advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Caffeine...am I the only one this happens to?

Stayinfit

Registered
So I drink a couple of cups prior to training at 3am-4am sipping on it for the first part of my workout also. I might have another cup later on around 7 or 7:30 prior to work. Is it only me or does everyone piss as much as I do throughout the day. I'm talkin I gotta go about every 1.5 to 2 hours...it really sucks. I'm talkin alot of piss also not just an average amount. Also, I get up in the middle of the night almost every 1.5 hours as well. I started putting a 2qt jug next to the bed cuz I was so tired of walking all the way to the bathroom, and I piss almost 1qt during the night.

Any ideas? Is it the caffeine? Kidney issues? Prostate issues? This has been going on for quite some time now even before any 'supplement' use.

Could be a host of things... But first and foremost, caffeine Inhibits ADH (anti-diuretic hormone) in the collecting duct of the kidney, therefore making it impermeable to water, and subsequently increasing urination.

Generally prostate issues would increase frequency of urination, but not output. usually prostate issues limit the volume of urine, because a portion of the urethra actually runs through the prostate, and often swelling of the prostate cause compression of the urethra here, leading to the urgency to go and also limiting the amount that actually is urinated.

Do you drink nuch water? Caffeine itself is a diuretic. But i drink about 2 gal water per day and i pee at the minimum every hour throughout the day unless i hold it a long time and its always a ton and its clear so i know its not swollen prostate or anything, its from drinking a shitload of water. And i usually wake up to pee 2-3 times

does diabetes run in the family?

piss jug beside the bed haha,thats great,anyway bro does the same to me but sounds like more extreme for you,i am sipping on a cup right now before i go to gym,i usually will piss 2-3 times within 3-4 hours then back to base line for me.

Its the diuretic effect, same with green tea (or any tea I think).
I have diabetes insipidous (Not related to diabetes, just similar symptoms), so my ADH is all out of wack.
I drink so much it would make a normal person sick. I pee every 3o minutes it seems.

Its the diuretic effect, same with green tea (or any tea I think).
I have diabetes insipidous (Not related to diabetes, just similar symptoms), so my ADH is all out of wack.
I drink so much it would make a normal person sick. I pee every 3o minutes it seems.

every 30 minutes i would go bat shit crazy,but good point on the tea bro,sometimes i grab a 20oz green tea to drink and then here comes the pee

Thanks

thank you guys so much for your input. Made me feel more at ease. Diabetes doesn't run in my family at all...I can't think of anyone with it. I work construction and do go through about 1.5-2 gallons per day, but the pissing starts before I even cosume a quarter of that. :)

Thanks markdiesel on your post. When I do go it is alot and its clear which tells me I'm hydrated I guess which is good. Now my night piss in the jug gets pretty yellow so...

Yeah I got tired of getting up, walking down to the bathroom, then back to bed. Sometimes, the distance and all will keep me up a bit and I hate that. So, I've got a 2qt jug and when I feel the need I roll over and piss, cap it and back to bed in seconds. I know it's funny, my girl at first thought it was strange but now she doesn't mind cuz I don't wake her up by getting out of bed, opening the door and then coming back to bed closing the door...just making a bunch of noise. With the fan on in the room she can't hear me pissin so she's not waking up. :) Hey, it works right? :D In the morning when I finally get up, I take it with me to the toilet, empty it and wash it out.

I pee constantly but when your drinking that much its normal. I notice it when I go out to a club or something and Im not drinking as much water I can go the whole night without having to pee. You cant drink 6 litres of water in a day and not pee its just not possible, youd weigh about 20lbs more at night

caffeine will make you pee. don't drink it for a day or two and you will notice the difference.

Last edited:
thanks

Consider putting a ¼ to a ½ of a teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt or Iodized salt in your first cup of water upon waking, excessive urination can deplete your Iodine levels possible setting you up for Sub Clinical hypothyriodism. Day-to-day and within-day variation in - PubMed Mobile

Variations in urinary iodine excretion - PubMed Mobile
If your on any AAS, this already reduce thyroid function as it is.

Also consider drinking some pedialyte periodically throughout the week.

thanks Stewie I will do that.

Energy drinks do the same for me...monster rehabs will last about an hour and then I piss my entire days worth of water

What Stewie said (salt) and also consider eating more carbs evenly throughout the day and before bed. For every gram of carbs you store as glycogen, you also store 2.7g of water. As you burn through those carbs, water is released. If you don't eat much carbs at night, you will release more water, especially if glycogen stores are low. If your carb levels are yo-yoing throughout the day, you will pee a lot more.

BTW, there are studies out there (read a good one in National Geographic) that have shown that Caffeine is NOT a diuretic, but in fact just triggers bladder release.

piss jug by the bed...i'm hoping your single so your old lady dont trip on it in the middle of the night and be PISSED lol

Lol

It's on my side of the bed down by my night stand. I just roll over grab it and go. :) She gets up on her side of the bed and doesn't even see it. Like I sd at first she thought it was weird, now that I don't wake her up at night she could care less. It works.

Caffiene will do that to you as its a stimulant.The moebyou drink the more you will pas water.

Has anyone heard if "holding it" too long over an extended period of your life can increase your chances of contracting prostate and urinary probs? Sometimes i'm too lazy to get up and piss, so i'll lay there for an hour or so until I absolutely have to go. I try to get away from this but I don't sleep for shit half the time anyway. No pun intended, "Holding it" :)

Caffeine in any form prevents the release of ADH(anti-diuretic hormone) from the pituitary gland which inhibits the release of water back in to your body! I work at a coffee shop so I drink a couple cups a day. I just make sure to drink a little extra water.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear