over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chronic tendonitis/joint issues

unfortunately most people with chronic elbow pain will throw away advice about ART or various soft tissue work and will instead just want to try to pop different pills and will never get better

sometimes things can't be solved by "taking something"

my 3 year problem that couldn't be resolved any other way was 90% better after 10 minutes

just go

Nothing beats ART it is amazing, go get it done.

Actually, I am working with a PT on ultrasound to the area. I am going to try the deep tissue massage to break up scar tissue also. I take NSAIDs, have done Medrol dose packs, have tried warm moist heat and ice... Have taken time off, etc.

It still hurts. I wear the brace the PT gave me. I wrap elbows, etc.

Right now, I am wanting to compete at some point. I am working hard at adding mass to my weak areas. I am training through the pain and regularly getting checked out by my ortho doc! Several of the serious bodybuilders in my gym have similar issues. They are large and strong guys that train through the pain. I realize that pain is part of it, I am just looking for alternatives to my current treatment that has not been very effective thus far.

I work in a therapy department, am in the medical field and am knowledgeable about treatments. I know they can help and I am working on these.

I am also interested in compounds to work adjunctively with the PT.

I appreciate all the input so far!! Thanks!!

Actually, I am working with a PT on ultrasound to the area. I am going to try the deep tissue massage to break up scar tissue also. I take NSAIDs, have done Medrol dose packs, have tried warm moist heat and ice... Have taken time off, etc.

It still hurts. I wear the brace the PT gave me. I wrap elbows, etc.

Right now, I am wanting to compete at some point. I am working hard at adding mass to my weak areas. I am training through the pain and regularly getting checked out by my ortho doc! Several of the serious bodybuilders in my gym have similar issues. They are large and strong guys that train through the pain. I realize that pain is part of it, I am just looking for alternatives to my current treatment that has not been very effective thus far.

I work in a therapy department, am in the medical field and am knowledgeable about treatments. I know they can help and I am working on these.

I am also interested in compounds to work adjunctively with the PT.

I appreciate all the input so far!! Thanks!!

What the big guys and a lot of pros won't tell you is that they need to shoot up with narcotics before each workout.(Nubain etc) The pain is so bad like yours that they need to in order to function in the gym. These guys are like cattle and it can't last forever doing that so be careful as these guys are using things you are not but in the long run will mess them up and in no way something you should do.

What the big guys and a lot of pros won't tell you is that they need to shoot up with narcotics before each workout.(Nubain etc) The pain is so bad like yours that they need to in order to function in the gym. These guys are like cattle and it can't last forever doing that so be careful as these guys are using things you are not but in the long run will mess them up and in no way something you should do.

Good point! I guess I was a little naive there! I won't go that route! Is ART covered by most insurance?

ULTRA SOUND DIDNT DO SHIT FOR ME. I WANTED THEM TO RUN IT AT LEAST 2.2 BUT THEY WOULDNT GO HIGHER THAN 1.2.

Good point! I guess I was a little naive there! I won't go that route! Is ART covered by most insurance?

I found a chiro in my area that does it. Most good insurance will pay for 12 chiro sessions a year so check it out.

I don't know what to add. My elbow been bothering for 2 years . I tried and you can maybe try follwoing Cissus, NSAIDS, DMSO, Cortisone inj., VOLETRAN topical antiinflammatory, acupuncture, ART, rolfing using a different mouse at work, etc etc and mine still bothers me. Had MRI and nothing was found, but orthopedic still want's to scope elbow because he thinks there are some loose bodies not picked up by the MRI. My elbow crunches and grinds and feels like tendinitis and MRI showed nothing :confused:

I haven't tried prolotherapy or Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy(blood spinning) those are other options also available that a lot people don't hear about. Maye one of those you could look into as well.

Last edited:
I don't know what to add. My elbow been bothering for 2 years . I tried and you can maybe try follwoing Cissus, NSAIDS, DMSO, Cortisone inj., VOLETRAN topical antiinflammatory, acupuncture, ART, rolfing using a different mouse at work, etc etc and mine still bothers me. Had MRI and nothing was found, but orthopedic still want's to scope elbow because he thinks there are some loose bodies not picked up by the MRI. My elbow crunches and grinds and feels like tendinitis and MRI showed nothing :confused:

I haven't tried prolotherapy or Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy(blood spinning) those are other options also available that a lot people don't hear about. Maye one of those you could look into as well.

My friend is a chiro and his partner who I am friends with too is the dr in his practice, he is about to start Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy and sounds VERY promising. Only thing is that it will cost out of pocket, not covered by insurance.

I'm in the same boat man, really bad tendonitis in my inner elbows. I have an appt. with PT on the 12th and I have a Chiropractor near by that does ART I'm going to try out. I'll post up on here what my results are.

My friend is a chiro and his partner who I am friends with too is the dr in his practice, he is about to start Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy and sounds VERY promising. Only thing is that it will cost out of pocket, not covered by insurance.

My insurance will cover it, but I don't have recommendations for it yet. Covers prolotherapy as well with recommendations for that treatment. I know most don't though, but I pay for the best plan. I have unlimited chiropractic visits with NO copay. I go 2 x week for the past 6 years as well as the wife since she is on the plan.

The orthopedic I go to does Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy. I asked if I could try it, but said he would not recommended it he wants to scope me. Probably lot more money to be made scoping me than having Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy.

Last edited:
Anthem Prolotherapy Billing

**broken link removed**

Prolotherapy

Many claims for prolotherapy are billed with incorrect codes.
The correct procedure code to report prolotherapy, also
known as joint sclerotherapy or reconstructive ligament
therapy, is M0076.
Prolotherapy should not be reported using
procedure and HCPCS codes J4390, 20550, 20551, 20552
20553 and 20555.

Prolotherapy is considered an investigational procedure by
Anthem Medical Policy. Prolotherapy is proposed to stimulate
the production of new ligament tissue by causing a controlled
injury to a specific target area with the ultimate goal of
strengthening the structure. This is usually done by injecting
the ligament with any one of several different chemicals,
usually referred to as proliferatives or sclerosing agents.
Some of the proliferative agents used include zinc sulfate,
psyllium seed oil, hypertonic glucose, and phenol or carbolic
acid, which may be mixed with glycerol. Proliferatives are
purported to act as inflammatory agents that cause minor
injury to the ligament and, in theory, initiate the first step in
the strengthening process.

my ins authorized 20 visits per year for ART but i had to pay a 500 deductible instead of tnoe normal 250 and then i had to pay 65 per visit.so idk it might had been better for me to just go and pay out of pocket,but it dont matter it was worth,like some else said,i improved after the 1st visit and it only got better from there and i kept working out during treatment as a matter of fact i was able to increase intensity.

PT consult

I just got a PT consult. Have my first appt. tomorrow! I asked about deep tissue massage to break up scar tissue and ultrasound. I wouldn't mind exploring iontophoresis which is basically a technique using a small electric charge to deliver a medicine or other chemical through the skin. Basically an injection without the needle. They can use chemicals such as corticosteroids to help with the inflammation and basically just shoot it right into the area without the needle.

I think I am gonna lay off direct work as well for a little bit. No more skull crushers for a while or seated dumbell triceps extensions.

Even biceps curls have been flaming the area up. We'll see, maybe I will actually listen to the educated professional this time and see how that does me.:D

yes rest the area. i cant do any pulling motions or curls at all. before i went to the doc i noticed if i did very light curls and gradually moved up in weight once the bicep was fully pumped i had no pain at all and could do a full workout. (problem) i was doing more damage.

Definitely prolotherapy!! Always works. Had it done many times. Find a good doctor who know's what he's doing or it will not work. I've had 100% recovery with zero pain within just a few weeks after the treatment. Depends on how bad the damage is as to how long it takes to feel better. You may have to have more than one treatment. Best thing you can do.

Ibuprofen will only get rid of some of the pain and stop the healing. Don't use it. It does nothing good for the injury.

I just got a PT consult. Have my first appt. tomorrow! I asked about deep tissue massage to break up scar tissue and ultrasound. I wouldn't mind exploring iontophoresis which is basically a technique using a small electric charge to deliver a medicine or other chemical through the skin. Basically an injection without the needle. They can use chemicals such as corticosteroids to help with the inflammation and basically just shoot it right into the area without the needle.

I think I am gonna lay off direct work as well for a little bit. No more skull crushers for a while or seated dumbell triceps extensions.

Even biceps curls have been flaming the area up. We'll see, maybe I will actually listen to the educated professional this time and see how that does me.:D

Have you gotten an MRI? I have issued with both Ulnar Nerves and your symptoms and exercises that aggravate it sound just like what bothers mine.

Have you gotten an MRI? I have issued with both Ulnar Nerves and your symptoms and exercises that aggravate it sound just like what bothers mine.

I haven't had an MRI of the elbow. I did of the shoulder and they found some rotator cuff issues, they said it looked like at one time I had a small partial tear. They also said I had some impingement issues.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws