advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

dietary fat and bulking : how high u go ? how high is ok ?

mike1107

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
just wondering .... I go up to around 150 (yolks, beef ...)

what about u ?

You go about the same amount as I do. Sometimes I push it a bit higher if I go lower carb or something for that particular day, but that sounds on point.

just wondering .... I go up to around 150 (yolks, beef ...)

what about u ?
Sounds reasonable, you monster. Yes i would go around 1000 cals from good fats p/day. Most of the other cals come from protein and moderate amount of carbs. Eggs, flax oil, extra virgin olive oil.....etc.

yeah ... I was wondering cause in fact I tend to react good on high fat diet (I do well on keto diet) so I was wondering if I would go up to 200 grams of fat/day and adjust by eating A LOT less carbs (but keep same amount of calories), how it would make me feel and look ... fat ass or same bf ? :confused:

yeah ... I was wondering cause in fact I tend to react good on high fat diet (I do well on keto diet) so I was wondering if I would go up to 200 grams of fat/day and adjust by eating A LOT less carbs (but keep same amount of calories), how it would make me feel and look ... fat ass or same bf ? :confused:
I think it is going to make you look awesome!! The fact that you will be consuming roughly the same number of cals will not lend you to getting fat. It is all about the composition of those calories. High protein and high fat, low carbs will get you lean and big as well!

It depends on your goals. If you want to add size can you really get to many calories? Come to think of it I am going to start guzzling oil myself.

I think it is going to make you look awesome!! The fact that you will be consuming roughly the same number of cals will not lend you to getting fat. It is all about the composition of those calories. High protein and high fat, low carbs will get you lean and big as well!

yes, exactly what I meant ! I'll adjust calories .. it's funny but since a hile now, I found that fat made me feel healthier than carbs ... skin is better, energy level ok and no tired feeling I get on high carb days ... due to slin pike surely (I'm really slin sensitive) ... I'll start my bulking mode in 1 week or so, it will be interesting to test on the long tun IMO

oldfella / brooklynBB do u like to use that kind of diet and rely more on fat than carbs ?

yes, exactly what I meant ! I'll adjust calories .. it's funny but since a hile now, I found that fat made me feel healthier than carbs ... skin is better, energy level ok and no tired feeling I get on high carb days ... due to slin pike surely (I'm really slin sensitive) ... I'll start my bulking mode in 1 week or so, it will be interesting to test on the long tun IMO

oldfella / brooklynBB do u like to use that kind of diet and rely more on fat than carbs ?
Yea, my carb intake is pretty low on a day to day basis. maybe 150-200gms. The rest is protein and good fats. I don't really count cals at the moment but after all these years I am pretty good in the kitchen with portions and such. Do you use LBA's? If not give these a go, with a high fat diet you will add size but not fat. In fact they will help lean you out as you get bigger!! I am convinced that for a good bulking phase you can use these and stay lean while you grow!!

well i dont know i may just be different but whenever i tried a high fat/high protein diet i put on fat a lot more than say a hi carb/hi pro/lower fat diet(maybe 100 g fat per day) .... i think it depends on the person though and people process fats and carbs different. Plus my metabolism slowed down when i did this and i have a very fast metabolism.

But heres my thought on it and im just throwing this out there. When in a calorie surplus and your fat is high and protein is high will result in you not being in ketosis. Unless you keep your protein low enough which i dont think thats what we are talking about staying in ketosis. So therefore with the lack of carbs GlucG will take over and wont use the fats for energy as like in a keto diet and will store more effectively.

But im interested to see how it goes for you everyone is different. How many carbs do you plan on taking in per day and are you going to use any high days/refeed days?

well i dont know i may just be different but whenever i tried a high fat/high protein diet i put on fat a lot more than say a hi carb/hi pro/lower fat diet(maybe 100 g fat per day) .... i think it depends on the person though and people process fats and carbs different. Plus my metabolism slowed down when i did this and i have a very fast metabolism.

But heres my thought on it and im just throwing this out there. When in a calorie surplus and your fat is high and protein is high will result in you not being in ketosis. Unless you keep your protein low enough which i dont think thats what we are talking about staying in ketosis. So therefore with the lack of carbs GlucG will take over and wont use the fats for energy as like in a keto diet and will store more effectively.

But im interested to see how it goes for you everyone is different. How many carbs do you plan on taking in per day and are you going to use any high days/refeed days?
MM, it takes a while for your body to adjust to a high protein, low carb and high fat diet. What types of fat were you eating? if only 100gm which is just under 1000cals you need to adjust the other numbers so you are not in overload caloricly. So if say you were eating 400gms protein 100gms of good fats that equates to 2500cals. add some carbs and you get 3000. Keep carbs down and adjust protein and you keep fat levels down. The fats must be good ones. from the omega groups.

MM, it takes a while for your body to adjust to a high protein, low carb and high fat diet. What types of fat were you eating? if only 100gm which is just under 1000cals you need to adjust the other numbers so you are not in overload caloricly. So if say you were eating 400gms protein 100gms of good fats that equates to 2500cals. add some carbs and you get 3000. Keep carbs down and adjust protein and you keep fat levels down. The fats must be good ones. from the omega groups.

oh no i was talking about how when i did a hi pro/hi fat diet i wouldnt stay as lean as a higher carb/hi pro diet.

i was going roughly 500 p/ 250 f / 50 c PWO (plus some trace carbs in there)
roughly 4500 cals and i would do a high day every 5th day with about 1500 carbs and drop the fat real low.

latley i have been going 500 p/ 500(low day)750(medium day)1600(high day) c / 100 f (real low fat on a high day which is twice a week)

4900 on a low day and 5900 medium , 8400 high day...... am i stayed a lot leaner in the past doing it this way.

All other variables were the same. I even did less cardio using the carb cycling approach.

My fat sources were always the normal ones... PB, red meat, eggs omega 3, olive oil.. ect.

I think its because my metabolism slows down from the lack of carbs and im no longer running hot. I also grew a lot better with the higher carb approach. I guess everyones different.

Yep, everyones different.

Personally, I feel I do far better on a higher fat & low carb diet.

Carbs have a tendency to bloat me out. I often feel very tired and just slow & sluggish when I eat them throughout the day.

On higher fat, I hold much less water under my skin, energy is better, more focus, less bloat. Just all round better.

THe only carbs I eat now are in the morning and PWO. EVery other meal is protein and fat (fish oil, milled flax, Extra virgin olive oil, caschew nuts, peanut butter, red meat, eggs). Of course, carbs from Vegetables and certain fruits (like berries) I regards as OK and eat with pretty much every meal (in reasonable amounts). I regards them as "free" carbs.

The only disadvantage I have found, however, is that my muscles feel less full. Particularly after 3-4 hard training sessions when glycogen is depleting a lot. So I will have a carb-up day during the week. IMO it helps a lot with keeping the muscles full for several days afterwards. On the carb-up day I only eat moderate carbs however, and dont go overboard. The carb-up day is also a training day.

Higher fat lower carb suits me a lot better.

CD

The only thing i didn't like about the keto diet when i did it was that my body would fall out of it quicklly, if my diet wasn't exact. But everyone is diffrent also. I grow from a good mix of fats, protien and carbs.

The only thing i didn't like about the keto diet when i did it was that my body would fall out of it quicklly, if my diet wasn't exact. But everyone is diffrent also. I grow from a good mix of fats, protien and carbs.

I had the same issue with the Keto diet when I first strarted, everyone i sdiffernt and I had to experiment with the fats I was consuming, I would like to think I know my body to a T now after amny trials when doing the keto diet, I love it! Clear mind, energy through the roof (after 1-2 weeks though) Old fella said it best, "it takes some time for your body to get use to the high fats and high prtien"

I do the Keto every other QTR of the year

Chip

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear