advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is this why one of your quads is smaller than the other?

control

Registered
Newbies

I'm pretty sure I have this going on. Probably more than just this (my left hip actually makes a grinding noise when I rotate my leg outwards).
My left foot angles outward and my left quad is smaller than the right.

My right quad is thicker in the bottom half than my left and my left quad is thicker in the upper half than my right. Could be this or one leg is slightly longer than the other. Who knows? 🤔

I think there are LOTS of reasons why imbalances happen, hip placement is just one of them.

I know for myself that I tore a bunch of fibers on the outer sweep of my right quad 4 years ago. Very painful bruising down my leg. Since then, the overall mind muscle connection to my sweep has been lacking. It’s very noticeable during things like hacks and leg ext. because of this I do lots of unilateral work. Even now, being very lean, it’s a noticeable thing that I try to fix and hide with posing. I know several guys who’ve had great success using the Neubie fit if anyone had heard of that. Brad Rowe and a couple other trainers out here incorporate it with great success. I know for a fact Dexter Jackson used it heavily in his last couple years competing after his legs were really suffering. There was a year where people were snickering that he had “lost it.” Saw him in golds using the neubie like every week and viola, his legs were insane thay next competition year. Essentially it’s a direct current electro stimulation as compared to those lame alternating current stuff we’ve seen from the 80s. So you can actually train a muscle through a full range of motion that really fires your nervous system. It was invented actually for rehab purposes when patients lost their ability to stimulate a muscle by themselves. Say they were firing at 30%, the neubie sends an electro current that fires thay additional 70% meaning you get full activation. Lots of good info on this online.

I think there are LOTS of reasons why imbalances happen, hip placement is just one of them.

I know for myself that I tore a bunch of fibers on the outer sweep of my right quad 4 years ago. Very painful bruising down my leg. Since then, the overall mind muscle connection to my sweep has been lacking. It’s very noticeable during things like hacks and leg ext. because of this I do lots of unilateral work. Even now, being very lean, it’s a noticeable thing that I try to fix and hide with posing. I know several guys who’ve had great success using the Neubie fit if anyone had heard of that. Brad Rowe and a couple other trainers out here incorporate it with great success. I know for a fact Dexter Jackson used it heavily in his last couple years competing after his legs were really suffering. There was a year where people were snickering that he had “lost it.” Saw him in golds using the neubie like every week and viola, his legs were insane thay next competition year. Essentially it’s a direct current electro stimulation as compared to those lame alternating current stuff we’ve seen from the 80s. So you can actually train a muscle through a full range of motion that really fires your nervous system. It was invented actually for rehab purposes when patients lost their ability to stimulate a muscle by themselves. Say they were firing at 30%, the neubie sends an electro current that fires thay additional 70% meaning you get full activation. Lots of good info on this online.
Yeah I've been wanting to try that for awhile now.

Maaan you had me hot for that shit when I read it. Then I saw the price and the “lower” competitor price. Jesus Christ

I'm pretty sure I have this going on. Probably more than just this (my left hip actually makes a grinding noise when I rotate my leg outwards).
My left foot angles outward and my left quad is smaller than the right.

If one leg is truly shorter than the other, more often than not it is a structural issue that you cannot fix. For example, the arch of one foot may be more collapsed by the other foot, making one leg shorter than the other. In such cases, it just is what it is. Putting a wedge or something under the shorter foot will often cause more problems than it solves, because your body has compensated for the side with the shorter foot all up through the chain of your body. So you can't just get in the gym, throw in a wedge, train and call it a day.

Most of us are not 100% symmetrical and so long as the asymmetry isn't too significant we will be just fine without major imbalances.

One leg is typically longer then the other. The dominant side usually does more work and the list goes on.

My right quad is thicker in the bottom half than my left and my left quad is thicker in the upper half than my right. Could be this or one leg is slightly longer than the other. Who knows? 🤔
I’m right handed I’ve found that myself and other builders who played basketball in particular but pretty much all team sports, the right hand does the work so the left leg does the work, you’ll notice this when opening doors to truck, house etc. there’s basically no diff on the measuring tape but my left has always been stronger and to my eye better.

There could be A lot of reasons why it is. Genetic pre determination is probably the largest factor here. Everyone’s body’s are different one side to the other.

There could be A lot of reasons why it is. Genetic pre determination is probably the largest factor here. Everyone’s body’s are different one side to the other.
And rotating or tipping the hips can be a way to counter act the physiological condition.

And rotating or tipping the hips can be a way to counter act the physiological condition.
In the video he talks about how you shouldn't have your wallet in your back pocket, but I also realized that I lean to one side when I drive (right leg stretched out to work the gas/brake, left leg bent). Seems like a minor thing, but when you think about how many hours you spend driving over a year, it can't be good.

Left quad is smaller but leaner. Much more noticeable when I am dieted down.

Been told I have hip drop. Been told I have one leg longer than the other as well. However, was also heel hooked in bjj pretty bad on my right foot and I tapped and the momo kept cranking and my knee popped. Anyway, left vestus medialis is way more prominent on my left quad and the right quad's medialis is lacking. Very hard to say which of these factors is the cause.

In the video he talks about how you shouldn't have your wallet in your back pocket, but I also realized that I lean to one side when I drive (right leg stretched out to work the gas/brake, left leg bent). Seems like a minor thing, but when you think about how many hours you spend driving over a year, it can't be good.
I heard about the wallet thing when i was a kid so i never carried mine there. Putting a small wedge under one side seemed like it would have some effect over years and decades of doing it.
I try to use the right foot rest that many most car come with these days for that reason as well. May be overkill but it takes little of nothing to change those habits.

I’ve always wondered about the driving factor too especially since I have a very large vehicle

So my hips are out of whack and now my left leg is “longer” than my right which has fucked my right calf because I don’t get an even distribution on the raise

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131