over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

digestion

Daves84

Newbies
Hi guys

I wondered if anyone had eaten all their meals from non meat sources (not vegan) ie meals 1-5 100g cream of rice with 50g protein from whey with some almond butter added in for healthy fats and then a final meal of 130g oats with 12 egg whites ? If you were to supplement with fiberlyse a few times a day also would that be a feasible diet to consume? I love chicken turkey red meats etc but have tried this for a few days now and feel so much better zero bloat or discomfort and food goes down a treat even being over 600g carbs

wondered if anyone had done or does similar?

Cheers

Your going in the right way.

Digestion of Cooked red meat take a long ass time. Cooked egg also. Any cooked meat take alot of time to digest. Like 5 hours to digest and absord the nutrients.

When you wake up you want to Get the fastest Protein source you can get with easy to digest carbs.

I wouldnt eat fat with the Breakfast or Meal 1.

Like 2 Scoop of isolate whey or Eggwhite Shake + big oats and berries in a blender and drink, mixed with water.

My morning breakfast is 3 cups whole milk, 2-3 cups powdered oatmeal, 2-4 scoops whey, 2 spoons peanut buttter and 2 bananas in a blender. I don’t like eating in the mornings and this goes down easily. Try adding more fiber to your diet to process foods faster.

great thanks for the input guys - so you dont see any issue with eating 5 meals of this a day cream of rice and whey as long as i take fiberlyse and a few servings of greens drinks to capture micro nutrients etc

Only issue I see is missing out on vital micronutrients. I've done this exact same diet for about a year and added in 3 scoops of vegetable powder daily. Doing the veggie powders will help but I bet they are less nutrient dense than we are led to believe. Try to get some fruit/veggies in the diet if possible, low sodium v8 is a great option if you are trying to make it as easy as possible.

Edit-
Look for "naturally occurring" vitamins and minerals on the label of your greens blend. I've called quite a few companies product information line to find out that all the vitamins on the label were "added" which makes me believe the product is devoid of quite a few nutrients. I use garden of life veggie powders.

Last edited:
Ground Beef, Ground Turkey, Ground Chicken, all easy to digest.

Chewing meat properly is an important step in insuring easy digestion, eating ground meats helps with this

With dedication most diets can work. My x-wife ate no real meat and went from 109 at 19%bf to 124 at 12%bf. Using mostly soy protein and a little cheese and eggs 1-2 a week and fish about once a week.

Digestion is such an individual thing. You need to play around with things to see what digests well for you. I always recommend to keep a log of food items that sit well with you and rotate them. It's much better to have a variety of foods in the diet to make sure you cover all your bases (from a micronutrient perspective). Also, make sure your fiber is in a good range. I always aim for 10-15 grams of fiber per 1,000 calories. Keep that water intake high enough to ensure adequate hydration, and you should be fine.

Trial and error, my friend :).

As far as just having cream of rice and whey for most of your diet, I would say that's less than optimal. Tons of iron and very little of other essential vitamins and minerals.

I have found amount is important. 5 oz of steak or venison feels great and very little bloat if any.

Interesting ideas here..

I tend to agree with he Poster here. I know I do a lot better with very little meat in my diet. The older I get the more I realize I don't require absurd amounts of Protien to maintain my muscle mass.

I think the main thing I have learned from doing nutrition programs for people/clients in theist is that they should gravitate towards food that agrees with their body. I spent many many years chowing down red meant and large amounts of chicken and even pork to try and get all of my protein requirements in. I was stuffing my face with food and my tummy was all sorts of upset.

My advice would be if you can get by with the whey and cream of wheat and it feels good, then you'd be a fool not to do it. Someone else mentioned the other nutrients that your diet would be lacking and I liked their advice in getting some good green or veggie powder to use. I use a green/veggie powder now to help get in more greens as my normal diet is lacking in them. I will also get some avocado oil or almond oil and use that to supplement in some good fats.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws