Done with Diet Drinks?????

hotttsauce

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do you all think?

By Lucy Danziger, SELF Editor-in-Chief

Recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners in soda may interfere with your body’s ability to estimate how many calories you’ve ingested, so you eat more than you need.

In a new rat study, animals that ate fake sugar consumed more calories overall and gained weight, compared to those that didn’t eat artificially sweetened treats.

This is just one study, but it’s enough to make me want to kick the can habit. Need more convincing? For every diet soda you sip daily, your risk of becoming overweight can rise by 37 percent, according to researchers at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.

We also know that regular soda is a total sugar bomb — most people I know gave it up long ago. At roughly 225 calories a pop, a 20-ounce bottle of regular soda packs nearly as many calories as a chocolate bar (but is much less satisfying).

Typically, soda also contains zero nutrients — so who needs it?

What do you all think?

Recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners in soda may interfere with your body’s ability to estimate how many calories you’ve ingested, so you eat more than you need.

In a new rat study, animals that ate fake sugar consumed more calories overall and gained weight, compared to those that didn’t eat artificially sweetened treats.

This is just one study, but it’s enough to make me want to kick the can habit. Need more convincing? For every diet soda you sip daily, your risk of becoming overweight can rise by 37 percent, according to researchers at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.

We also know that regular soda is a total sugar bomb — most people I know gave it up long ago. At roughly 225 calories a pop, a 20-ounce bottle of regular soda packs nearly as many calories as a chocolate bar (but is much less satisfying).

Hmmmm, I seem to remember someone who would ALWAYS consume regular Coke during his 'offseason'.

I recall him saying something like 'ah, it doesn't make that much of a difference'....or something very similar.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I seem to remember someone who would ALWAYS consume regular Coke during his 'offseason'.

I recall him saying something like 'ah, it doesn't make that much of a difference'....or something very similar.

That was offseason and for :rolleyes: BULKING:rolleyes: purposes!!!! And I don't think I will be trying to get to 250lbs. anytime soon!!! I could barely breath walking at 237!

And the not much of a difference ..... uhm ...... I learned my lesson! 3 hours of cardio a day will teach ya that for sure!:p

im not giving up my diet green tea and diet a&w rootbeer any time soon.... zero calories and it tastes great.. i can control my hunger... id rather have the diet soda...IMO

im not giving up my diet green tea and diet a&w rootbeer any time soon.... zero calories and it tastes great.. i can control my hunger... id rather have the diet soda...IMO

The lipton green tea with citrus is the bomb if that is the one your talking about! Seems like every study you see one will say one thing and another the opposite.

Ive seen similar studies.. and.. I hate to say it but I really notice it when I cut diet soda out of my diet.

I am far less hungry and its much easier to portion control my meal size... as well as minimizing low carb effects.

Im pretty lucky that we have several fridges at work and I just bring 4 nalgene bottles of water from home to supplement my coffee.

after a couple weeks I honestly don't miss the soda

hahaha. yeah bro i cant get enough. you ever try their diet white tea? its BOMB too.

For some reason that one didn't float my boat, but the diet citrus is awesome.

What do you all think?

I've read this info a bunch of times and I cant understand what the dispute is.... if your measuring/weighing your food intake... then you know how many calories of what your taking in this only pertains to people who cheat often or dont monitor their intake...

What do you all think?

I drink them regularly and maintain 210 with 10% bodyfat. Of course I am still waiting to die of cancer from all the sweet n lows.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. YOU EAT LIKE A PIG, YOU LOOK LIKE A PIG!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws