over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

donating blood

btw, i take aspirin every day, 15 years ago i was 20 and was on a very long cycle of pharma grade dbal - that s all i could get at that time. Ihad to go to hospital for something and they struggled to draw blood for several minutes it was too damn thick...scary shit...but i was very careless back than...wasnt even taking vitamins, just dball and junk food.....

Last edited:
btw, i take aspirin every day, 15 years ago i was 20 and was on a very long cycle of pharma grade dbal - that s all i could get at that time. Ihad to go to hospital for something and they struggled to draw blood for several minutes it was too damn thick...scary shit...but i was very careless back than...wasnt even taking vitamins, just dball and junk food.....

That's very scary!!!

Well, this experiment put things into perspective as to just how thick my blood is. It's like sludge. I drew blood from 4 sites. I got 65ml total out. My blood is so thick it kept coagulating in the 18 gauge needle cutting off blood flow.
I'm going to order some kits made for blood withdrawal if I can locate them.
I'm going to look like a junkie tomorrow at the gym. :eek:

That's very scary!!!

Well, this experiment put things into perspective as to just how thick my blood is. It's like sludge. I drew blood from 4 sites. I got 65ml total out. My blood is so thick it kept coagulating in the 18 gauge needle cutting off blood flow.

thats very strange...i still havent figured that out...when i was doing cycle on/cycle off, i had really poor blood results, i stopped cycling off many years ago, my blood result have been mostly normal, so test stays on at a decently high dose, but start adding and switching the others and i will start testing pretty often for awhile to see what s up...but yeah - aspirin is a must, and not even a baby aspirin that they recommend for regular ppl, i m taking a big one...

Last edited:
Part of the reason it is coagulating is because of the air. If you got a hose it should help. Phlebotomy kits work better because it is a closed system. You could buy 1/4" tubing (pvc clear, sterile medical, etc) off ebay which would connect to a 18g easily. Then you can drain it into a cup.

Once you get your levels lowered a bit start donating double reds as often as you can, you will be surprised at how much better/lighter you feel

Right now they would deny you if you tried to donate as its too high..Ive been donating for 10+ years and its def beneficial

Keep draining JJ.
I just had a stroke and the MAIN reason was HCT RBC and hemo high as hell.
My lazy ass was 6 months behind on donating.
When you drain remember squeeze one of those squishy balls.

well . . .

That's very scary!!!

johnjuanb1,

Yes. ‘Thick’ blood can be a real problem in oh so many ways.

Your experience reminds me of the time I went too long between
donations and showed up at the blood bank dehydrated. Not
good.

FYI . . . When donating blood there is a maximum amount of
you are given to ‘fill the bag.’ (Don’t recall the time.) If you
fail that, they must throw your blood away. My blood was
extra thick, needle problems, flow rate, etc. . . . so in the
toilet it went. It did not help them but it helped me.

This is only a sad if your only purpose is altruistic. I’m half and
half. I donate for others and to also for myself, it keep my
hematocrit down.

Now I show up every two months, like clockwork, super hydrated
and I flow like a healthy river. I can dump a pint of blood in about
~6 min. They fight over me at the blood bank . . . who gets to poke
me. I have huge visible veins so they say.

Mine also flows very quickly, despite my h and h being slightly out of normal range. It took about 5 minutes. They were commenting on how easy of a patient I am lol.

Part of the reason it is coagulating is because of the air. If you got a hose it should help. Phlebotomy kits work better because it is a closed system. You could buy 1/4" tubing (pvc clear, sterile medical, etc) off ebay which would connect to a 18g easily. Then you can drain it into a cup.

I ordered 16 gauge needles and 60cc syringes.
My veins are black. Looks terrible and I'm visiting my family this weekend. I'm buying long sleeve shirts after I finish training back/delts/cardio. Haha I have band aids on both arms now while training. Looks suspicious 😅

Once you get your levels lowered a bit start donating double reds as often as you can, you will be surprised at how much better/lighter you feel

Right now they would deny you if you tried to donate as its too high..Ive been donating for 10+ years and its def beneficial

I will do this. I'll admit I'd actually kind of scared. I didn't believe my blood would be the way it looked. I'm amazed it's pumping through my body looking like that sludge.

Keep draining JJ.
I just had a stroke and the MAIN reason was HCT RBC and hemo high as hell.
My lazy ass was 6 months behind on donating.
When you drain remember squeeze one of those squishy balls.

I kept squeezing my fist. The largest vein drained much faster. I may use my femoral arteries when my big needles arrive and take 60ml from each.

johnjuanb1,

Yes. ‘Thick’ blood can be a real problem in oh so many ways.

Your experience reminds me of the time I went too long between
donations and showed up at the blood bank dehydrated. Not
good.

FYI . . . When donating blood there is a maximum amount of
you are given to ‘fill the bag.’ (Don’t recall the time.) If you
fail that, they must throw your blood away. My blood was
extra thick, needle problems, flow rate, etc. . . . so in the
toilet it went. It did not help them but it helped me.

This is only a sad if your only purpose is altruistic. I’m half and
half. I donate for others and to also for myself, it keep my
hematocrit down.

Now I show up every two months, like clockwork, super hydrated
and I flow like a healthy river. I can dump a pint of blood in about
~6 min. They fight over me at the blood bank . . . who gets to poke
me. I have huge visible veins so they say.

It would be best if they dumped my blood because I don't want a child to get testosterone, deca, and primobolan in their blood stream.
I'm on a very strict diet with no sodium virtually so I know I'm dehydrated even though I drink a gallon of water. My carbs are very low and mostly raw veggies and oats. Calories are 2,500

I feel better today.
Can taking out 60ml thick blood be the reason?
I woke up ready to go which I never ever feel. I usually feel like shit and want to sleep forever. I got half as much sleep too.

I feel better today.
Can taking out 60ml thick blood be the reason?
I woke up ready to go which I never ever feel. I usually feel like shit and want to sleep forever. I got half as much sleep too.

It s possible, i heard that overweight ppl (not necessarily bbers) feel good after donating....
I am thinking there must be an optimal dose that a bber could drain regularly - let s say once a week or every two weeks of 10ml that will keep in check crit and RBC, hemoglobin an dnot make you lose anything training wise , cuz at the end if you donate a pint of blood, there s no way you get the same pumps and growth at the gym, one of the main things steroids do is increasing the volume of the blood and make u look bigger, getting better pumps etc...
I ll just have to experiment, maybe start with a 100ml or so...

John you're just punishing your heart and kidneys...please go donate blood. Your donation won't hurt anyone. Your skewed view on this is going to kill you or do irreparable damage...we're not spring chickens anymore! Hydrate yourself too!

As for double red, you have to be certain blood types...they don't take all types for doubles.

His HCT is at 61, they won't take him. He needs to either drain it himself or get a script for a therapeutic phlebotomy. He'll need a few drains before it gets in range. Something like 1pint every 3-4weeks should work. Then get bloodwork in between to see what its at and to also make sure you aren't losing too much iron.

Wouldn't worry about donating unless its ridiculously high. You don't see any top cyclists dropping dead [emoji88] and they blood dope to the gills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't worry about donating unless its ridiculously high. You don't see any top cyclists dropping dead [emoji88] and they blood dope to the gills

What makes you think cyclists don't donate blood? You must be too young to remember them dropping dead from EPO and dehydration!

I'm not sure why you would say this. Care to explain further?

The problem it's a concern for many bodybuilders is not only the hct/hg, but also the fact that many of the compounds were taking negatively affect lipids, sometimes drastically. Getting a bit dehydrated can cause severe consequences for some folks. I think it's best to stay on the safe side.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear