over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dessicated Liver Tablets

bluto

Registered
Do many guys out therte still use these for thier Amino Acid Supplementaion?

It seems to me they have all the Aminos in the right ratios plus the detoxifying effects and increase in Red Blood Cells.

I have read alot of oldschool Bodybuilders used them in Large Quantities with and between meals to great effect.

Or have they simply become outdated by Super Amino Formulations, LBA's. Whey Protein Isolate Shakes etc etc

Hey Bluto, im not 100% sure about others, but I looked into using Liver Tabs before trying the LBA's, the one thing I found was that most Liver tabs also contained Iron, Now in most healthy people this is fine, BUT one person in approx 250 has a condition called Haemochromatosis, which means that iron will continue to build up in the body tissues, especially in the Liver, Pancreas and the Heart, which leads to Cirrhosis, Diabetes and Heart failure. Unfortunatly only a special blood test can confirm the presence or absence of Haemochromatosis, so to include Iron in any supplement could potentially kill or maim one person in 250, (this include Multi vitamins as well.)
Some people do need extra Iron (for anemia), but it should be taken as a separate tablet and only after a blood test has confirmed that there is a need.

Trust me dude, you can't beat the LBA's.

tried them years ago

constipated the hell out of me

Iron in Liver Tablets

Hey Bluto, im not 100% sure about others, but I looked into using Liver Tabs before trying the LBA's, the one thing I found was that most Liver tabs also contained Iron, Now in most healthy people this is fine, BUT one person in approx 250 has a condition called Haemochromatosis, which means that iron will continue to build up in the body tissues, especially in the Liver, Pancreas and the Heart, which leads to Cirrhosis, Diabetes and Heart failure. Unfortunatly only a special blood test can confirm the presence or absence of Haemochromatosis, so to include Iron in any supplement could potentially kill or maim one person in 250, (this include Multi vitamins as well.)
Some people do need extra Iron (for anemia), but it should be taken as a separate tablet and only after a blood test has confirmed that there is a need.

I read that too but also read that:

"Desiccated liver is a natural source of iron. Supplementing with too much synthetic iron can result in an iron overdose. Overdosing with synthetic iron can result in death. With natural sources of iron, overdose is almost never likely to occur, even in individuals who consume large quantities of red meat."

Liquid Beef Aminos sound really good, but would have to get them shipped international as there isnt any suppliers here in New Zealand. There are a few Different brands selling Liver Tablets here for a good price.

I myself am a big fan of the LBA's. I do not believe that natural sources of iron build up the exact same way as iron from say a multi vitamin....

Used these back in the late 70's...

and early eighties. Knowledge was much harder to come by. Drank milk by the gallons, protein powders pretty much sucked, I also took bee pollen tablets at about the same time. I played fball at a D1 school and most of my information came from other meatheads or a couple of guys who had made the past. I personally feel that there are better products out there now, more complete and the added expense is unecessary with the availability of other products. I haven't taken them in twenty years.

Pekkerwood

I used these back in the early 80's. Personally I could not tell any great benefit. These days with my TRT, my RBC and iron levels are borderline too high anyway so I do not look for ways to increase those levels even more. I even take a multi vitiman without added iron. I am very happy with Phil's LBA's.

I took a ton of these back in the early 1990's when
Parillo was pushing them, and they gave me very bad gas.
Never really noticed much from them, as it was recomended one take them when dieting etc etc.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws