over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cream of Rice

Brock456

Registered
Newbies
I know I’m probably in the minority here, but is there any way to make this stuff good?

I know it’s a staple in almost every body builders diet.

I have the brown sugar and cinnamon but it just taste like sand to me. Any way to make it better?

Peanut butter and salt for me
Do you put the peanut butter in after it’s made?

Also what is best way to make it?

I’ve been doing in microwave as directions say, 1 min, stir, then another 30-45 stir.
Sometimes if I do it too long it’s like dried out sand.
Not enough time and it’s like soup…. Can’t get it just right…

I only dry measure the cream or rice. Add enough water, stir then microwave for a minute. Stir and micro 10-15 more seconds. As soon as it starts to thicken I take it out and add 1 tablespoon on and 1/2 teaspoon salt

Splenda + Cinnamon + True Nutrition flavoring + SF chocolate syrup

I add splenda & salt before cooking and cinnamon after cooking.

I mix 1 scoop protein with the COR, add water, salt and boil on the stove. Just before it is fully cooked, I mix in 1 cup of egg whites. Once cooked I top with berries and cinnamon.

You put this on it after it’s finished?
I have cinnamon protein powder I want to add to it too.
MOST of the time i was flavoring with whatever my whey was AFTER it was done cooking.
But wanted to use something other then whey... so went with that concoction.

ALWAYS after. Microwave for 90 seconds - 2 mins, stir...then 30-40 second increments after that. Microwave, stir the clumps out, over and over again.

I know I’m probably in the minority here, but is there any way to make this stuff good?

I know it’s a staple in almost every body builders diet.

I have the brown sugar and cinnamon but it just taste like sand to me. Any way to make it better?
Add a bit of KerryGold butter once it's cooked with the other stuff.

Peanut butter, splenda, and a little chocolate syrup
Or in a blender with a crunchy ganola bar, with a frozen banana and a little water and ice, add favorite protein if needed

MOST of the time i was flavoring with whatever my whey was AFTER it was done cooking.
But wanted to use something other then whey... so went with that concoction.

ALWAYS after. Microwave for 90 seconds - 2 mins, stir...then 30-40 second increments after that. Microwave, stir the clumps out, over and over again.
Cream of rice preparation level: expert

This guy knows the game

Taste is freaking incredible, texture is better than any other COR ive had. 1lb is 23.99, so no the cheapest. But so worth it as it makes it much more enjoyable to eat and can be eaten all the way til show day.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup water
  • ¼ cup cream of rice 45 grams
  • ¾ cup egg whites 184 grams
  • dash of vanilla extract
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
  • sprinkle of salt
  • 1 ½ tsp pepitas 3.5 grams
  • 1 tbls Walden Farms sugar free syrup

INSTRUCTIONS

• Heat a small 8” skillet over medium/high heat with 1 cup of water in it. Once the water comes to a light boil (bubbles forming at the bottom) add in the cream of rice and stir with rubber scraper for about a minute to cook. Throughout steps 1 and 2 stir often and move quickly as this recipe comes together in no time.
  • Add in the egg whites, vanilla extract, and nutmeg and cook for another 1-2 minutes stirring constantly to cook the eggs in with the cereal. Once there is no longer visible egg liquid in the skillet and it is one combined texture the eggs are done.
  • Put into serving bowl and top with cinnamon, salt, pepitas, and Walden Farms syrup.

Want some other ideas for swapping out the toppings?

Fats: unsweetened shredded coconut, nut butter, cacao nibs, chopped nuts/seeds, 1 tbls butter…

Carbs (be mindful of stacking carbs on top of the carb based meal): diced fruit such as apples, bananas, pomegranate seeds, sugar free preserves, honey…

Flavorings: coconut extract, lemon extract, butter extract, pumpkin spice, Walden Farms Caramel Dip, stevia…

Taste is freaking incredible, texture is better than any other COR ive had. 1lb is 23.99, so no the cheapest. But so worth it as it makes it much more enjoyable to eat and can be eaten all the way til show day.
I’m seeing 24oz. Still expensive 🙁

What makes this ‘special’ for you?

And does anybody eat steel cut oats anymore?

I actually tried this before. I got the Fudge Brownie. I was a little disappointed, didn’t taste anything like brownie….

I’m currently using Rice of Grinds….

Maybe it’s just me though….

Appreciate everyone’s input

Sugar free coffee creamers. The same goes for protein drinks. It doesn't take much to make things taste delicious! My favorite is International Delight's Sugar Free Caramel Macchiato. Taste a little bit on a spoon, it's like vanilla ice cream and caramel...amazing!!

Do any of you use the Cream of Rice from Walmart? I was asking because I noticed that on the nutrition label, it has 12.6mg of Iron for one serving which says that's 70% of recommended daily value. Would you worry about taking two servings for a total of 15.1mg of Iron? I know that the rice-n-grinds only has like .5mg of iron per serving, but it's a bit more expensive. I've not eaten cream of rice regularly enough to look at my bloodwork to see if its affected.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear