over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bulking and doing cardio

How many fellas do cardio during bulking season?

• No..... None whatsoever

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Yes but minimal.... a few times a week

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • Yes... do cardio every single day

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters
It's a lot more than just a fat burning tool.. All of us should be conscious of the health benefits. Fasted cardio a couple times a week to stimulate appetite goes a long way on a bulk. It certainly won't take away from gains. Remember, DC advocates this.

Of course it has many benefits...and thats why I didnt say get rid of it altogether....but I feel it is much more important during a cut than it is during a bulk.

And If you have appetite problems during bulking, then yes, implementing cardio is almost a necessity, but it should not lead the priorities.

fitnesskatz

im a real believer in cardio pre contest, off season or if you just a gym rat,,i love how it makes me feel,,,i dont get to do as much as often as id like,,,very demanding job,,,myself personally i encourage even young ppl cut back on the amount of exercises they do(resistance)and fit more cardio in,,,thats me id rather do 8-10 sets of chest and be able to move weight and fit cardio in than 15-20 sets wondering why my shit never goes up:yeahthat:

Fasted am cardio is the best for sure. I can't do it after a workout because I'm hungry and need my shake I consume in the locker room. I can't fathom working out then another 30-45 minutes of cardio then having a shake right after cardio. Sounds counterproductive to me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What kind of cardio do you do post workout big mike?

It is always just some incline walking on a treadmill.

I think it may hinder gains if sufficient nutrients are not present, but in my offseason, there is always pre, intra and post work out shakes.

It is always just some incline walking on a treadmill.

I think it may hinder gains if sufficient nutrients are not present, but in my offseason, there is always pre, intra and post work out shakes.

Nothing like a steady incline walk, I have short burst A-fib so I keep my cardio in check year round regardless. My cardiologist Dr. Faddus of BJC St. Louis says this type of cardio is perfect for sustaining cardiovascular health.

Nothing like a steady incline walk, I have short burst A-fib so I keep my cardio in check year round regardless. My cardiologist Dr. Faddus of BJC St. Louis says this type of cardio is perfect for sustaining cardiovascular health.

What is it that you do then. I have struggled for years in trying to find the right cardio for health. I am in the group that believes cardio is for health and diet is what really gets you lean. I gone through phases of making cardiothe priority and all it ever did was make me a smaller version of what I was. Now I try to hit it for 40 minutes 3 times a week. 20 minutes of precor work about 360 cals keeping my heart rate at or above that 90% mark then 20 minutes of walking 3.5mph at a 5.5% incline.

Would it be more beneficial to my heart just to do 30 minutes of the walk post workout 3-4 times a week ?

Cardio always for heart health. It does wonders for cholesterol and cardio-vascular health . . .and when on Gear there should be more emphases on these subjects i feel. . .INMHO. If need be take in more calories via protein to offset what was lost via "catabolic" effects of cardio.

What is it that you do then. I have struggled for years in trying to find the right cardio for health. I am in the group that believes cardio is for health and diet is what really gets you lean. I gone through phases of making cardiothe priority and all it ever did was make me a smaller version of what I was. Now I try to hit it for 40 minutes 3 times a week. 20 minutes of precor work about 360 cals keeping my heart rate at or above that 90% mark then 20 minutes of walking 3.5mph at a 5.5% incline.

Would it be more beneficial to my heart just to do 30 minutes of the walk post workout 3-4 times a week ?

I usually keep cardio consistent year round and just let the diet do the changing when leaning out. As I cut calories more I cut the intensity more but I add more sessions. Sustained heart rate above 140 for 30 minutes about 2-3 times a week is PLENTY for cardiovascular health if you are training with proper intensity. Of course there is always HIIT which is also great but ideally per the recommendation of my cardiologist twice a week is more than enough.

Wow I am from St. Louis. I have family that work at BJC.

I do cardio almost daily for several reasons-

1) keeps insulin sensitivity high while taking in lots of nutrients

2) I am an asthmatic and if I take tren while in poor conditioning the cardio sides hit me HARD.

3) I have a normal metabolism but an outrageous appetite. If doing a little extra cardio means that I can take in an extra 300-500 cals, then so be it.

4) THE BIG REASON... it keeps me in the habit of it. I really fucking hate cardio, and the hardest part is convincing myself to just get on the damn treadmill/elliptical. Once I get going I'm fine, but getting up there is the problem. I would rather not have to develop that habit all over again when it comes time to cut.

As far as how much I do, it varies. Sometimes it is 5-10 min as a warmup before lifting, sometimes 15-20 min HIIT, others 20-30 min LISS. I am thinking of doing 1 45-60 min LISS session per week so that being up there that long isn't so mentally difficult come prep time.

I normally plan to do cardio during a bulk, although I never get around to it. Planning on doing it fasted on nonworkout days after I finish up the show I'm prepping for, we will see if history repeats itself ;)

4) THE BIG REASON... it keeps me in the habit of it. I really fucking hate cardio, and the hardest part is convincing myself to just get on the damn treadmill/elliptical. Once I get going I'm fine, but getting up there is the problem. I would rather not have to develop that habit all over again when it comes time to cut.

This!!!.... When i'm in the habit of going daily (during cutting) i feel great.... I dread getting up at 5:15am but when i'm out and about I feel fantastic and glad i did it... im afraid of getting "out of the habit" cuz i know it'll be a mission to get back on track.... Fugg it...3 X a week for me...1 weekday and the weekends....

Every time I come off a cut I drop the cardio and feel awful. I do fasted cardio 3+ times per week in the mornings - about 1 hr stationary bike with 20sec flat-out sprints every 5 mins - and once I've been a week or two without doing that I just feel so sluggish. Trouble is that after a couple of weeks, trying to motivate myself to start it again is really difficult, even though I actually quite enjoy it! I'm sure stopping it reduces my appetite too, so will definitely be doing it through my bulk this time!

I'm an ecto...6'2" and a hard gainer and I still do 20-25 mins light/mod. cardio after training...besides the health & fat burning benefits ...like most are saying the appetite stimulating benefits...my appetite is terrible especially on orals & injects....the way you have to look at it is if burning 200-300 calories(light cardio) helps to increase your appetite to eat another 1000-1500 calories or more, that's a great trade off...

I do cardio for about 20-30 mins low intensity... Just to keep my appetite rolling!

I do cardio almost daily for several reasons-

1) keeps insulin sensitivity high while taking in lots of nutrients

2) I am an asthmatic and if I take tren while in poor conditioning the cardio sides hit me HARD.

3) I have a normal metabolism but an outrageous appetite. If doing a little extra cardio means that I can take in an extra 300-500 cals, then so be it.

As far as how much I do, it varies. Sometimes it is 5-10 min as a warmup before lifting, sometimes 15-20 min HIIT, others 20-30 min LISS. I am thinking of doing 1 45-60 min LISS session per week so that being up there that long isn't so mentally difficult come prep time.

#4 lol. One of my big reasons.

Not doing cardio when bulking is silly. It's better to increase g flux burn more cals and eat more food. Keeping metabolism higher.

The slight loss in calories is totally worth the health and heart benefits of cardio especially when most of us use gear.

You really think you will lose much by keeping some cardio in? I'd rather be few lb lighter and feel healthy and athletic than being unhealthy for a few measly lb

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ryan.veneficus
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws