over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chiropractor?

Went to chiropractors for years for on and off sciatic issues. Always the same, come so many times a week to start and then keep coming at regular intervals. After years I figured out my sciatic issues recovered in the same time frame whether I went to a chiropractor or not. Haven’t gone back since.I significantly improved my issues with hamstring stretching and a few yoga poses. Most of what chiropractors claim to fix is unsubstantiated nonsense.

I just went today. It was a joke. I told him my shoulder hurts; he said when I adjust you; it will release tension of your shoulder.. what?

Then he did percussion therapy for 2 minutes. which I could do at home.

Bullshit; paid 100$ for adjustment
Exactly.
absolute bullshit.

This is my view.

I'm ok cracking my fingers, but cringe when people crack their back. I don't want anyone cracking my neck or back or messing with my spine, physical therapist don't do this and the things they do are evidence based. They do range of motion testing, use digital imaging, use Resistance to build strength, correct imbalances, break up scar etc based on a specific diagnosis.
I have a Chrio that does the corrective exercises, scar tissue stuff including DT work as well as the foam rolling protocols but I think that there are great chriopractors and shitty ones without an in between, I get more from 30 mins of TENS and a good adjustment. Correctives work and NASM really pushes it but all that said I’ve also skipped correctives and lowered the weight and used perfect form and I find that if you do light compounds with perfect form the body will “correct” itself more often than not-now this is in trained individuals when I have a client walk in off the street and I can’t get their posture correct I will do correctives but again good form tends to correct the body as well as if there are Imalances like huge quads small hams, hammering the hams to fix the push pull of the body seems to help people out a lot as well. Point is as others have said theres good and bad in both, where I am the biggest name in PT is the worst doc I’ve encountered I literally pulled my wife from under his care after a car wreck bc of how inept he is. Then I had a chiropractor a few years back who adjusted more than your back and he fucking dislocated my thumbs “adjusting “ my elbows sooooooo

I'm a neuromuscular therapist for 21yrs now. Highly recommend manual therapy, and personally go to my guy every 2wks, and have a great sports chiro that I see as needed. He's not just a back cracker, but does muscle testing to determine exact cause and impingement area.
Has kept me injury free

My chiro does ART and Graston, almost exclusively. He does extensive muscle testing throughout the treatment plan. He has resolved issues for me and my family including back and hip issues. I haven't been in three years. Having said that, there are chiros who recommend 3 times a week, they put a vibrator on your back for two minutes, adjust you and send you out the door 10 minutes later. That's a business model, not a therapy model.

I'll add that if someone doesn't do muscle testing on you, regardless of being a chiro or PT, you will likely never be healthy. The "business model" of chiropractic mentioned above doesn't "fix" people for that reason and others.

I'm a neuromuscular therapist for 21yrs now. Highly recommend manual therapy, and personally go to my guy every 2wks, and have a great sports chiro that I see as needed. He's not just a back cracker, but does muscle testing to determine exact cause and impingement area.
Has kept me injury free
Yea TENS, and adjustment followed by deep tissue work does take a while to do but man it is restorative and preventative

I'm bumping this to add my .2 cents.

The short is, I threw my back out a few weeks ago. Ended up going to a chiro, got x rayed, and was told my lumbar vertebrae were essentially twisting right hip, inwards. This was causing pressure on nerves. Now, I know nothing about anatomy, I just saw my x-ray, and it made sense, as it was clearly looking like it was twisted. I decide to go with her treatments.

I've been going now twice a week, so 6 sessions in. I already feel loads better, not 100%, but I'm better than I was before, where I considered myself to actually be 100%. I did not realize how restricted I had been. I'm to the point now where I can actually wipe my ass with my left hand. I haven't been able to twist that way in YEARS, without pain. I considered it being a result of being right hand dominant, coupled with being a meathead. NOPE, I was just twisted up, and it was progressively getting worse.

I will say that I was skeptical at first, and after the second session I was considering going a different route. But thinking about it similar to a new workout program, or a new diet, I decided to stick with it to see where it gets me.

I'll be continuing her process to see how much more I can get out of my back and new found mobility. Once I get this lined out, I'll look into a good PT for long term maintenance.

Has kept me injury free

Can you expand on “muscle testing”? What does that entail?

Used to use one years ago for when my back would go out. It did help at the time. Now my back is truly fucked so no way I would go now. An ethical one wouldn’t touch me anyways.

Cage

I stopped going to one when I realised after two years I hadn’t had any real improvement. I purchased the supple leopard book and now do a daily mobility routine that takes about 10-15 minutes. Once you start mobility you realise that loosening one area potentially has a knock on effect for the next area and there is always somewhere to work on.

Just wondering how many of you guys go to the chiropractor just to help you with mild aches and pains and to help you stay a little more limber ? I started going a couple months ago and Man I will say I feel it’s helped me a lot already. I would get mild back pain and feel really tight in my muscles. For 50$ cash pay I feel you can’t beat it for the benefits. What’s y’all’s opinions?
I have a PT come to my house once a week to do mobility work on my back and hips along with Graston and cupping for recovery.

PS - I fucking wish it was only $50

In general, the spinal manipulation stuff on which the practice is centered seems like a bunch of baloney. The guy who invented the practice claims that the ghost of a doctor revealed this info to him “from the other world”—no lie, look it up. I’ve been to a few and it seems like the stuff they do that works is based on physical therapy, so I figure why not see a physical therapist and get the real deal.

THAT SAID: my mom had an elderly dog that was becoming incontinent. my mom took her to an animal chiropractor, a guy that would work on racehorses and stuff … it actually worked. The guy said that a leash attached to a collar can put a ton of pressure on the spine and it likely caused some nerve impingement in her case. She went from having a leaky bladder that she couldn’t control to fully continent again, and there’s no placebo effect in dogs. So I don’t know what the f*ck to think 😁

In response to the above, I've literally never had a physical therapist that fixed any issue any more effectively than a chiropractor. They do mostly the same things, and have the same level of degree. To shit on one and not the other is absurd. Furthermore I've seen probably 10-15 chiropractors in my life and have never had one try to sell me a package or tell me I had to keep coming back.

This is to such a degree that physical therapists are very often aligning things appropriately just like a chiro does.
I've always been referred to physical therapists over Chiropractors. I've been through a bakers dozen of Chiro's and only two of them were good, actually they were phenomenal. The rest of them have been complete garbage. The key is finding the right one which is easier said than done. Both of the guys I liked are no longer around unfortunately, one passed away and the other retired. I've heard insurance companies are trying to distance themselves from chiropractors. I know the way u file an insurance claim has drastically changed at least around here. Most want you to pay upfront and you have to file the insurance claim yourself to get reimbursed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131