over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dog

brucepancake

Registered
Hey guys I have an dog that gets the worst hot spots. Have any of you had luck with adding some kind of oil to their food for skin issues. Like mac oil or olive oil? He is on a limited ingredient diet and is just getting ready to start kangaroo when it comes. He has been on Duck . Salmon and fish didnt work for him either. When I went to duck he got much better.

My vet gave my dog a injections and a cream this was years ago she was allergic to flew bites it helped her allot I'll look in the med cabinet when I get home see if I still have it

I have used hemp oil in my dogs food,

Ak

We use a product called Happy Jack SealNHeal. It's a spray that is waterproof and consists of a safe bitter flavor to discourage them licking it off. It seals the area, but breathable.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

We've also used Sulfodene with good results as well. It's a liquid you apply and specifically for Hot Spots.

ever since I started my dogs on a raw diet, hotspots went away. I have pits, so a raw diet helps quite a bit, especially with cancer being so prevalent.

What do you feed them? I have a staffy that has allergies and while they've gotten better, I'm not a huge fan of having to take her to the vet for shots and keeping her on meds.

ever since I started my dogs on a raw diet, hotspots went away. I have pits, so a raw diet helps quite a bit, especially with cancer being so prevalent.

If I recall, Emeric has something specifically for this. Hit him up

Last edited:
What do you feed them? I have a staffy that has allergies and while they've gotten better, I'm not a huge fan of having to take her to the vet for shots and keeping her on meds.

Sometimes its a combination of 85% lean grass fed beef with veggies, coconut oil, uncooked bones or I buy freeze dried "raw" patties. stella and chewy's is a good brand.

You also have to watch certain proteins. One of my dogs was allergic to chicken. It was causing issues as well

Google BARF diet. Bones and raw food. I get duck wings, pork necks, lamb neacks, chicken carcasses, and lots of other stuff from a local butcher for dirt cheap. I blend up greens and mix in with some organ meat and feed to my pits. they love it. it cuts down on stool volume. and with the bones theyre consuming, their stool turns a dusty white and just disappears
in the backyard and I really don't have to pick much of it up

Hey guys I have an dog that gets the worst hot spots. Have any of you had luck with adding some kind of oil to their food for skin issues. Like mac oil or olive oil? He is on a limited ingredient diet and is just getting ready to start kangaroo when it comes. He has been on Duck . Salmon and fish didnt work for him either. When I went to duck he got much better.

Are you feeding a grain free diet? My pits cant handle grains or their hair falls out and eyes get red and puffy. try something with peas, or sweet potatoes, or something lie that.
I really like Taste of the Wild brand. the bison and the fish ones work well for my dogs

We use a product called Happy Jack SealNHeal. It's a spray that is waterproof and consists of a safe bitter flavor to discourage them licking it off. It seals the area, but breathable.

He really isnt licking. He scratches his face and right now has two hot spots on his back.

Are you feeding a grain free diet? My pits cant handle grains or their hair falls out and eyes get red and puffy. try something with peas, or sweet potatoes, or something lie that.
I really like Taste of the Wild brand. the bison and the fish ones work well for my dogs

Hey guys thanks for your input. He was on Duck Zignature limited ingredient dog food. I know its not a raw diet but its close. Becuase of this outbreak I am switching him to Kangaroo Zignature and using raw venison for treats. He just tried the Kangaroo for the first time and loves that shit. In the past few days his hot spots are scabbing up so I think its getting better. I have tried coconut oil on his food but he doesnt like the taste, I was just thinking if I added some extra fat his skin would be more moisturized and less itchy.

Hey guys thanks for your input. He was on Duck Zignature limited ingredient dog food. I know its not a raw diet but its close. Becuase of this outbreak I am switching him to Kangaroo Zignature and using raw venison for treats. He just tried the Kangaroo for the first time and loves that shit. In the past few days his hot spots are scabbing up so I think its getting better. I have tried coconut oil on his food but he doesnt like the taste, I was just thinking if I added some extra fat his skin would be more moisturized and less itchy.

All my dogs love eating my fish oil capsules. Maybe give that a try?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131