over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

close grip bench for triceps

fixed form and painless! thanks for the tips and pointers guys, Yea i also started doing my skulls a little different i push out at a 45 degree angle rather than straight up and it isolates my tris a lot more, I got that off the FST_7 Defined dvd pretty useful but it was more of just a breif overview of what fst-7 is. SO far I love the program and am hitting every muscle tremendously.

Incline CGBP is great as well. I "feel" that movement better than on the flat bench.

I have been doing heavy close grip for about the past 6 months straight. I have used them before but I am really putting them as my primary tri exercise it has made3 a huge difference the tri is starting to blow right out, big mass gains for 6months anyway.

Like was mentioned keep the weight low and the hand dont let your wrist bend back I use a reg grip (no suicide grip) as I find it difficult on this exercise to keep a solid grip on the bar using it. I go about shoulder width maybe a hair closer and keep my elbows tucked (not flared out) think power lifting technique and you will not have any problems if you do this

One big mistake I see people making is they try to go too close its not necessary.

well im 6'6 and my thumbs are 4in apart when i do my CGBP, i also like to vary it up with decline cg's as well, just go where u feel comfortable, there isnt a right or wrong way, if it hurts then dont do it. seems pretty cut n dry to me

frk

bump

Use the inside, narrow grip
position on a E-Z curl bar.
This is a vey confortable
hand position for me. I'll
see if I can find a foto . . .

Bump what ALFRESCO said. The EZ bar is definitely MUCH better than a straight bar. I also feel the tricep working much harder with the EZ bar.
You should be able to get 315 lbs on that thing, not sure about 375 though...

hey NESS, do you actually hit 375 with the close grip...???!!! :confused: :eek:

Last edited:
Try this . If you have a decline bench with no uprights . Use an ez curl bar
you will need a partner to hand it to you. go elbows out. you will find a nice
natural groove. When I did this I would do them at the end of a tri w/o
so I would not need really heavy wt. these were after lying tri exts
and I would go fairly heavy on those 250 -275 lbs. the decline elbow out closegrips were a really great outer head thickener.doing the heavy extensions first allowed the decline close grips to be fairly light(315lbs)

Incline CGBP is great as well. I "feel" that movement better than on the flat bench.

For sure. Another great one is the close grip military press with the easy curl bar.

Id pay to see that. lol.

375 is not that extreme on close-grip benching. My only question is, why reduce the weight(315)?? If done properly this is one of the few exercises i can go heavy with and not feel it in my joints.

375 is not that extreme on close-grip benching.

:eek:

Really? :confused: Please film one of your tri's workouts, cause that's something I'd love to see... 375 lbs for 10-12 clean reps with your hands about 10 inches apart...

You must be one helluva strong dude. :cool:

375 for cgbp done clean is a shitload of weight...I can bench 405 x 5 clean and wouldnt even be able to get 1 rep with 375 on a tricep only press...something sounds fishy.

Really? Please film one of your tri's workouts, cause that's something I'd love to see... 375 lbs for 10-12 clean reps with your hands about 10 inches apart...

You must be one helluva strong dude.

===============

is this amazing or something?
theres several of us at my gym that do this on the regular.
not bragging here, just wondering
frk

is this amazing or something?
theres several of us at my gym that do this on the regular.
not bragging here, just wondering
frk

C'mon bro... read your sig... "2003 APF powerlifting champ"!!! :eek: If memory serves you're 6'6" and around 350lbs... and train purely for power, which must also be the case of most of these gym buddies you're speaking of.

So please do NOT compare you and your training partners to regular BODYBUILDERS... much shorter and lighter than you at that! :eek:

375 lbs close grip for 12 reps may be light for you, but trust me, for someone wishing to keep their bf below 10% and for whom insane strenght gains are not the priority, that's a fucking lot of weight.

That or I'm a pussy. Well that could very well be the case... :( :p ;)

lol touche
but im doin these now in DC style, so im considering myself a pseudo BBR lol
and now i digress

frk

i do close grips on a smith machine this way you can really focus on the tri-cep...just a thought

smith machine for me also this way i can do reserve grip or whatever i want and i can still focus on intensity.

well im 6'6 and my thumbs are 4in apart when i do my CGBP, i also like to vary it up with decline cg's as well, just go where u feel comfortable, there isnt a right or wrong way, if it hurts then dont do it. seems pretty cut n dry to me

frk

Do you increase the load on decline cg's vs flat?

Well ill tell you guys one thing. I stick with 315 now on close grip. The most i ever did was about 13-14 and im 230. I have done 375 for about 7 clean reps at about 235lbs. I can still do them now but i dont. U dont have to be a powerlifter to do that. Yes it is alot. But if i was a 300lb powerlifter or bodybuilder 500lb close grips would be nothing. Without a bench shirt.

i love the "if i "was comments, they make me laugh
hey if i was 400+lb id be able to bench a grand, or if i took what jay n big ron take id be mr olympia too. and to squash ur myth or being 300 and CG 500 without a problem, i was 330 benched 625raw and CG'd 505x5. and it was no easy task.

and yes my bar weight does go up slightly on dec CG buddy. and so does my blood pressure lol
frk

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner