
WTF is this BS about "feeling the burn" , "squeezing the rep"and "core training" hitting the gyms lately? All these guys and gals talk about competing and they are sitting here talking about "feeling the burn"??? Friggin lift heavy weights and shut up. No offense BTW to anyone on here, just venting.

Damn it Phil......I RESEMBLE those remards.

LOL, just kidding bro. But I know what your talking about.

Phil

You better get used to the idea of people saying that stuff around you if you are going to own a gym. I can see the headlines after you try to explain to some dumbass: Gym owner with Roid Rage chases customers out of Fitness center! Video at 11!

Phil

I must have been locked in the closet, but are you going to be starting/owning a gym in NY soon? Kinda far from AZ isn't it?

LOL...this reminds me of something that happened to me the other week. This new kid starts training at our gym. He walks around like he's 275 and he's about 6'3" 180. Apparently he is preparing for a show and he is "on." Well some guys at the gym call him traps because he walks around with his shoulders rolled forward so his traps look bigger. Well anyway, I was doing kickbacks with cables and watching my form in the mirror and this no muscle ass clown walks in front of me and flexes in the mirror. This kid can't pose for shit, but that's beside the point. I yelled at him, "hey hugeness, watch out!" He steps back and looks at me and then says, "oh I'm sorry man, you're trying to see the pump while you train, it's all bout seeing the pump!" I just shook my head out of disbelief and told him it's cool, don't worry about it. What the hell does that even mean? These people come up with the ridiculous theories and believe them.

SPEAKING OF THE BURN......JAWBREAKER!

I KNOW PEOPLE JUST LIKE THAT.....WHAT REALLY ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME ARE THE GUYS WHO THROW A FEW PUNCHES AT AN IMAGINARY OPPONENT IN BETWEEN SETS. SORTA LIKE ..."YEAH, I AM NOT AS BIG AS YOU ARE...BUT, I AM A BADASS, SO JUST REMEMBER THAT'......I FEEL LIKE DOING SOMETHING VIOLENT JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT. :rolleyes:

Re: SPEAKING OF THE BURN......JAWBREAKER!

JETHRO TULL said:
I KNOW PEOPLE JUST LIKE THAT.....WHAT REALLY ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME ARE THE GUYS WHO THROW A FEW PUNCHES AT AN IMAGINARY OPPONENT IN BETWEEN SETS. SORTA LIKE ..."YEAH, I AM NOT AS BIG AS YOU ARE...BUT, I AM A BADASS, SO JUST REMEMBER THAT'......I FEEL LIKE DOING SOMETHING VIOLENT JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT. :rolleyes:

i love those guys

there used to be this black lady that did that punching routine at golds in lynbrook, ny

she even used to swing off the equipment and jump over things pretending to attack multiple opponents..

she would simulate leg sweeps and all kinds of crazy shit...

the worst part was she did it right in front of the water fountain and would start yelling at people that tried to get past her to get some water..

that lasted about 1week, but it was funny as hell.

HAHAHA.........THAT'S GREAT...SO IT'S NOT JUST WIERDOS I RUN INTO!

I GUESS THEY ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE! THAT GAL ATTACKING MULTIPLE OPPONENTS WOULD BE A CRACK UP.

IT'S OKAY DIESEL666......JUST DON'T PUNCH ME ONE! I HAVE HAD PEOPLE ACTUALLY DO THAT NEAR ME WHILE I AM USING HEAVY DUMBELLS. SORTA DANGEROUS IN ADDITION TO BEING IRRITATING.:rolleyes:

jawbreakerkid said:
LOL...this reminds me of something that happened to me the other week. This new kid starts training at our gym. He walks around like he's 275 and he's about 6'3" 180. Apparently he is preparing for a show and he is "on." Well some guys at the gym call him traps because he walks around with his shoulders rolled forward so his traps look bigger. Well anyway, I was doing kickbacks with cables and watching my form in the mirror and this no muscle ass clown walks in front of me and flexes in the mirror. This kid can't pose for shit, but that's beside the point. I yelled at him, "hey hugeness, watch out!" He steps back and looks at me and then says, "oh I'm sorry man, you're trying to see the pump while you train, it's all bout seeing the pump!" I just shook my head out of disbelief and told him it's cool, don't worry about it. What the hell does that even mean? These people come up with the ridiculous theories and believe them.

You were doing kickbacks with cables? Are you a pump and burn trainer in hiding??? ;)

If you've ever worked out at Gold's in Venice Beach then you've seen the Weirdo Headquarters. You've got 70 year old women in painted on Spandex outfits with butt-floss doing leg presses on Smith Machines while wearing Platfom Stripper Boots. There's this 50+ bag lady that wears 15 layers of sweats and wears biker gloves and carries around her laundry in a plastic garbage bag with her doing 1/4 reps on the Ab Machine (but she keeps careful notes of her work outs so it's cool). There's the 170lb saggy titted dude (it looks like he had gyno and then breast fed) who's best friends with this 200+ BBing chick/former dude who's face has been savaged with androgens. Everybody swears she's a tranny.

One time a couple of scrawny kids were trying to do pull downs with WAY too much weight and this one poor kid just got rocketed up out of the seat after his friend "trainer" helped pull the bar down for him. It was soo unsafe that I asked if the they might want to either lower the weight or do chins instead. The "trainer" kid said they where doing forced negatives and didn't need anybody's help. That was the last time I spoke to anybody there who I wasn't frinds with.

Not to mention Hari Kari, Carrot Top, the Barbarian Twins (who are big dudes and train well it's just the outfits they wear - Z Caberichi jeans with Doc Marteens and French Berrets) and all the other freaks that inhabit Venice Beach.

At least it's not boring there.

MDRThom said:
If you've ever worked out at Gold's in Venice Beach then you've seen the Weirdo Headquarters. You've got 70 year old women in painted on Spandex outfits with butt-floss doing leg presses on Smith Machines while wearing Platfom Stripper Boots. There's this 50+ bag lady that wears 15 layers of sweats and wears biker gloves and carries around her laundry in a plastic garbage bag with her doing 1/4 reps on the Ab Machine (but she keeps careful notes of her work outs so it's cool). There's the 170lb saggy titted dude (it looks like he had gyno and then breast fed) who's best friends with this 200+ BBing chick/former dude who's face has been savaged with androgens. Everybody swears she's a tranny.

One time a couple of scrawny kids were trying to do pull downs with WAY too much weight and this one poor kid just got rocketed up out of the seat after his friend "trainer" helped pull the bar down for him. It was soo unsafe that I asked if the they might want to either lower the weight or do chins instead. The "trainer" kid said they where doing forced negatives and didn't need anybody's help. That was the last time I spoke to anybody there who I wasn't frinds with.

Not to mention Hari Kari, Carrot Top, the Barbarian Twins (who are big dudes and train well it's just the outfits they wear - Z Caberichi jeans with Doc Marteens and French Berrets) and all the other freaks that inhabit Venice Beach.

At least it's not boring there.

I am from Montreal.. We dont have shit like that here.. Id love to go there for a visit.

Over the last month I trained in Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, Kentucky and Milwaukee. Has anyone noticed how many dumb asses show up to work out with jeans on?

GOD YES...

There is this one kid that wears...JEANS, XS under ARMOR, and motorcycle gloves or batting gloves...along with some work boots with wool socks. HE is about 155lbs 6'1"

Steak Helmet said:
GOD YES...

There is this one kid that wears...JEANS, XS under ARMOR, and motorcycle gloves or batting gloves...along with some work boots with wool socks. HE is about 155lbs 6'1"

ROFLMAO !!!!
Gotta love those guys bro!

This slow rep burn, and core training stuff sucks! Im a PT too,and I wont fall into letting my clients do that shit no way!

Slow rep burn- You know what a slow (positive/concentric phase)
rep is? One that you are intentionally not contracting as hard as possible, not recruiting as many fibers as possible! Lame!

Core training-OK if you are doing sports specific training, where balance, agility, coordination is a goal-fine. But 95% of people want weight management/mucsle tone (growth) that is acheived by resistance training through targeting specific muscles in exercise. All core training does is make it harded to concentrate on the target muscle, because you are so damn busy trying to balance yourself on the damn ball!

Also-those 'punch throwing' folks need to have a weight dropped on them. Do bodybuilders go to boxing gyms and hit muscle poses to show how 'bad' they are? :mad:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131