over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DOGGCRAP TRAINING ROUTINE

Did any of you guys who have been on here ever give this a try?
Phil had such a unique understanding of programming and nutrition for bodybuilding. Theres never been anyone quite like it.
Many on here have used Hernon routines. He has several variations.
The one he listed first on here? I've tried the 2 way split/one set variation. I gravitate more towards his more common split mainly because I just don't enjoy the one set version.

He did know what he was talking about though...

I’m currently following his split but every other day so a little more volume but basically
chest back day 1
legs day 3
shoulders arms day 5
week 1 I’ll do pressing for chest and shoulders but then week 2 I’ll do dips for chest and laterals upright rows for delts so front delts don’t get so constantly hammered.
about 5-6 sets per body part for chest back legs
3 for arms
4 for shoulders.

It is a bit tough to get into it, but there are nice write-ups that keep it everything neatly and tidy in one place, e.g. https://thebarbell.com/doggcrapp-training/

I really love the Program and the philosophy behind it. 6-8 Week of Blasting (not gear😂), 2-3 weeks Cruise-Phase, three workouts per week, Alternating between A1-B1-A2-B2-A3-B3-A1-.... Finding good exercises that agree with you, and then just follow the plan, and get after it for 6-8 weeks.

When I first found and applied DC I was in my late 30s, early 40s. When I decided to step on stage again in my late 40s I ran a DC program diligently and added a lot of tissue and got bigger than I was in my 20s.
It's hard, but rewarding in multiple ways.

When I first found and applied DC I was in my late 30s, early 40s. When I decided to step on stage again in my late 40s I ran a DC program diligently and added a lot of tissue and got bigger than I was in my 20s.
I know a lot of people don’t like the low volume however I have found that doing the higher reps that DC advises for older lifters even with a single rest pause set I feel I’ve worked. Most I’ve done is a second isolation type movement. For example if I’ve done a rest pause chest press for 18+9+4 ish my chest is destroyed. Add a set of pec deck to it and I wouldn’t want to do anymore.

I know a lot of people don’t like the low volume however I have found that doing the higher reps that DC advises for older lifters even with a single rest pause set I feel I’ve worked. Most I’ve done is a second isolation type movement. For example if I’ve done a rest pause chest press for 18+9+4 ish my chest is destroyed. Add a set of pec deck to it and I wouldn’t want to do anymore.
Similar to how I deploy it today. Never fail below 10 reps, then take it up as high as 15-16 total reps. My sets often look like 15/10/8/4/10+3+2

DC is certainly ok for people who still have a lot of muscle mass to build but I wouldn't say that it is the best alternative for very advanced bodybuilders who do not need a general increase in size just the improvement of some muscle groups.
Moreover, even if I increased my repetitions to 15-20, training in this way would still have to use a very heavy load, and movements such as leg press, hack squats, rows, deadlifts would carry a high risk of injury.

This isn’t really about DC it was what Phil did with it.
It wasn’t like DC at all.

He did 3 exercises per bodypart instead of one on each day and waited 5 seconds between each mini set.

Attachments

• IMG_9746.png
    IMG_9746.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9747.jpeg
    IMG_9747.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 33
He did 3 exercises per bodypart instead of one on each day and waited 5 seconds between each mini set.

Fortitude training zig zag is similar.

I love zig zags, but in a commercial gym it can be really hard.

If you can doge a wrench, you can doge a ball @homonunculus

Bro, I respect you a lot and I really like you but just because we have a little more muscle than the average person doesn't mean we shouldn't smile and walk around with a gloomy face all the time because we're hardcore bodybuilders and we have to look like we're pissed off 24/7 lol

I'm a guy who likes to laugh and isn't deadly serious, I say good morning when I see my neighbor lol, let's behave normally and be more relaxed, otherwise we'll be the type of guy I personally hate - douchebug😅

this is why we love you Luki

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvier woods
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131