over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheat meals

I never did get cheat meals. If you have the right diet in place and do it long enough, you will be super lean and retain muscle or grow. Of course slamming down a lot of crap never does help anyone. You should also think of that in the off season.

I'm about to hit the sack bro but is it cool for me to PM you tomorrow some time and talk more about this? I want to start this kinda "dieting" asap..you helped me alot with my chest so I want to give this a shot!

sure thing bro ;)

g'night

anyway... as i said, for example, monday-wednesday, low cal low carb and normal food on wednesday night (as much as you want)... then thursday and friday you eat low cal low carb again... friday night, sat and sun... eat whatever you want in reasonable quantities. no need to focus on protein or shit. just eat what you feel like and eat til you're half full.

You need to take in different metabolisms react different. I be fat as shit, if i did that and dizzy.. :p

you wanna lose fat faster? train harder (more volume, less rest)... hit 10% and can't get lower? drop the wednesday cheat meal and swallow any fat burner you can get your hands on. hit 6% and can't get lower? cancel sunday cheat day and do cardio.

I see guys do that in the gym and still look the same because of their diets.I see girls doing cardio for 1-2 hours and still look the same.

if you don't like dieting on low carbs (why the hell wouldn't you if you can cheat this much? LOL)... and insist on mod-high carb diets... i'd advise you to keep your cals low throughout the week so you can cheat once or twice if you want, and i'd advise you to only eat high GI carbs on your diet days.
YES I SAID HIGH GI CARBS.
IMO, if your protien is a little higher, you won't have to cut the calories as much.

also... eating 6 meals a day won't make your metabolism go faster (total bullshit), it's not better, it's OCD behaviour basically, and it's not practical at all... it's just another way to say you're hardcore so people could say "wow, i could never do that!"....
3 is enough
"but i'll get really hungry in between!"... you don't think that's a good thing?

Actually, there is studies to back that with smaller meals, because it will digest better., compare to 3 large meals.

and if you're gonna talk about health? I know that personally, i feel much much much better and my body functions much better when i'm eating 1500-1800 cals of "junk", as opposed to 3000-3500 cals of "clean nutritious bodybuilding food"... 3 weeks i ate egg whites, oats, brown rice, chicken breasts, veggies, whey, olive oil and all that "healthy" crap... i swear I was in so much pain/discomfort... gassy as hell... bloated... no energy... and it was around 2500 cals. the minute i dropped that diet to my own (explained above)... wow!

If you drastically changed any diet, you will get discomfort. I personally am the opposite of what you say, but I eat clean all year and have a very lean body at 51 all year.

and just so you know.... i'm waiting for some people to chime in after reading this to back me up... a lot of people tried this and they liked it a lot... one of the competitors told me he actually got into the best shape of his life after following that advice. but hey, if it aint hardcore, it aint bodybuilding... right? :D

OK, I chimed in :p. I do have respect for you, but that diet would never work for the average person with out drugs. however, i see what you look like and I know something is working for you. ;)

To many varables come into play when dieting, supps, how lean are you,. You could up your carbs every week one meal only. If your really lean maybe a juicy burger, but again too many varables.

By the way I cant type well when doing.cardio...lol

OK, I chimed in :p. I do have respect for you, but that diet would never work for the average person with out drugs. however, i see what you look like and I know something is working for you. ;)

LOOOOL :D

let me tell you, your points are very valid and i agree with everything you said... but that's when you pick them apart one by one ;)
if you look at the whole picture here, you'll see how it comes together.

dieting on 2500 cals day in and day out for 4 weeks, for example
weekly average calories = 17500 cals
dieting the way i said on 1500 cals 4.5 days per week, and eating 3500 cals 2.5 days per week for example
weekly average cals = 15500 cals

less cals on the second, and having lots of days with very high cals too to replenish glycogen without getting fat.

and about the training... it's in combination with the diet... higher volume with less rest burns way more calories... if you combine that with the zigzaging of the carbs in the diet... you'd see how it works in your favor of making you super compensate glycogen and have better muscle-insulin sensitivity.

3 meals on 1500 cals.... 500 cals per meal
5 meals on 2500 cals... 500 cals per meal

you see where i'm going with this? ;)
yeah, if you eat 4000 cals in 3 meals, that's a doozie... but that's not part of the picture i'm painting here.

and just for the record... eating 800 cals of fatty beef and eggs, will digest much better than 500 cals of egg whites, oats, and olive oil ;)

and of course my advice is for people on aas... what the hell man! LOL :D ...

I just find it hard to understand that eating a load of junk with bad fat isnt harmful compare to eating clean.

Im following a very low calorie diet like what buselmo says, 3rd day on 1400cals , but illustra Feel like i have failed if i have say a Beef burger and chips from the kebab shop for tea...

Decisions

I think a better question would be to ask what kind of REFEED'S do you guys prefer, instead of "cheats". To me this sounds as if you wish to just eat shit b/c you have become tired of the dieting process and want some relief. Skiploading and methods similar to that, work best under severely depleted conditions. Dont expect to do a low-moderate carb diet.. and be able to do huge high-gi carb loads. It just isnt ideal, metabollicaly speaking (for the majority). Hope this helps.

Yes I rephrased my question just above.

Got any advice mate? I can post my diet if you want.

LOOOOL :D

let me tell you, your points are very valid and i agree with everything you said... but that's when you pick them apart one by one ;)
if you look at the whole picture here, you'll see how it comes together.

dieting on 2500 cals day in and day out for 4 weeks, for example
weekly average calories = 17500 cals
dieting the way i said on 1500 cals 4.5 days per week, and eating 3500 cals 2.5 days per week for example
weekly average cals = 15500 cals

less cals on the second, and having lots of days with very high cals too to replenish glycogen without getting fat.

and about the training... it's in combination with the diet... higher volume with less rest burns way more calories... if you combine that with the zigzaging of the carbs in the diet... you'd see how it works in your favor of making you super compensate glycogen and have better muscle-insulin sensitivity.

3 meals on 1500 cals.... 500 cals per meal
5 meals on 2500 cals... 500 cals per meal

you see where i'm going with this? ;)
yeah, if you eat 4000 cals in 3 meals, that's a doozie... but that's not part of the picture i'm painting here.

and just for the record... eating 800 cals of fatty beef and eggs, will digest much better than 500 cals of egg whites, oats, and olive oil ;)

and of course my advice is for people on aas... what the hell man! LOL :D ...

LOL :D You look great Buselmo and I do have respect for you, but you seem to leave out a big factor, Health! I seen skinny and muscular people with bad cholesterol, not to mention clogged veins and fat around the organs. I guess I look at things in a long healthy, productive life. Foods do matter for health. ;)

LOL :D You look great Buselmo and I do have respect for you, but you seem to leave out a big factor, Health! I seen skinny and muscular people with bad cholesterol, not to mention clogged veins and fat around the organs. I guess I look at things in a long healthy, productive life. Foods do matter for health. ;)

Fat people who are active are half as likely to die from heart disease as think people who don't exercise. So, obviously, exercise is more important for health than diet.

And I also think that the ratio of Omega 3s to Omega 6 is more important than how much fat or carbs you consume. 1 or 2 tablespoons of high quality fish oil, like Carlson's Very Finest, is enough to keep your body in balance and healthy, imo.

Every opinion possible has been stated about that topic. I'm more of a believer in genetics once again, predisposed to bad blood values, you'll get it regardless of your big mac or chicken filet diet.

World renowned cardiologist Pedro Brugada said your heart has a genetically built in number of beats it can withstand, the sooner you use those up, the sooner you'll be dead.

Athletes do seem to die younger than people who have done jack shit all their lives...

Buselmo....What do you mean that your metabolism doesn't slow down when your dieting? So if you start your diet at 2500 calories, then you should be able to keep it at that level for the length of the diet and lose the same amount of fat? Or did i misread your initial post?

Ok, so I've been dieting for a few weeks now, and I would like to know what kind of cheats worked best for you while dieting.

I'm dieting pretty agressively on very low carbs, and I am just unsure on what approach to use to keep my metabolism running properly.

Skiploads, cheat days, cheat days followed by a fast, just a cheat meal, or no cheat at all...What has worked best for you?

When I cut I take in most my carbs after workout when they are most needed
so this is best time for me to cheat with a little pasta

Does it have to be a meal? How about one of those Mocha Coolatas
from Dunkin donuts. Yum Yum .. A small one

Mantus

I dropped 85 lbs. since my powerlifting day's, and I always cheated on Saturday when I was dieting. I go to Papa Murphy's and get a cowboy on the thin delight crust. I would eat two slices and go to Dairy queen for a small blizzard. It kept me on track.:headbang:

Buselmo....What do you mean that your metabolism doesn't slow down when your dieting? So if you start your diet at 2500 calories, then you should be able to keep it at that level for the length of the diet and lose the same amount of fat? Or did i misread your initial post?

Is this the original Adrenaline Rush?

O no sorry not on Long Island unless you moved

Mantus

i absolutely agree with you when it comes to health.
i believe that your genetics will determine what will be strong and what will be weak in your body in regards to health and you're gonna have to figure that out, and when you do, you should base your diet and training around fixing those weak points...

but we're not talking about health here :D

1- your body isn't a closed system where calories in and calories out determine weight/fat loss. please search for dr.scott connally's (sp?) interview (recent) about insulin. it's very long but you'll learn so much.

2- 2500 cals is not even a deficit to most. don't kid yourself, you don't need 3000 cals to maintain your weight... you probably need 3000 cals to maintain the amount of shit in your intestines to be constant and keep your weight up by 5-10 lbs... that's why people lose a lot of weight in 3 days when they drop the cals to a reasonable amount then say "if i go below 4000 cals, i lose weight quick! that's not good!"

3- if you keep your cals at 1500 or so for a long time, your metabolism won't slow down and you'll keep on losing weight... now without drugs, you'll look like a stick figure... with drugs, you will lose no muscle at all (tried it right here ;))

put all these 3 points together and you know what i mean...

when you start your diet at 2800 cals, train and burn 300 cals, and do 20 mins of cadio and burn 150 or 200 cals ... that's 2300 cals left over... you won't be losing shit at that rate... that's why you need to up the cardio, up the fat burners, and decrease cals every two or three weeks....

see where i'm going with this?

i hear ya Buselmo, i agree with some of what you said, but not all of it...which is the beauty of message forums :)

Like you said, the body is not a closed system..hormones, sleep, and many other things affect the fat loss equation..So- I think the body chases homeostasis and that if you consumed 1500 calories a day, your body would adapt by slowing down your metabolism (ie go into starvation mode)..which is why you would either have to decrease calories or up cardio at some point

i dont have it handy, but i believe that there are studies that showed metabolic rate suffering for quite some time after a large calorie restriction..

Although, its probably a moot point because the question was about cheat meals, and i am not against having them (if nothing else for psychological reasons)

i hear ya Buselmo, i agree with some of what you said, but not all of it...which is the beauty of message forums :)

Like you said, the body is not a closed system..hormones, sleep, and many other things affect the fat loss equation..So- I think the body chases homeostasis and that if you consumed 1500 calories a day, your body would adapt by slowing down your metabolism (ie go into starvation mode)..which is why you would either have to decrease calories or up cardio at some point

i dont have it handy, but i believe that there are studies that showed metabolic rate suffering for quite some time after a large calorie restriction..

Although, its probably a moot point because the question was about cheat meals, and i am not against having them (if nothing else for psychological reasons)

starvation mode is a myth perpetuated by... well, the best way i can describe it is by comparing it to someone in 6th grade reading a Phd thesis about nuclear physics and coming up with a conclusion...
the whole starvation mode shit came from the minnesota starvation experiment... where, yes, the participants in that 1 year study had a decrease in metabolism like most "fitness gurus" would tell you... but please go see WHEN that decrease happened...

here's one of the results...
"
The first three months of the study closely monitored the men’s normal eating and
activity patterns. For the next six months they followed a semi-starvation diet of
around 1500 calories a day, and the final three months involved re-feeding.
During the six months of semi-starvation the men lost around 25% of their body
weight, and some startling patterns emerged"

25% of your bodyweight in 6 months? hardly sounds like a decrease in metabolism to me.

especially when in the end, you look like this

mse.jpg

If this starvation crap was true.. 4 of my friends who had this stomach bypass crap surgery done wouldn't have lost more than 100 lbs in less than a year.

and personally? i would never let go of a cheat meal cuz it won't affect any of my gains/losses... and i get to be normal and enjoy food :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131