over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

dont wanna get too big

well I work with all ladies, and i find it ironic that all of their husbands "supposedly" looked like me when they first met.... yeah right......"Oh my husband used to look like you, had big arms, chest and a wide back when he was younger" bla bla bla......i feel like sayin well what happened? did he get sick or something for 15 yrs?....

well

I know where these guys are coming from about not wanting to get too big...the other day I was meeting with my financial adviser and told him "look, I don't want to make too much money, I tend to get rich real easily" :D

Seriously, though, when these folks want to talk or ask questions, just say "I don't know" or "sorry, I don't talk about that at work/gym". If you do give them an answer, they hardly pay attention anyway; if you design a diet or workout program it will be a waste of time. I can't even count how much time I wasted with people like this over the years; now I only help close friends....

Threads like this always make me laugh. It is obvious that no matter what part of the world we live in there is a common misconception about how real training really works. How refreshing, i used to think it was just me being an asshole or something!! Now I see it is the same every where. I don't feel nearly as bad for some of the things I have said to these naieve individuals!!!

I cant stand it when a girl says "i used to date a guy with your build" I respond "NO YOU FUKING DIDNT" or "YOUR FAT HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYER LINEMAN DIDNT LOOK LIKE ME"

Threads like this always make me laugh. It is obvious that no matter what part of the world we live in there is a common misconception about how real training really works.

Reminds me of a thread I saw on another board that will go unnamed: A bunch of kids (I hope they were kids at least) were arguing that bodybuilders (Jay, Ronnie, etc.) only trained intensely for their videos...that there was no way possible for a person to train like that every workout...it's just for show on film.

I found that quite disturbing.

I used to sell gym memberships and would hear that one a lot.
Me:"So, tell me about your fitness goals and what it would take to get you started here as a member?"
Prospective gym member:" Well, I don't want to get too big!"
Me: shaking hands with the prospect" Welcome to the club, will that be cash check or charge?"
Prosopect: "Whadda you mean?"
Me:" You said your goal in joining the gym is not getting too big. We can help you not get too big. Welcome to the club!":confused:

What do I have to do to look like you?

I used to get that one on occasion. Depending on when they asked i.e. when I'm training, middle of a set, outside of the gym, and how they asked, i.e. respectful, truly inquisitive, or smart ass, I would give them this answer,

" I would start with plastic surgery to fix the most obvious differnces, and then I would workout and diet".

I know, not to cool, I would not reply in the same matter today but it does tend to end the conversation pretty quickly.

Also someone earlier said the "fat guys" never want to really do what it takes to get lean and the lean guys never really want to do what it takes to get big. That is so true. I went on a 8 year bulking phase one time.

When I work out in Italy on occasion most guys in the gym are smaller and weaker but in general much more cut. I kind of feel smug because of my size and strength and I think they feel smug because of their leaness. I think we both would like to achieve a little of what comes easy to the other.

Pekkerwood

I used to get that one on occasion. Depending on when they asked i.e. when I'm training, middle of a set, outside of the gym, and how they asked, i.e. respectful, truly inquisitive, or smart ass, I would give them this answer,

" I would start with plastic surgery to fix the most obvious differnces, and then I would workout and diet".

I know, not to cool, I would not reply in the same matter today but it does tend to end the conversation pretty quickly.

Also someone earlier said the "fat guys" never want to really do what it takes to get lean and the lean guys never really want to do what it takes to get big. That is so true. I went on a 8 year bulking phase one time.

When I work out in Italy on occasion most guys in the gym are smaller and weaker but in general much more cut. I kind of feel smug because of my size and strength and I think they feel smug because of their leaness. I think we both would like to achieve a little of what comes easy to the other.

Pekkerwood

lol. 8 year bulk. that sounds awesome!

I was doing curls at the club tonight & a friend told me to use heavier weights & I told him I didn't want to get too big. :D

ive found that actually sitting down and explaining why they wont get huge doesnt do a damn thing. i get the i used to look like you when i was younger thing alot, especially at the resturant when im watching someone choking down a dish of pasta in a cream and butter sauce..lmao. at this point when some kid that wont let you even correct his form thats going to injure him asks something like that i just say "you dont have the balls to get too big". i know its alittle mean but damnit when i have an ipod on dont talk to me. i say there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

hahaha....My Mother in law every once in a while will ask me for a good workout for her to do...Ill say to do something like dumbell curls and automatically says " oh no, I get way to big when i do arms"...LOL...Finally I told her that there is no way she is gonna get big...I still dont think she believes me though...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear