over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

creatine

cb11mass

Registered
My girlfriend went to get some creatine from the nutrition store today... So the guy tells her men should have 5, 5g servings a day so total 25 and women should have three servings for a total of 15. Now I have always been under the impresion thats not necessary unless your a Ruhl taking 50g a day. Any opinions?

As a general rule:

"The Loading Phase - The loading phase consists of 5 days where the body will be loaded with approximately .3 grams of creatine per kilogram of bodyweight. It is strongly recommended to split the dosages up into 4 or 5 times per day and take each dosage with roughly 16 ounces of water. Taking a large amount of creatine at the same time can put extra strain on the kidneys, plus most of it won't even be assimilated - it will just be eliminated from the body through urine. A more specific guideline for taking creatine can be found at Dr. Alfredo Franco-Obregon's creatine calculator. Do not load for more than five days consistantly.

After completing the loading phase, one should take a maintenance dosage everyday equal to about .03 grams of creatine per kilogram of bodyweight. Continue this for one month, then stop supplementation for one month to allow for a "wash-out" phase. Afterwards, repeat the loading phase and mainentance as described above. Since the maintenance dosage is only taken once per day, it is generally recommended to take it with or after a meal. This will cause insulin to be released which will help to "shuttle" creatine into the muscle cells."

You'll have to do your own math on the conversion... I'm lazy and I have no idea what you weigh, in lbs. or kg.

Of course he wants you to take more... he needs the comission money... or he wants your gf to come in more so he can check out her sweet ass! :D

I am very thankful to this place as I already had my preliminary query answered here and now seeing this thread on creatine I could not help asking another. Actually my friend once told me to avoid this thing as it can lead to undesirable side effects. But in different fitness discussion places I come to see the same again and again with people confusing me again with their mixed opinions. So please tell me if this depends largely on the build of the person and the reason for which he/she is intending to take creatine.

I am very thankful to this place as I already had my preliminary query answered here and now seeing this thread on creatine I could not help asking another. Actually my friend once told me to avoid this thing as it can lead to undesirable side effects. But in different fitness discussion places I come to see the same again and again with people confusing me again with their mixed opinions. So please tell me if this depends largely on the build of the person and the reason for which he/she is intending to take creatine.
I do not know what undesirable side effects your friend is referring to but creatine has been around a long time and is widely used in all forms of sport, not just bbing. Creatine is safe and can be an effective training aid. The above post about loading and then maitainence dose is good.

not to hijack this.. but a co-worker won't let his 16 year old son take creatine as he's "worried it will affect his development"

he asked me my thoughts and I just didn't know (told him that too)

anyone here have any information on creatine and teens?

My girlfriend went to get some creatine from the nutrition store today... So the guy tells her men should have 5, 5g servings a day so total 25 and women should have three servings for a total of 15. Now I have always been under the impresion thats not necessary unless your a Ruhl taking 50g a day. Any opinions?

Crealkalyn is better.

not to hijack this.. but a co-worker won't let his 16 year old son take creatine as he's "worried it will affect his development"

he asked me my thoughts and I just didn't know (told him that too)

anyone here have any information on creatine and teens?
What we have here is a result of mass hysteria from the medias' perversion of the AAS debarcle. Creatine will not hinder his growth or developement. Creatine is an amino found in our bodies. Supplementing with it will only increase levels and help athletic performance. He needs to do some serious research before he makes a knee jerk reaction like that. His comments are based purely around media hype and myth. Creatine does not cause kidney problems. It is not recommended for those that have exsisting Kidney probs or diesease. Make sure you drink plenty of water while using creatine as this help to circulate it to the muscle for use. Also staying well hydrated is a good idea for optimal health and athletic performance.

oldfella, they're talking about the elevated creatinine levels which is all just bullshit. This stuff has been studied TO DEATH!!! Not only is it harmless, it is definitely bemeficial in increasing you performance. Is it a wonder supplement? In that respect, yeah, it sort of is. As long as you remember to stay properly hydrated (which you should be doing anyway), it is harmless. The only problems are secondary to existing conditions like if you have high blood pressure, it may increase you blood pressure. Or if you are prone to stomach and intestinal upset, than it can cause some bloating and the shits. The above dosing schedule may be fine but it only applies to creatine monohydrate or CM. There are other forms that may be better and require less or no loading.

creatine ethyl ester
creatine monohydrate (USP, micronized, effervescent, etc.)
kre-alkalyn (what I use)
creatine gluconate
creatine maleate
potassium creatine
calcium creatine
sodium creatine
creatine phosphate
cyclocreatine
creatine phosphorenolpyruvate
creatine succinate
creatine formate
creatine citrate
creatine fumarate
creatine tartrate
creatine ascorbate

This is probably just going to make everything more confusing but the point is, is that it's safe, it works, and it's cheap.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear