over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

cholestrol free diet

blackrock

Registered
If I want to get moderate 170 g of protein from as low a source of cholestrol as possible, what are my options??

I know the vegan proteins but they taste like sand disgusting.

The only decent tasting source I can think of is egg white. but you can only eat so much a day.

Last edited:
turkey breast and tilapia are fairly low in cholesterol. I'm a real food nutrition source kind of person, so I dont know much about protein powders. Perhaps someone else can chime in about that option.
But you will be hard pressed to find real food sources that have zero cholesterol. Egg whites being the exception. The yolk does contain a good amount.

If I want to get moderate 170 g of protein from as low a source of cholestrol as possible, what are my options??

I know the vegan proteins but they taste like sand disgusting.

The only decent tasting source I can think of is egg white. but you can only eat so much a day.

Dietary cholesterol contributes very little to your actual cholesterol; most of it is made in the liver. I am not saying that diet does not contribute to your cholesterol as it has a huge impact; but it is not eating cholesterol that adversely effects it(sugar, processed food, etc.. are the main contributors).

Dietary cholesterol contributes very little to your actual cholesterol; most of it is made in the liver. I am not saying that diet does not contribute to your cholesterol as it has a huge impact; but it is not eating cholesterol that adversely effects it(sugar, processed food, etc.. are the main contributors).

you are right, there is the actual science and than there is bro science.

i never meant to say that I am going to pound tonns of sugars andc arbs in my food. its still going to be as boring as possible.

I just want to experiment with it and see if it has any negative impacts.

Do you know your baseline values? Try subbing out any sugars and anything processed in favor more complex carbs and whole foods, as has already been suggested. My father and grandfather both had remarkable total cholesterol reductions doing this because neither wanted to go on a statin. Turned out they didn't really need to.
Oh, and Sam's club and Costco both carry whey protein isolate brands that are considerably lower in cholesterol than most whey powders. And they're priced pretty well.

Last edited:
Eat less sugar. Healthy meats and eggs (high quality ones) aren't raising your cholesterol...

Last edited:
A diet rich in mono-insaturated fats (ala Mediterranean diet) will definitely help you to lower bad (ldl) cholesterol and therefore improve your ratio hdl/ldl.

EVOO, avocados, cashews, almonds.

Omega 3's fish oil caps will help too.

Of course, as already mentioned, lowering refined sugars and carbs in general is essential. And as Muscle96ss said, cholesterol in your diet doesn't necessarily translates to bad bloodwork... example: farm raised organic whole eggs whose yolks actually contain cholesterol but are a very healthy food when consumed liquid (don't boil them).

Glad to see you posting again.

A diet rich in mono-insaturated fats (ala Mediterranean diet) will definitely help you to lower bad (ldl) cholesterol and therefore improve your ratio hdl/ldl.

Of course, as already mentioned, lowering refined sugars and carbs in general is essential. And as Muscle96ss said, cholesterol in your diet doesn't necessarily translates to bad bloodwork... example: farm raised organic whole eggs whose yolks actually contain cholesterol but are a very healthy food when consumed liquid (don't boil them).

I have missed your contributions.

As someone who has been diagnosed with familai hypercholesterolemia, i can say non of this has ever helped me at all, eating avacados and almonds etc as u listed only made my cholesterol skyrocket, some of us have no choice but to go on a statin, believe me i dont want to but i no longer have a choice....

Good luck to u op, ive tried everything under the sun, my last ray of hope is curcumin resvertol and a few other thing ive been introduced to lately....

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

As someone who has been diagnosed with familai hypercholesterolemia, i can say non of this has ever helped me at all, eating avacados and almonds etc as u listed only made my cholesterol skyrocket, some of us have no choice but to go on a statin, believe me i dont want to but i no longer have a choice....

Good luck to u op, ive tried everything under the sun, my last ray of hope is curcumin resvertol and a few other thing ive been introduced to lately....

The human body is an incredible machine and works on all kinds of different feedback loops. There is always a reason why your body is manufacturing excess cholesterol wether it be a hormone deficiency, diet related, or other circumstances. My personal belief is that it serves no purpose to poison the body into making less cholesterol. Not only have you done nothing to address the cause but you are damaging your mitochondria. I know you think that it is genetic and that you don't have any control over it, but you have more control than you think. I would recommend finding a functional medicine doctor in your area and see if he can help find the cause of the problem.

The human body is an incredible machine and works on all kinds of different feedback loops. There is always a reason why your body is manufacturing excess cholesterol wether it be a hormone deficiency, diet related, or other circumstances. My personal belief is that it serves no purpose to poison the body into making less cholesterol. Not only have you done nothing to address the cause but you are damaging your mitochondria. I know you think that it is genetic and that you don't have any control over it, but you have more control than you think. I would recommend finding a functional medicine doctor in your area and see if he can help find the cause of the problem.

Yeah i currently see a hematologist but she wont go into cholesterol because i wasnt referred to her for it....yet! Who else can one see in order to get down to the reason as to y its happening? Id love to find the culprit but not sure who else to seek out besides a hematologist?

Thanks for the reply and yeah i dont want to jack up more crap to alleviate high cholesterol , id rather fix the problem than cover it up....

Knowing your ApoE allele genotype may help give understanding on food choices. Along with modulation of sex hormones/thyroid hormones in a physiological range helps for some.

Or wait and see how well the clinical outcomes on PCKS9 Inhibitors perform.

Be interested to hear Rex Feral's opinion, research may be on PCKS9 inhibitors.

High Cholesterol and the APOE Gene

example: farm raised organic whole eggs whose yolks actually contain cholesterol but are a very healthy food when consumed liquid (don't boil them).

Please could you add some detail to this.

Do you mean have them raw? And why specifically not boil?

Thanks

I think he means runny yolk?

That's what I meant! :)

Cooking eggs to the point they become hard boiled will denature the lipids originally found in yolks and make them much less attractive nutritionally wise, if any.

The same applies to vegetable oils btw... don't fry them but rather add them cold before serving a meal.

Have you tried phospholipids (phophatidylcholine, phosphatidylinositol, phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylethanolamine)?

Many studies have been led to prove their usefulness at not only improving cholesterol but also healing fatty/damaged livers.

Have you tried phospholipids (phophatidylcholine, phosphatidylinositol, phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylethanolamine)?

Many studies have been led to prove their usefulness at not only improving cholesterol but also healing fatty/damaged livers.

Can u tell me what supp has all these in it or can u purchase each separately? I am not aware of these much, read a little just not sure what to take in order to obtain the best amounts....thanks for the incite

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity