over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does Insulin cause the dreaded "HGH gut"

msmoke44

Banned
^^^, been reading that GH gut is actually a by product of heavy insulin use along with gh

It is my opinion that the guts are visceral fat caused by taking in too many carbs while using insulin.
I would bet that guys megadosing IGF1 or HGH without slin would not have any sign of those guts. I think it is safe to say most guys blasting heavy GH doses are using massive amounts of slin too, and eating quite a bit. I don't think it can really be avoided completely if you are taking it to the mass monster level.
I bet that the mass monsters with the tightest waists either use less slin than the others, are eating less with their slin, or are genetically gifted with regard to not storing visceral fat when excessive amounts of insulin and carbs are being used.

Last edited:
Whenever I take insulin my gut gets ridiculously huge. I can get the ronnie coleman insulin gut just by using 5-10 ius of humalin r a day. I get no such gut on GH. I'm sure adding GH to insulin might potentiate that organ growth though, but from personal experience GH alone at even like 4 ius does not grow my gut. That and just pounding down a lot of food and carbs in general will do it. If you see how much some of these guys eat....that's a lot of insulin that their own pancreas is making too giving them that gut.

It is my opinion that the guts are visceral fat caused by taking in too many carbs while using insulin.
I would bet that guys megadosing IGF1 or HGH without slin would not have any sign of those guts. I think it is safe to say most guys blasting heavy GH doses are using massive amounts of slin too, and eating quite a bit. I don't think it can really be avoided completely if you are taking it to the mass monster level.
I bet that the mass monsters with the tightest waists either use less slin than the others, are eating less with their slin, or are genetically gifted with regard to not storing visceral fat when excessive amounts of insulin and carbs are being used.

I think this exactly , not realy the actual slin but eating a shit ton of food cause of taking to much slin

So then why do those with this problem still have the gut when they are down to single-digit body-fat levels (which includes visceral fat)? I think it is both insulin and GH causing internal organs to grow. Sure visceral fat is part of it, but not the primary cause of the protruded gut in someone with 5% body fat.

So then why do those with this problem still have the gut when they are down to single-digit body-fat levels (which includes visceral fat)? I think it is both insulin and GH causing internal organs to grow. Sure visceral fat is part of it, but not the primary cause of the protruded gut in someone with 5% body fat.

exactly my thoughts- it's not the "bloated" look im worried about, its the actual growth of organs/tissue that cause that pregnant look even when shredded

well the whole nature of visceral fat is its stored internally between the organs... kidneys, liver, stomach, intestines, etc.. inside the abdominal cavity.. so you can be single digits bf with road map vascularity and paper thin skin from lack of subcutaneous fat..

so those few %'s u do have are just inside padding between your organs, guts etc... medically when looking at visceral fat and even intramuscular fat (think marbling in beef) they are linked to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes, so definitely has to be correlation of maybe too high of drug levels to cause issues associated...

The organs and intestines actually grow..as well as extra fat.

its viseral fat from insulin resistance. look at an alcoholic which is very insulin restant. usually skinny arms legs and a rock hard protruding gut

I to do not think GH is the cause. Ran 10ius of rips for months at a time. No gut here what so ever.

So then why do those with this problem still have the gut when they are down to single-digit body-fat levels (which includes visceral fat)?

I'm sorry but visceral fat can't be calibrated when doing a bodyfat percentage. It's the fat that's packed around your internal organs, and not something that can be pinched.

I'm in full agreement with the idea that someone can be ripped and still carry a severe amount of visceral fat in their midsection.

I'm sorry but visceral fat can't be calibrated when doing a bodyfat percentage. It's the fat that's packed around your internal organs, and not something that can be pinched.

I'm in full agreement with the idea that someone can be ripped and still carry a severe amount of visceral fat in their midsection.

Visceral fat is measured using a BodPod, water displacement or DEXA Imaging.

its viseral fat from insulin resistance. look at an alcoholic which is very insulin restant. usually skinny arms legs and a rock hard protruding gut

Alcoholics do not get that protruding gut from fat. It is called ascites. It is from fluid build up due to liver failure. Usually they are not diabetic. Most of the time they are malnurished.

heres what i think

i think its a combination of insulin + HGh that causes the gut

why is becoz HGH on its own increases levels of IGF, which causes cell growth in basically everything, but HGH also makes us use and produce insulin more effectively and does effect our insulin response to food, so although theres high levels of IGF in our blood there isnt enough insulin to cause drastic growth

now when using insulin alone, although theres an abundance of insulin shuttling nutrients, there isnt a high enough level of IGF for the insulin to cause drastic growth on all cells of the body

however if we combine the 2, high levels of HGH increase igf levels causing growth on all cells of the body, and when insulin is added it shuttles massive amounts of nutrients to all these cells the IGF attaches itself to, including organs and intestines since these have some of the largest amounts of IGF receptors

the reason this makes alot of sense to me was HGH was around for awhile and we never saw the HGh gut emerge, and insulin has been around a long time aswell and used in bodybuilding and we never saw the gut then

then along came dorian yates who was said to master the use of insulin and HGH in massive doses to achieve his physique, and ironically he was probably the first bodybuilder to have such a large abdominal wall

just my thoughts

heres what i think

i think its a combination of insulin + HGh that causes the gut

why is becoz HGH on its own increases levels of IGF, which causes cell growth in basically everything, but HGH also makes us use and produce insulin more effectively and does effect our insulin response to food, so although theres high levels of IGF in our blood there isnt enough insulin to cause drastic growth

now when using insulin alone, although theres an abundance of insulin shuttling nutrients, there isnt a high enough level of IGF for the insulin to cause drastic growth on all cells of the body

however if we combine the 2, high levels of HGH increase igf levels causing growth on all cells of the body, and when insulin is added it shuttles massive amounts of nutrients to all these cells the IGF attaches itself to, including organs and intestines since these have some of the largest amounts of IGF receptors

the reason this makes alot of sense to me was HGH was around for awhile and we never saw the HGh gut emerge, and insulin has been around a long time aswell and used in bodybuilding and we never saw the gut then

then along came dorian yates who was said to master the use of insulin and HGH in massive doses to achieve his physique, and ironically he was probably the first bodybuilder to have such a large abdominal wall

just my thoughts

:yeahthat:I think I am with you on this one. I have seen guys with the gut also that don't take alot of insulin and gh but take alot of compound like Dbol per say that significantly increase the amount of igf-1 released in the body. Anytime you increase your IGF-1 Levels everything is gonna grow. Then in conjunction with high amounts of Insulin and GH you can bet your belly is gonna get bigger.

What alot of guys forget that being 300 pounds in its self will give you a huge waist, I do think the slin + hgh is one of the culprits, but get real, you're not going to have a wasp like waist when you're 260 lbs on stage

-Drugcheat

I'm going with the INsulin theory. 80s guys like Haney used GH- had a small waist. 90s-after Belknap came along in early 80s and started outmassing guys. Lb for lb, insulin got "discovered"- Yates etc and guts soon followed. PS I think Yates looked better in 90-93 before the insulin.

I'm going with the INsulin theory. 80s guys like Haney used GH- had a small waist. 90s-after Belknap came along in early 80s and started outmassing guys. Lb for lb, insulin got "discovered"- Yates etc and guts soon followed. PS I think Yates looked better in 90-93 before the insulin.

...and you actually think that top contenders in professional sports didn't use Slin prior to '93? ;)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws