over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chicken and rice

bereal23

Registered
How do you cook it? What's your recipe? I just put several chicken breasts in the crock pot on low for 4 hours, shred it, and then dump some sugar free bbq sauce on and mix in the rice when I eat it. I feel like there's a lot of room for improvement so I'm just looking for some good ideas

I cook several chicken breasts at once and just season with either Old Bay or a Cajun seasoning (sometimes I add fresh rosemary and thyme). When time to eat, I douse it with franks red hot.

For rice I grind it all in a blender to make cream of rice. Cook it in microwave with blueberries, stevia and cinnamon.

I eat this three times a day. Simple but tastes good enough for me

I cook several chicken breasts at once and just season with either Old Bay or a Cajun seasoning (sometimes I add fresh rosemary and thyme). When time to eat, I douse it with franks red hot.

For rice I grind it all in a blender to make cream of rice. Cook it in microwave with blueberries, stevia and cinnamon.

I eat this three times a day. Simple but tastes good enough for me
Interesting. What type of rice do you use?

Always Jasmine. I don’t like rice. It’s the dry texture but when ground it’s much better and Jasmine has a good flavor.

I sometimes grind oatmeal too when I get tired of eating it normal. IMO grinding it makes it more palatable and more easily digested.

I absolutely love chicken and rice.

I usually roast a whole chicken as it cost effective and you get carcasses to make make chicken soup with so keep it.

Rice is cooked in an Instant Pot (always to perfection). Sometimes I will add a cube of vegetable stock for flavor.

Once cooked, I portion out those two ingredients then I add some Irish Butter, salt and pepper to suit, and some frozen roasted corn or peas (thawed / preheated in micro).

Done.

Sous vide chicken and steamed rice

I will either grill or use the crockpot. For the crockpot, I will add some chicken broth/stock (32oz of Swanson or whoever) and ~5 lbs of chicken breasts (family pack) with one McCormick grill mate packet (pick your flavor). Cook that on high for ~4 hours, measure out the chicken, then add the broth to each container (and freeze for the week; I will pull the container out the day before). I use jasmine rice in the rice cooker; measure that out once done cooking. When I am ready to eat, microwave them both, add the rice to the chicken/broth, done. You can of course add other seasonings as well...whatever you want.

For grilling, I have a ton of different rubs and I'll switch it up often. Jack Daniels makes a chicken rub that has been pretty tasty lately. I'll add the rice to that container along with whatever condiment I feel like at the time (Chipotle Tabasco, Southwest Hot Mustard from Wally World, etc).

-s

Drop 4 breast in a pressure cooker with a can of french onion soup some baby carrots and celery.
Shred it all up after it's cooked.
I don't eat rice , so I boil little red potatoes in crawfish boil with garlic , mushrooms and cauliflower.
A friend of mine cooks her rice in a rice cooker with chicken or beef stock instead of water to give it flavor.

Chicken breast diced up and marinade over night in pickle juice then air fried taste alot like chick flilet nuggets.

How do you cook it? What's your recipe? I just put several chicken breasts in the crock pot on low for 4 hours, shred it, and then dump some sugar free bbq sauce on and mix in the rice when I eat it. I feel like there's a lot of room for improvement so I'm just looking for some good ideas
Get a grill bro grilled meat is light years ahead of baked/crock pot/boiled/air fried

- Thaw overnight if frozen. Dry brine in the fridge for 12-24 hours.

- When it's time to cook, preheat the oven to 425. While that's happening, add pepper and garlic powder to the chicken.

- Pour two tbsp of avocado oil into a cast iron skillet on high and wait until the pan starts smoking.

- Sear a minute on each side then transfer the pan into the oven for 10-12 minutes. To avoid excess smoking during the sear; I do 30 seconds, reduce heat to medium, another 30 seconds, flip, 30 seconds, turn the burner off, 30 seconds.

I eat chicken with jasmine rice and add
sriracha sauce.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220130-143412_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220130-143412_Instagram.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 23
i almost ONLY eat beef now.

BUT...this thread motivated me to buy an Instapot so i guess thats good lol

►BASMATI rice guy here

honestly lately ..just boil it ..chkn becomes very tender that way ..less chew-effort, lol

-trim all the fat off the chkn
-boil the chkn ..add spices to the water (..salt/garlic/onion/pepper/cayenne/cumin ..or whatever)
-pull chkn out ..& dice up
-put rice into that same "brothy" water (.add some water if necessary)
-dump bag of spinach in
-add 1/4 stick (..2 pats) of butter

^^^make bed of rice ..top with chkn ..done

▲definitely not the "sexiest" ..but it's quick +it works ..palatable

i almost ONLY eat beef now.
^^^it goes both ways with me ..too much of one will have me craving the other

Some of you guys would do yourself a great service getting a good pellet grill smoker. They are easy, quick, and versatile if you get the right one. I recognize some may not have a storage place for them, and that sucks. I'm so damn tired of all the woody chicken breast these days, fucking grosses me the hell out, so I get the whole chickens now. Getting a whole chicken is so much tastier and usually much cheaper...usually. I can eat baked whole chicken, but I prefer smoking it the best.

The first picture: top chicken with skin on, except I cut off the skin around the backbone, thighs, and lower breast parts (pretty much the whole under part). Bottom chicken (both raw) is completely skinned. Seasoned lightly with a basic s/p/g and Killer Hogs THE BBQ rub, both under/over the skin.

2nd pic: a pic of the skinless bird. I didn't even have to brine or inject these birds, they come out moist. Cook at 275 until internal temp hits right at, or below, 160, the go out and give a quick mop of Malcom Reed's BBQ vinegar sauce, and then I crank the temp up to 425F until I hit 165F.

The rest is just plated and one with the meat shredded off the bones. The pic where it is shredded is not the full amount of chicken, we had eaten some of it already from the pan.

Attachments

• chicken 4.jpg
    chicken 4.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 25
  • chicken 5.jpg
    chicken 5.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 24
  • chicken 6.jpg
    chicken 6.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 23
  • chicken 2.jpg
    chicken 2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 22
  • chicken 3.jpg
    chicken 3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 24
Fire up the grill. Drop some rice in boiling water then simmer till done. Grill the chicken.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws