over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coconut Oil

and coconut oil bcomes a liquid at something like 80 degrees. the saturated fat in it makes it solidify when it gets cooler

I was at Walmart tonight and saw two brands of coconut oil. One was an all organic brand, $6.28 for a 14oz jar. The other was Louana pure coconut oil, $5.98 for a 31oz tub.

I bought the Louana, because I'm cheap. When it's gone I'll give the organic one shot. Can't wait to cook with this stuff!

I use Louana. I like it. Really good to rub on sweet potatoes before you bake them. Makes the skin really soft

I'm pretty sure Louana is REFINED coconut oil, at least in the stores around my town it is. For all the health benefits you need UNrefined.

==============================================

Refined coconut oil – which is generally what you’ll see in stores – is made from copra, the dried meat of the coconut. However, because the process of drying the coconut is somewhat unsanitary – it includes laying them out in the sun, putting them in a kiln, or smoking them – the oil is inedible, and is therefore required to undergo a refinement process that includes some combination of using high heat to deodorize the oil, filtering the oil through bleaching clays, adding sodium hydroxide to remove impurities and prolong shelf-life, or performing some kind of hydrogenation or partial-hydrogenation process. In industry terms refined coconut oil is RBD – refined, bleached, deodorized.

The choice is clear – steer clear of the refined stuff and stick with organic virgin coconut oil.

Read more: Coconut Oil Health Benefits | Mark's Daily Apple

I've been cooking everything with coconut oil for years now, good stuff. Once you acquire a taste for it it's hard to go back to cooking with olive oil for most things.

update on deals, I just made a purchase on amazon for 2 54oz containers of nutiva coconut oil for 44.25, shipping was free,thats a pretty good deal.

This stuff isn't so cheap in the UK sadly. I swear by it though. Organic virgin coconut oil. I pay the equivalent of about $22 for 1.2kg of it (3x 400g jars).

I got mine directly from Wilderness Family Naturals. I like the virgin cold pressed the best. It has a hint of coconut flavor and I agree with everyone else, really good eggs, especially if you scramble them and use farm fresh eggs.

I got mine directly from Wilderness Family Naturals. I like the virgin cold pressed the best. It has a hint of coconut flavor and I agree with everyone else, really good eggs, especially if you scramble them and use farm fresh eggs.

Theirs is good but I think tropical traditions is better/higher quality.

Theirs is good but I think tropical traditions is better/higher quality.

Maybe I'll give them a try after I get done with this batch. I ended up ordering a case of 6 64fl oz jars last time, so it will last a while.

Maybe I'll give them a try after I get done with this batch. I ended up ordering a case of 6 64fl oz jars last time, so it will last a while.

Lol. Yeah that's quite a bit. I buy a gallon of coconut oil and red palm oil at a time from tropical traditions. Definitely worth a try.

Red palm oil is just nasty. Cant get used to the flavor

Oh man. I absolutely love that stuff. Very earthy, robust taste. I think it's delicious!

Oh man. I absolutely love that stuff. Very earthy, robust taste. I think it's delicious!

Do you incorporate in any other ways besides a bit of it on eggs?

Do you incorporate in any other ways besides a bit of it on eggs?

I love adding a few TBSPs to a bowl of chili, gives it a great depth of flavor.
Plantains fried in RPO with a little sea salt.
Works great as a salad dressing with some vinegar (I like balsamic), ginger, s&p, dash of cayenne.
On top of a sweet potato (the same way you would use butter)
I think it goes pretty well with mild fish (flounder, halibut, cod, etc)
Honestly, I've grown so fond of the taste that I've been known to just eat a teaspoon straight out of the jar, lol.

If you want some more "recipe-like" ways to use it search for African, SE Asian or Brazilian cuisine, they all use it a lot.

This stuff is the shit to cook with,man wish i would have started using long ago,eggs,rice,whatever. What are you guys paying for it? I am paying $21.00 for 29oz.Nutiva organic extra virigin coconut oil.

$24 for Nutiva 54 oz. @ Vitacost. Costco & Sam's club have similar deals.

$24 for Nutiva 54 oz. @ Vitacost. Costco & Sam's club have similar deals.

yeah bro I have since moved on from paying that price, I got a good deal on amazon for a twin pack of 54oz containers for 44.00 with free shipping, could not find that deal on there again, so my wife got a deal from an online site that I cant remember right now, it was for 3 54oz containers for 75.00 with free shipping.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws