over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

does DNP affect the liver?

thewizkid

Registered
i was looking up information on DNP and if it stressed the liver, any thoughts?

scientific studies on animals say it doesn't but there was case studies of liver enzymes being elevated on people treated at the hospital for DNP toxicity taken for weight loss. The thing is, they could have been taking other meds/drugs/alcohol and not have brought it up so there's no telling whether DNP was the cause

anyone know?

I would imagine the dehydration factor would be very hard on all of the organs.

Looks like DNP is actually good for the liver:

Sustained-release mitochondrial protonophore reverses nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in rats.
Wei G, et al. Int J Pharm. 2017.
Show full citation
Abstract
As a mitochondrial uncoupler, 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP) is proven therapeutically effective against nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) by uncoupling oxidation and phosphorylation. However, a major factor that impedes the clinical application of DNP is the significant side effects derived from its frequent hyperthermia and even death. In this study, we developed an injectable liquid crystal gel (DNP-LC-gel) to reduce the toxicity of DNP. DNP-LC-gel achieved sustained release and maintained DNP plasma concentration at an effective drug level. In a rat model of NAFLD, DNP-LC-gel treated rats reduced hepatic steatosis, liver triglyceride content, plasma triacylglycerol (TG) and total cholesterol (TC) content. Compared with DNP solution (DNP-soln), rats after DNP-LC-gel treatment showed no body temperature toxicity and local irritation. All results above indicated that DNP-LC-gel has a great potential for NAFLD therapy.

I just found a study from 1935 on DNP and the liver. This was when they studied it medically for weight loss. Very interesting...
6 months high dose to the point the lab dogs died and no liver damage.

It has not been shown to be toxic to the liver, kidney or heart. Fatty liver its a sign of inflamed or toxic liver, DNP helps to solve this problem.

Looks like DNP is actually good for the liver:

Sustained-release mitochondrial protonophore reverses nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in rats.
Wei G, et al. Int J Pharm. 2017.
Show full citation
Abstract
As a mitochondrial uncoupler, 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP) is proven therapeutically effective against nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) by uncoupling oxidation and phosphorylation. However, a major factor that impedes the clinical application of DNP is the significant side effects derived from its frequent hyperthermia and even death. In this study, we developed an injectable liquid crystal gel (DNP-LC-gel) to reduce the toxicity of DNP. DNP-LC-gel achieved sustained release and maintained DNP plasma concentration at an effective drug level. In a rat model of NAFLD, DNP-LC-gel treated rats reduced hepatic steatosis, liver triglyceride content, plasma triacylglycerol (TG) and total cholesterol (TC) content. Compared with DNP solution (DNP-soln), rats after DNP-LC-gel treatment showed no body temperature toxicity and local irritation. All results above indicated that DNP-LC-gel has a great potential for NAFLD therapy.

this is one of the studies i read, which is why i believed it not to be liver toxic
however this was actually a 'modified' version of DNP and was given in some low dose protocol that was said to not have side effects seen in DNP and they wanted to advanced and give to humans
which is why i disregarded it

I just found a study from 1935 on DNP and the liver. This was when they studied it medically for weight loss. Very interesting...
6 months high dose to the point the lab dogs died and no liver damage.
this is the other study i read which was quite convincing, but at the same time i kind of don't know if i would trust a dog study
i don't have the scientific background to understand whether it would make a difference between dog and human
It has not been shown to be toxic to the liver, kidney or heart. Fatty liver its a sign of inflamed or toxic liver, DNP helps to solve this problem.
i thought it actually was toxic to the kidney?
i know it messes with electrolytes and water retention (high blood pressure/edema)

massive overdose will cause shock liver resulting from cardiac arrest

otherwise it is good for liver AFAIK

i know it messes with electrolytes and water retention (high blood pressure/edema)

My ankles may swell a little, but the water retention in general is minimal, I mean, I only fall 2-3 pounds after cut the use. People who use DNP with gear and then could have more retention than people without.

this is one of the studies i read, which is why i believed it not to be liver toxic
however this was actually a 'modified' version of DNP and was given in some low dose protocol that was said to not have side effects seen in DNP and they wanted to advanced and give to humans
which is why i disregarded it

this is the other study i read which was quite convincing, but at the same time i kind of don't know if i would trust a dog study
i don't have the scientific background to understand whether it would make a difference between dog and human

2,4-Dinitrophenol as a tx for NAFLD, eh? They also used to think lobotomies cured some forms of neurologic/psychiatric disorders. As a matter of fact, the neurologist Monize was awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine/physiology for developing the prefrontal lobotomy. Oops.

2,4-Dinitrophenol as a tx for NAFLD, eh? They also used to think lobotomies cured some forms of neurologic/psychiatric disorders. As a matter of fact, the neurologist Monize was awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine/physiology for developing the prefrontal lobotomy. Oops.
It’s not dnp, it was a modified version of dnp, extended release at low doses
I remember reading dnp actually was being tested for treating diabetics before insulin was invented
And also dnp being used for clinical weight loss before too

It’s not dnp, it was a modified version of dnp, extended release at low doses
I remember reading dnp actually was being tested for treating diabetics before insulin was invented
And also dnp being used for clinical weight loss before too

I just read the China patent for the injectable "sustained-release in situ liquid crystal gel" and perhaps you should too. The grammar isn't all that great but it should suffice.

On a separate note, this may be before your time but keep in mind that Thalidomide was freely prescribed to women 60+ years ago to treat pregnancy-related nausea and look how that turned out.

I just read the China patent for the injectable "sustained-release in situ liquid crystal gel" and perhaps you should too. The grammar isn't all that great but it should suffice.

On a separate note, this may be before your time but keep in mind that Thalidomide was freely prescribed to women 60+ years ago to treat pregnancy-related nausea and look how that turned out.

I would like to assume they’re a bit more developed in terms of medicine in this day in age

All I was saying was
1) dnp wasn’t being studied for treating NAFLD, it was a modified version of dnp

And that it was studied before for treatment of diabeties, which means it most likely is the insulin sensitizing effects being manipulated to treat NAFLD

I wasn’t saying go take dnp if you have diabeties

They also used to prescribe heroin as a cough med, go figure

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
saltseeker
NapsGear