advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you use protein powder? Yes? No? Why?

How much of your daily protein is from shakes?
At some points it's been half my daily protein. Right now it's around 30-40% but will move towards 50-50 as calories increase. I find that I get to a point where more food only bogs down digestion and that's when I add shakes to my meals for extra protein.

At some points it's been half my daily protein. Right now it's around 30-40% but will move towards 50-50 as calories increase. I find that I get to a point where more food only bogs down digestion and that's when I add shakes to my meals for extra protein.

100% my experience as well. There’s just no way I could eat 400 grams of protein alongside upwards of 600 grams of carbs and do what I need to do everyday, let alone feel good.

I think too many bodybuilders think that eating solid food makes them a harder working bodybuilder and more legitimate lol.

I like my protein powders and Beverly liver tabs lol. I gain more, look better, and feel less like shit.
I just can't eat a lot even with prescription enzymes
To be fair, there have been a lot of dog shit whey supplements sold over the years. I can see how people would think that whey protein is garbage. I remember going to the Olympia expo and you couldn't even count how many supplement booths there were. How many guys bought a 10 pound bag of "Muscle-Zilla Ultimate Max Whey" or something for $30 and then sprayed it out of their assholes for two weeks? Probably a lot....

To be fair, there have been a lot of dog shit whey supplements sold over the years. I can see how people would think that whey protein is garbage. I remember going to the Olympia expo and you couldn't even count how many supplement booths there were. How many guys bought a 10 pound bag of "Muscle-Zilla Ultimate Max Whey" or something for $30 and then sprayed it out of their assholes for two weeks? Probably a lot....
That's very true.

I think too many bodybuilders think that eating solid food makes them a harder working bodybuilder and more legitimate lol.

I like my protein powders and Beverly liver tabs lol. I gain more, look better, and feel less like shit.
I just can't eat a lot even with prescription enzymes

I think I'm gonna catch flack for this... But I think (and in my experience) the more broken down the protein source the better the results.

For example, I used to consume 50g hydro whey pre workout, 40g peptopro intra workout and 50g whey isolate post workout and would get stronger every single workout on 2500 calories a day and natty. Also had HBCD intra.

Tried the same with whole foods and recovery wasn't even remotely close... I burned out relatively quickly honestly on same cals and same lifting schedule.

I think I'm gonna catch flack for this... But I think (and in my experience) the more broken down the protein source the better the results.

For example, I used to consume 50g hydro whey pre workout, 40g peptopro intra workout and 50g whey isolate post workout and would get stronger every single workout on 2500 calories a day and natty. Also had HBCD intra.

Tried the same with whole foods and recovery wasn't even remotely close... I burned out relatively quickly honestly on same cals and same lifting schedule.
This is has been my best experience as well.
But I used only isolate, hbcd, and liver tabs.

10lb bag of ON Vanilla Ice Cream whey protein powder for $82.11 at Amazon.
There is an automatic $24.92 in cart discount applied.
You as an Amazon Prime buyer MUST also clip the 25% off coupon which is in plain sight on the page, and select Subscribe and Save which will take another 5% off.
Remember to cancel the s&s after you receive the bag or they will keep sending it to you when your next s&s order is ready to ship.

You as an Amazon Prime buyer MUST also clip the 25% off coupon which is in plain sight on the page, and select Subscribe and Save which will take another 5% off.
Remember to cancel the s&s after you receive the bag or they will keep sending it to you when your next s&s order is ready to ship.
That's amazing, thanks. Just took advantage of that. I'd been sticking with TN whey isolate, but I can't pass this deal up. I'll use some lactaid if I have to, for this price.

Do people tend to solely use Isolate during the day?

Any opinions on grass fed?

I use isolate any time I use protein powder. It's Optimum Nutrition or Labrada hydrolyzed whey postworkout and Dymatize ISO-100 for everything else.
Thanks

I’m getting back into serious training and need to greatly increase my protein consumption.

Is Dymatize ISO-100 the hydrolised whey and isolate whey mix? I cannot find an isolate only version.

Also, is there a reason you prefer this brand? Thanks for your help.

I almost always buy whey, but I combine it with other foods like egg whites, powdered oats, peanut powder, milk or maybe almond milk (for taste), etc.

Thanks

I’m getting back into serious training and need to greatly increase my protein consumption.

Is Dymatize ISO-100 the hydrolised whey and isolate whey mix? I cannot find an isolate only version.

Also, is there a reason you prefer this brand? Thanks for your help.
Dymatize ISO-100 is hydrolyzed whey per the ingredients but is not marketed as such like Optimum Nutrition's is.

I use Dymatize and Optimum Nutrition because they're too big of brands to risk underdosing their products - the reputation hit would be too great. Dymatize is owned by Post, the publicly traded company that owns the cereal brands. I also worked at Dymatize corporate before the Post acquisition so I know their inner workings.

I like Hydro whey, or Peptopro, they feel better on my stomach and often feel thinner, easier to get down when you have no appetite, say after a workout. Wrt to Hydros, most of these companies don't list the degree of hydrolysis and certainly don't divulge the raw material supplier. So a lot of times you can't check what exact product you are using, if they are reputable and so on. Buying blends of hydro, and iso and concentrate, you don't know if it's actually just 99% concentrate..

But, there used to be the argument that concentrate is best because it retains some compounds in the whey which otherwise can be lost during processing. Some things for the immune system, whatever.

Real food vs protein shakes? I don't accept that protein powder isn't "food" lol. "Natural is always better"?... not necessarily no lol. That's an appeal to nature fallacy lol.

Dymatize ISO-100 is hydrolyzed whey per the ingredients but is not marketed as such like Optimum Nutrition's is.

I use Dymatize and Optimum Nutrition because they're too big of brands to risk underdosing their products - the reputation hit would be too great. Dymatize is owned by Post, the publicly traded company that owns the cereal brands. I also worked at Dymatize corporate before the Post acquisition so I know their inner workings.
Thanks for your help, I’ll order the Dymatize. Everything online is very positive about it too.

Heads up for anyone who took advantage of this deal! Check your subscribe and save!

I was reviewing my upcoming shipment, and noticed they were charging me full price ($152). I had to get on with their customer service, and they went ahead and adjusted the price to where it should be.

Same for me, currently ~50% of my daily protein comes from whey isolate

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311