over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help getting digestion back after stomach bug

TheSteamboat

Registered
Newbies
Hello everyone.

Last week I had stomach flu. Woke up with body aches, thought I was just being a pussy so I trained (mistake). Ended up coming down with a bad fever and having diarrhea and only got in maybe 2-3k calories that day. Next day I woke up the next day actually felt great. No more fever. However, I’ve still had zero appetite and am getting lots of diarrhea. I am doing my best and eating on diet (4kish calories, all clean foods), but even with quality foods the diarrhea is lingering and I feel ridiculously bloated.

How long does this last in your guys experience? Should I pick up some probiotics or enzymes?

are you eating any fermented foods? send us a list of your "clean diet "including whatever beverages you consume on daily basis. any food allergies? do you take medication every day for any reason? were you on antibiotics for stomach flu? do you have pain when you touch certain areas of your stomach, near the diaphragm specifically? belching? is this just as of recent? the virus probably nuked all your healthy microbiome. KEFIR is an EASY fix, greek yogurt is childsplay. Apple Cider vinegar (raw) diluted in 6oz water. 2-3 tbsp on empty stomach upon waking, normally when my clients get nauseous from it (some DONT),. it is an indication your bad bacteria is being killed and good bacteria will begin to colonize. there are other treatments if those do not fix it like TRIPHALA (Ayurveda herb blend) , neem oil, DGL, slippery elm, etc . consuming a little coco oil every day should also help mitigate symptoms. other than that @heavyhitter is the most knowledgeable on this topic . start there bro. also drink only COLD drinks (ayurveda tip) . id stay away from grains and starchy foods also, even beans etc

are you eating any fermented foods? send us a list of your "clean diet "including whatever beverages you consume on daily basis. any food allergies? do you take medication every day for any reason? were you on antibiotics for stomach flu? do you have pain when you touch certain areas of your stomach, near the diaphragm specifically? belching? is this just as of recent? the virus probably nuked all your healthy microbiome. KEFIR is an EASY fix, greek yogurt is childsplay. Apple Cider vinegar (raw) diluted in 6oz water. 2-3 tbsp on empty stomach upon waking, normally when my clients get nauseous from it (some DONT),. it is an indication your bad bacteria is being killed and good bacteria will begin to colonize. there are other treatments if those do not fix it like TRIPHALA (Ayurveda herb blend) , neem oil, DGL, slippery elm, etc . consuming a little coco oil every day should also help mitigate symptoms. other than that @heavyhitter is the most knowledgeable on this topic . start there bro. also drink only COLD drinks (ayurveda tip) . id stay away from grains and starchy foods also, even beans etc
Diet consist of;

Oats
Whole wheat bread
Intra carbs mix
Rice
Chicken
Beef
Whey isolate

Very very bland. Maybe I’ll pull the oats for now and replace with some cream of rice?

No food allergies, meds (besides BP ones but I’ve been on them a long time), no pain besides cramping during diarrhea. All new, just from this illness. Digestion was in a great place before.

Diet consist of;

Oats
Whole wheat bread
Intra carbs mix
Rice
Chicken
Beef
Whey isolate

Very very bland. Maybe I’ll pull the oats for now and replace with some cream of rice?

No food allergies, meds (besides BP ones but I’ve been on them a long time), no pain besides cramping during diarrhea. All new, just from this illness. Digestion was in a great place before.
Id pull the oats and the whole wheat bread and replace with cream of rice and some bananas to help with the diarrhea

Thanks for input everyone. Going to make said changes, and probably add BPC for inflammation.

I would just introduce more yogurt and raw miso into you diet for a while. Works wonders for me in those situations. Then subtract what you don't want and go back your normal diet routine once things feel back to normal.

I would just introduce more yogurt and raw miso into you diet for a while. Works wonders for me in those situations. Then subtract what you don't want and go back your normal diet routine once things feel back to normal.
Any specific yogurt, or does any standard Greek yogurt work?

Bananas have the fiber good bacteria love. Maybe kefer or Greek yogurt if it dosnt by upset you stomach. I'd personally fast for at least a day the intestines heal faster without anything in them. Then eat the beneficial foods the next day without worrying about calories. By the 3rd day you should be good.

Pretty much any yogurt with have probiotics. So I would just go with whatever you like. I personally believe a little bit in frequent doses continuously provides the gut with a supply of good bacteria until your digestive tract is saturated. Its not really a bad thing to incorporate on a regular basis anyway.

Also, check out miso paste. You just heat a mug of water like tea and then put a teaspoon amount in and stir it until it dissolves. It is then like a salty broth. Its great for when you are sick and it has been a great addition for me. You can cook with the stuff like spread it on salmon before cooking but you loose some of the live cultures when heating so the tea broth work very well. And if you don't now miso is fermented soy bean which is a probiotic similarly to yogurt.

Will do, thanks.

Any probiotic recommendations?
Dr ohiras is the only probiotic I’ve ever found that’s helped, and I’ve tried probably 2 dozen brands and various strains. It has been VERY effective for me. Stack that with s. Bouilardii and you’ll be back in no time

When it comes down to it, I don’t think it really matters.

When I get off a course of ‘floxins’ my pharmacist said just eat some yogurt.

I prefer full fat, unflavored, Chobani. Just bought some today at Grocery Outlet. I mix in the best raw honey I can find for taste.

I’m on the tail end of the flu myself. It just takes time to get over it.

real sour kraut, that shit does wonders for digestion, it tastes like absolut crap but it works.

betaine hcl + pepsin with high protein meals, and ox bile with high fat meals. The increased hcl is enough to kill bad bacteria in your stomach and allow good bacteria to regrow and also will sitmulate bile release to better absorb fat soluble nutrients - the ox bile is for cases in which the increase in HCL alone is not enough. These both do absolute wonders for my digestion.

Amazed at reading this because in the last 3 days I've eaten nothing except 2 slices of dry toast and one egg. That was an hour ago. I hope it stays down.

These kids bring home these bugs home from school, they infect the whole house. I took no drugs except promethazine for the almost unbearable constant nausea. No vomiting, no diarrhea, just tired and nauseous beyond belief. So nauseous in fact, it wiped me out. You know, when you're just about to puke you sweat like an animal?

Anyway, I hate taking promethazine bc it's a phenothiazine and that class isn't good for you. But it works plus knocks you out.

So I'm exhausted, dehydrated, and badly in need of sustenance of some sort. I had an iron stomach for 30 years now it seems I get one of these every year. I hate this shit. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Except I don't have any enemies.

To the OP: when I get these, I ease back into the calories slow adding as much fermented foods as possible. Prebiotics and probiotics seem to do nothing but make me gassy. Fermented foods will increase your appetite.

This Sucks.

Kimchi. It smells awful but it tastes great. You don't need to eat a whole bowl of it - just a dip with a fork every night at dinner will help. Have a spoonful or two of yogurt or kefir in the morning, too.

Also, drinking psyllium every morning makes a world of difference for me.

Kimchi. It smells awful but it tastes great. You don't need to eat a whole bowl of it - just a dip with a fork every night at dinner will help. Have a spoonful or two of yogurt or kefir in the morning, too.

Also, drinking psyllium every morning makes a world of difference for me.
I make my own kimchi for exactly this reason. I go through a gallon jar about every 3-4 months

I drank kefir for several days after the prep for a c-scopy and it helped my gut rebound back to sanity after the procedure.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear