over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Curcumin: Overhyped trend?

I don't believe oral works too well, but maybe you guys are getting 1% absorption....1% of 1000mg or whatever people take a day is still something worthwhile.

Transdermal feels like we're getting about 30%....I kick my dosage up to 1g/week and its anabolic/analgesic..... but the dosage is obviously much larger than taking 60mg/day IM..... :banghead:

cool thing about the transdermal is that you can use it like a pre-workout, its a pretty sweet rush of energy as the absorption rate is much faster.

But my question is how do we know for a fact that it's actually curcumin? We are just going by someone's word. Yes people may "feel" more, but I have searched high and low for someone to post bloodwork after taking it and haven't found a single person who has. I just need more proof.

Excellent question man! its something I have wondered also.

what kind of bloodwork would you like to see? I know I am injecting curcumin because I make it myself from 99.9% pure raws from a reputable manufacturer in California.

If you know of a lab that tests blood to determine curcumin content then please let me know, I'll pay for both you and my tests in a heartbeat so we can put the matter to rest. :)

Last edited:
Excellent question man! its something I have wondered also.

what kind of bloodwork would you like to see? I know I am injecting curcumin because I make it myself from 99.9% pure raws from a reputable manufacturer in California.

If you know of a lab that tests blood to determine curcumin content then please let me know, I'll pay for both you and my tests in a heartbeat so we can put the matter to rest. :)

Well that is also a good question. CRP seems to be the main one you should able to see a difference in. With all the other benefits that turmeric has shown, it's still a little unclear what should be improving on bloodwork. Seems like maybe everything should be.

CRP is a good candidate....I'd rather determine blood levels of curcumin and tetrahydrocurcumin but a clear reduction in CRP from a baseline reading (need to find somebody using no NSAIDs, no curcumin oral or IM/TD, or any other anti-inflammatory drugs) after administering curcumin would be a good signal its working, I agree.

I have been searching high and low for a lab that would test blood and determine how much curcumin is in the bloodstream that way....that would be a real nice definitive sign, because my understanding is that curcumin doesn't get past the stomach/intestinal lining when taken orally (or rather 99.9% does not a small percentage slips in but not a meaningful amount).

I'm on high dose curcumin so while I would love to see a low CRP reading, I think it would be useless to determine that the curc is working....you (would rightly) say perhaps I just have a low CRP naturally.

Last edited:
Just like steroids, It goes back to trusting and knowing your source.

Ak

All guys I know, not one takes the CURCUMIN by itself, All either use with RES or RES and Ptero, the results of blood work caused by which or by combo who knows. Sorry it doesnt help more.

Ak

But my question is how do we know for a fact that it's actually curcumin? We are just going by someone's word. Yes people may "feel" more, but I have searched high and low for someone to post bloodwork after taking it and haven't found a single person who has. I just need more proof.

Yes, can we get a weblink to a reputable source. There are too many if u google it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like steroids, It goes back to trusting and knowing your source.

Ak

My take is this:

Unless it gets tested by a third party to confirm it's really curcumin or it dramatically improves one's health (which curcumin SHOULD do), I don't care about the slightly improved anabolic effects.

This may not mean much, but let's not forget a member (ajdos RIP) here who died of a heart attack was taking close to a gram of injectable curcumin a week.

Last edited:
Liked AJDOS alot miss the doood.

I know its said to be cardio protective but to what extent who knows. Will it make up for the years of extreme abuse some of us have put ourselves thru .....doubtful. I like the aesthetic effects and the way I feel taking them all .

By all means have it tested, Im sure I can dig up an old bottle for that purpose.

Ak

is there interest in a curcumin transdermal (spray) product? Or are people just interested in IM formulations?

what if you could customize levels of curc/res/ptero/UA in the spray according to what you are after? Would that be even more interesting?

Curcumin

I work for a store that selld many brands of curcumin,the store is everywhere well known,health grocery chain.When i comes 2 curcumin i have 4 to 5 bottles here,the 1 of currently using deff.seems 2 be working with my rec.from the gym all my back achs recover instantly.so for myself and the specific brands if curcumin ive recc.for customers there very happy as well as i am with my brand im using.

My opinion..its probably just a big waste of time and money. Theres people in their 70's walking around fat and drink/smoke on a regular basis..never take health supplements in their life.

Here we are..most of us on here, workout, eat a preatty healthy well balanced diet and we invest so much money (accumatively) year after year on health supplements thinking they are going to keep us healthier and extend life.

I think of guys like Ajos, Queefer, Chode Logan etc. And think whats the point!? Will Curcumin etc. Etc. Really do much.

My opinion..its probably just a big waste of time and money. Theres people in their 70's walking around fat and drink/smoke on a regular basis..never take health supplements in their life.

Here we are..most of us on here, workout, eat a preatty healthy well balanced diet and we invest so much money (accumatively) year after year on health supplements thinking they are going to keep us healthier and extend life.

I think of guys like Ajos, Queefer, Chode Logan etc. And think whats the point!? Will Curcumin etc. Etc. Really do much.

Out of the guys you mentioned, Only Taylor (Chode) seemed to be diligent when it came to health supplements. Sure, ajdos took a lot of injectable curcumin (was it really though?) towards the tail end of his life.

You make it sound like we are just taking a whole bunch of pills, holding our breath, and hoping to live to 100.

That's not how it works. We take what has been researched to help for whatever health area we want to improve and monitor our health through improvements in bloodwork and other tests. In other words, we are in control as long as we know what we are doing.

Last edited:
This may not mean much, but let's not forget a member (ajdos RIP) here who died of a heart attack was taking close to a gram of injectable curcumin a week.

Ajdos was a good guy but he also ran cycles as high as 15000mg/ week when he was younger, and ran close to 3 grams of tren in some of his cycles. All the circumin in the world won't protect your heart from cycles like that.

Ajdos was a good guy but he also ran cycles as high as 15000mg/ week when he was younger, and ran close to 3 grams of tren in some of his cycles. All the circumin in the world won't protect your heart from cycles like that.

You're more than likely right, but still worth mentioning.

NotH you keep asking was it really, Do you have a valid reason to sat its not?

Sounds to me like your trying to say that if one takes INJ CUR you should be able use and abuse and be fine. Again as much as I would like that its just not realistic.

I would take the benefits of RES and Ptero over Curcumin.
Ak

^ agree completely, its unrealistic to think its like a bullet proof vest against the side effects of AAS. AAS can still kill you. Other than protecting against some of the negatives one of the things I really like about using curc/res...I use less anabolic androgens to get done what I need to, so this further protects me from negative consequences of those drugs.

One thing about res and ptero that I and many others around me have used it say, you have to watch out to control dosage because if you push dosage too high it can mess with your sleep. On a moderate dose I don't notice this at all, and others around me agree. But when pushing dosage (three candidates using the spray come to mind) they all said their sleep was disrupted. But they kept using it before dropping dose because they all noticed fatloss and increased vascularity, big time. This was at 1g+/week transdermal and I noticed it at 600mg/week IM too.

Res is potent as fuck when taken the correct way in a safe formulation :eek:

Exactly Lets not down play the fact that most people are here on PM for the aesthetic effect that products that sponsors offer here produce.

Aak

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner