over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chest and Delts trained together

Try doing reverse grip incline and flat bench. When you do any bench pressing movement, the anterior deltoid takes 70% of the load via the muscular pathways in the arm. It's why your front delts are sore after benching.

With a reverse grip, the upper pecs take 70% of the load and the delt 30%.

This small change has been phenomenal in my chest/shoulder development. I work chest and shoulder on entirely separate days and they are smoked. You don't push as much weight this way, but, Bodybuilding isn't about how much you can lift, it's about how much you look like you can lift.

Here's my spilt sometimes if i need two rest days concurrent i do it. i listen to my body.. i need more carbs protien etc.... Get to know your body and what works when you find what works you hammer away at it...as for volume and reps some work outs have more volume reps etc then other work outs... time under tension mind muscle /connection be f*cking consistent with food and training... problem now a days is younger guys want the magic AAS guess what there is none! hard f*cking work, be consistent (for years) eat consistent then add the AAS....and genetics play a factor but they can be overcome!!

i'm 45 6'1 235-40 8%bf this is a hobby if i told what i would use as for aas hypothetically it would be 250mg deca /test E every 7 days.. and i can be at those stats above with that little bit of aas.....

chest /bi's
Legs
Shoulders/tri's
REST
Back/Hams
Chest/bi's
legs
REST
Shoulders /tris
Back/hams
Chest/bi's
REST

sorry to rant fellas

I'm by no means as advanced as most of you guys on here, but if I do have one strong point it's my delts and a pretty good chest. I have worked up to a ~470 pound bench, and found my delts were growing, but my chest had stalled.

Since my delts came to overpower my chest and arms I decided to start training the two together. I do absolutely no shoulder pressing exercises as I get plenty of stimulation from my chest movements. All I focus on now is medial and rear FWIW.

I know everyone is different, but I honestly believe too many people do way too much shoulder work especially the idiots I see in my gym who train chest (BENNNNNNNNNNNNNCH) two to three times per week.

I train chest twice a week, shoulders once .. My shoulders over power my chest..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chest and Delts is great to do together if you train bodyparts more than 1x a week. If you are somebody that only trains bodyparts 1x a week, I don't think it makes sense to do it together. Better to train them separately to give full attention to bench and shoulder press imo.

My shoulders grew significantly not doing a single shoulder press;all I used was side laterals. The heavy pressing and incline is honestly more than enough for front deltoid development if you train them on the same day. Some may disagree, and that's fine, all that means is you should do Shoulder Press+Side Laterals. IMO Rear Laterals should go with back day.

But yeah to answer the question, this is a nice way to do things imo:

-1 Flat or Decline Press
-1 Incline Press
-2 Flyes (1 being incline)
-Side Laterals

If you want, you can add Shoulder press after the flyes.

Also, if you're somebody that does a full "Push day", just remember if your doing something like Weighted Dips/CGBP for triceps, now you have even more front deltoid volume; imo it's just overkill and pointless to even do Shoulder press at all in that scenario unless you're a very low volume kind of person, in which it makes sense (example: you only do 1 top set of each movement...or DC training...or 2sets but very low # of exercises,etc)

Seems a decent amount of ppl train these together. But I feel as tho my delts don't get hit as hard when trained after chest. And I wouldn't want to train delts first, as chest is my weak point

Id like to train them together, for time constraint reasons. And I'm just looking for a new training split, a bit easier on the joints, and 3-4 days a week, still producing maximum growth.

Training is done after long days at work, of physical labor. My current 5 day split seems to be breaking me down too much, and takes time away from the home.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I currrently train CHEST/SHOULDERS/TRIS all the same day.
I do them in that exact order and the past few weeks Ive
been using pre-exhaust training to mix things up.

If you are blasting the fuck out of your chest, the front delts will get plenty of abuse. My delts have always been dominant. Alot of that came from hitting chest twice a week at points. Incline focused chest day, and then a flat focused chest day. Then after 10-14 sets to failure (aside from warm ups), id hit high volume failure machine work, dumbbells etc. So they got plenty of work. Most would consider it severe overtraining. But this "overtrained" muscle was also my most dominant. I dont think that was a coincidence.

I really didnt need any direct work when hitting chest that hard. The only thing I really did for delts was heavy side laterals with my own type of form. Id dropset them down the rack often. Some rear delt machine work as well.

Ive gone through periods where I did alot of pressing seperately for shoulders. Later on it was just extra wear and tear on my joints. I found I got plenty of work from blasting chest high volume to failure.

The laterals really blew out my sides and traps, the way I do them.

Currently I like to hit chest and delts and back and delts . My delt work is purely side laterals in my own form, at this stage. My fronts get torn up from chest work.

KILL THAT SHIT !!

Google on mountain dog chest training, he always does chest and shoulders together. ;)

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try.

Anyone else have input ?

And yea I was having a convo with myself. Sometimes seeing it typed out helps lol

As we all know the delt has three heads, anterior, lateral and posterior. The anterior get hit when you do chest, and posterior is hit with back. The lateral does little work with either muscle group. So I usually hit lateral twice a week, once during a shoulder workout and once just lateral, usually at the end of legs. The posterior and anterior get hit twice a week as well. And I am a big fan of mixing up the routine, not doing the same muscle groups week after week.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity