over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Drug Bust in Indy...

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7834763&nav=0Ra7

"INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Police have made a major steroid bust in Marion County. The bust included drugs, guns, thousands of dollars in cash and one man they say could be a major drug supplier in Indianapolis.

Police have been investigating 33-year-old Joseph Mobareki for almost a month and that investigation finally paid off when a traffic stop turned up a gun in his car that led to a search warrant for his house.

"In the investigation they found a tremendous amount of anabolic steroids. They had about 30,000 pills, 100 viles of liquid steroids," Lt. Jeff Duhamell of the IMPD.

Police also searched a storage facility and found even more drugs. In all, the steroids have a street value of around $80,000 police also found four more guns, ammunition, syringes, 5 lbs. of marijuana and a lot of cash.

"I believe around $17,500. Some of that money was stuffed in the freezer and various places throughout the house," said Lt. Duhamell.

Mobareki worked as a trainer at Center Grove Health Club in Greenwood.

Police are still trying to figure out if he was selling the drugs at that gym but they did find names and dollar amounts for sales in the house.

"Where this leads us, we don't know. But hopefully he is cooperating and this could expand very easily," added Duhamell.

Mobareki is now facing 15 different charges including numerous counts of dealing and possession of a controlled substance.

Mobareki is out of jail on bond.

He will be formally charged by the prosecutor's office within the next three days."

no end in sight, why would having a gun (assuming it was properly licensed) lead to a search warrent for his home?

Another longtime member of this site known by all longtime posters here. This is very sad for me to see. I wrote up Joey's offseason workouts and diet for him 2 years ago. He is a great guy and never spoke once about "that" side of the sport. If I remember right he moved to Arizona I believe, and then recently back to Indianapolis.

This really really bugs the living crap out of me to see this happen to individuals.

Can I offer some advice to any person viewing this post who might be doing things behind the scenes that are on the wrong side of the tracks?

GET THE HELL OUT OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Your life blowing up in your face isnt worth it. If you aren't making enough money, stop being a personal trainer then (only done in alot of cases to chase your bodybuilding dream) and put your efforts into being an entrepeneur (legally) or go back to school.
When I see guys like that guy in Nevada selling real estate "deeds" for property on the moon and making 8 million dollars doing so......and people starting T-shirt businesses and selling them for 206 million dollars.....and people creating community internet sites and selling them for 56 million dollars.....I shake my head at all the opportunities to get ahead out there.....in which bodybuilders dont give a second thought about.

Steroids? Lets bottom line it shall we? Big Player? Its not if you get caught its when.....and thats the fact in todays world. So why take a stupid risk when the bottom factor is your trying to make money for yourself and there are 58 million legal ways of making money and that are 1000x more profitable.

If alot of guys in the bodybuilding world put their head together and thought things out as hard as they overanalyze their training....there would be alot of rich MF's out there.

Heres a couple of thoughts

a)There are so many foreclosures going on right now its epidemic (100,000 alone in California) find an investor to partner up with you 50/50 and you do the legwork of studying, analyzing, and checking out foreclosures to the umpteenth degree (leaving no stone or foundation crack uncovered)......thats your part of the job, and its not a buyers market yet--its really a wait game for the next 2.5 years....but there are outright steals out there right now and it might take you to the 27th foreclosure you look at but you will find one. Throw your lowball bid with the investor and see who bites and then turn that property into a money generating rental property. There are a slew of people out there willing to invest if you show them you went thru A thru Z for them and did all the crap work for both of you.

b)U-store it centers. Find a steal on a plot of land thats in a great location and get an investor with you and build a U-store it center which is a highly profitiable money making entity if you do it right. Your leverage? You find the property and do all the dirty work again. Investors are usually very busy people who are always looking for a good investment....show them one and both of you reap the profits.

c) Online--make a successful dating site and count yourself a multi millionaire, simple as that....searching for love is the one commodity that will never ever end or ebb and flow---its constant.

Im just throwing a couple things out there and I could go all day long with ideas i have because thats how my brain works....when other people are thinking about "oh man if i dont get my post workout shake down in 18.34 minutes will I totally blow my post workout window of opportunity?"......Im thinking about successful business ventures I could be proud of being part of and/or owning. It troubles me that the bodybuilding community as a whole are among the hardest working athletes in the world (in my opinion)....yet cant apply themselves to better themselves financially and some take a deadend street with short term glory and longterm heartache.

Last edited:
Another longtime member of this site known by all longtime posters here. This is very sad for me to see. I wrote up Joey's offseason workouts and diet for him 2 years ago. He is a great guy and never spoke once about "that" side of the sport. If I remember right he moved to Arizona I believe, and then recently back to Indianapolis.

This really really bugs the living crap out of me to see this happen to individuals.

Can I offer some advice to any person viewing this post who might be doing things behind the scenes that are on the wrong side of the tracks?

GET THE HELL OUT OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Your life blowing up in your face isnt worth it. If you aren't making enough money, stop being a personal trainer then (only done in alot of cases to chase your bodybuilding dream) and put your efforts into being an entrepeneur (legally) or go back to school.
When I see guys like that guy in Nevada selling real estate "deeds" for property on the moon and making 8 million dollars doing so......and people starting T-shirt businesses and selling them for 206 million dollars.....and people creating community internet sites and selling them for 56 million dollars.....I shake my head at all the opportunities to get ahead out there.....in which bodybuilders dont give a second thought about.

Steroids? Lets bottom line it shall we? Big Player? Its not if you get caught its when.....and thats the fact in todays world. So why take a stupid risk when the bottom factor is your trying to make money for yourself and there are 58 million legal ways of making money and that are 1000x more profitable.

If alot of guys in the bodybuilding world put their head together and thought things out as hard as they overanalyze their training....there would be alot of rich MF's out there.

a)There are so many foreclosures going on right now its epidemic (100,000 alone in California) find an investor to partner up with you 50/50 and you do the legwork of studying, analyzing, and checking out foreclosures to the umpteenth degree (leaving no stone or foundation crack uncovered)......thats your part of the job, and its not a buyers market yet--its really a wait game for the next 2.5 years....but there are outright steals out there right now and it might take you to the 27th foreclosure you look at but you will find one. Throw your lowball bid with the investor and see who bites and then turn that property into a money generating rental property. There are a slew of people out there willing to invest if you show them you went thru A thru Z for them and did all the crap work for both of you.

b)U-store it centers. Find a steal on a plot of land thats in a great location and get an investor with you and build a U-store it center which is a highly profitiable money making entity if you do it right. Your leverage? You find the property and do all the dirty work again. Investors are usually very busy people who are always looking for a good investment....show them one and both of you reap the profits.

c) Online--make a successful dating site and count yourself a multi millionaire, simple as that....searching for love is the one commodity that will never ever end or ebb and flow---its constant.

Im just throwing a couple things out there and I could go all day long with ideas i have because thats how my brain works....when other people are thinking about "oh man if i dont get my post workout shake down in 18.34 minutes will I totally blow my post workout window of opportunity?"......Im thinking about successful business ventures I could be proud of being part of and/or owning. It troubles me that the bodybuilding community as a whole are among the hardest working athletes in the world (in my opinion)....yet cant apply themselves to better themselves financially and some take a deadend street with short term glory and longterm heartache.

I'm trying to option C... LOL! Just need to get my ideas and $$ in line.

It's a shame about this guy. Met him once in July because he was an Indy state judge for the NPC. Nobody had a bad thing to say about him... just got caught up in shady business. People get greedy and money is always tempting.

excllent post

Excellent post DC.... thought provoking...

DC, WOW. I couldn't agree with you more. One of the best posts I have ever read in the 8 years I've been around.

Good post. But you forgot one thing - bodybuilders as a whole, are lazy. And selling drugs is easy, so perfect for the lazy person.

And why is it that all these sellers of steroids always get into selling rec drugs too? He got caught with 5lbs+ of dope and thousands of xanax too. :rolleyes:

DC, BIG A, you are both so correct!! Hard work never hurt anyone, being a thinker is not hard, but it requires imagination and creativity!

Great Post DC!!

you have to remember it takes money to make money!!!everyone dosent have that option.sorry to hear about this just another part of this witchhunt.i think we should somehow get all these so called officer"s of the law drug tested cause there sure are some big ones at my gym.will this ever end?peace

Good post. But you forgot one thing - bodybuilders as a whole, are lazy. And selling drugs is easy, so perfect for the lazy person.

And why is it that all these sellers of steroids always get into selling rec drugs too? He got caught with 5lbs+ of dope and thousands of xanax too. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Very rarely do you ever see an aas dealer go down if he just working with aas. Its happened but rare. I agree about the lazy part as well. Very hard to work an 8-5 and be a bodybuilder.

Agree with many above. DC, you are so right and so is Big A. Selling illegal drugs is easy,so many people start going in that direction. They have knowledge, they have access...so why not? That news story is the exact reason why not.

One thing I also wanted to hit on that I know a great many people in this forum are interested in.

UFC and WEC, King of the Cage and all MMA outlets.

Trust me in this, as someone who has sponsored and met alot of the up and comers in this sport.....THESE GUYS HAVE NO REPRESENTATION...at all!

I have tried to get Imabadman to act on this because he would be the perfect person for this as its right up his alley...he has the connections, the gift for gab, and the conscience to "do the right thing" via that fighter at all times.

For anyone in this forum who has a business degree or similiar, by and large most fighters have no representation, and when the opportunity presents itself its their trainer or gym owner who represents them.

In meetings with various groups, trainers and fighters, Doug and I (Trueprotein) couldnt believe that a great many of these guys are "by themselves" out there flapping in the wind.

It would be highly profitable if 2-3 guys in this forum who really knew their shit (I know you do because you already know alot of the sponsoring companies you need to contact)...got together and formed a company to represent all these fighters out there that are rogue.

The middle placement on a t-shirt when walking out to a UFC event for someone like Dan Henderson is 75 thousand dollars.....all the skullcap, shoulder, arm, shorts, and other patches range below that. These sponsors put up good money to a fighter to sponsor them. Those are fighters with representation.

Chiropractic centers and athletic injury centers LOVE getting into the MMA field as do many other companies.

MMA is the fastest growing sport on earth and so behind the times in fighter representation it borders on ridicule.

You would negotiate fighter contracts (usually 3-5 fight deals), contact companies (such as chiro centers and a myriad of other companies) who would sponsor your fighters (or more likely your whole fighter team)...such as "ProfessionalM Management" negotiate health plans, travel, food, supplements, etc etc etc etc all thru sponsorship for your fighters along with monetary means. A group of fighters down my way has all their medical taken care of thru a sponsorship.
Appearances
Endorsements
Books
Interviews
Posters
etc etc etc and you make your healthy cut as the management team. Having a stud fighter puts you into even more of a leverage position. "Oh Brand X fighting federation, you see my boy Xavier at 18-1 and want to sign him to a 3 fight deal because everyone on the boards is talking about him...and that he can take out the current champ?" "Well guess what? To get him you have to give 3 of my other fighters fights"

Doug and I have a MMA supplement company and we are locked out like all the other companies out there currently because of UFC managements Xscience monetary involvement....they rule the market and Im not going to get into it but there is a monopoly going on....noone can get thru the door currently and its a deadend (for the time being)

But the open door is fighter representation or for that matter anything to do with MMA........webpages, used mats/equipment for people wanting to start their own gyms or home gyms, stickers, logo's, etc etc etc

To the guy who said it takes money to make money, how do guys buy all their product to resell to people? On credit? Someone has some cash stored up. How much money would it take to research print shops in your area, make a state of the art deal with one of them for 1000 business cards, and then put a 35 dollar advertisement in every major newspaper in the USA advertising 1000 business cards for double the price your are paying your print shop for them? They get big business and you get to email the customer back and forth until you get the card specs right and you get to mail said customer their cards out to them....and a trip to the bank for your double the price profit once the print shop is paid his base price.

Last edited:
One thing I also wanted to hit on that I know a great many people in this forum are interested in.

UFC and WEC, King of the Cage and all MMA outlets.

Trust me in this, as someone who has sponsored and met alot of the up and comers in this sport.....THESE GUYS HAVE NO REPRESENTATION...at all!

I have tried to get Imabadman to act on this because he would be the perfect person for this as its right up his alley...he has the connections, the gift for gab, and the conscience to "do the right thing" via that fighter at all times.

For anyone in this forum who has a business degree or similiar, by and large most fighters have no representation, and when the opportunity presents itself its their trainer or gym owner who represents them.

In meetings with various groups, trainers and fighters, Doug and I (Trueprotein) couldnt believe that a great many of these guys are "by themselves" out there flapping in the wind.

It would be highly profitable if 2-3 guys in this forum who really knew their shit (I know you do because you already know alot of the sponsoring companies you need to contact)...got together and formed a company to represent all these fighters out there that are rogue.

The middle placement on a t-shirt when walking out to a UFC event for someone like Dan Henderson is 75 thousand dollars.....all the skullcap, shoulder, arm, shorts, and other patches range below that. These sponsors put up good money to a fighter to sponsor them. Those are fighters with representation.

Chiropractic centers and athletic injury centers LOVE getting into the MMA field as do many other companies.

MMA is the fastest growing sport on earth and so behind the times in fighter representation it borders on ridicule.

You would negotiate fighter contracts (usually 3-5 fight deals), contact companies (such as chiro centers and a myriad of other companies) who would sponsor your fighters (or more likely your whole fighter team)...such as "ProfessionalM Management" negotiate health plans, travel, food, supplements, etc etc etc etc all thru sponsorship for your fighters along with monetary means. A group of fighters down my way has all their medical taken care of thru a sponsorship.
Appearances
Endorsements
Books
Interviews
Posters
etc etc etc and you make your healthy cut as the management team. Having a stud fighter puts you into even more of a leverage position. "Oh Brand X fighting federation, you see my boy Xavier at 18-1 and want to sign him to a 3 fight deal because everyone on the boards is talking about him...and that he can take out the current champ?" "Well guess what? To get him you have to give 3 of my other fighters fights"

Doug and I have a MMA supplement company and we are locked out like all the other companies out there currently because of UFC managements Xscience monetary involvement....they rule the market and Im not going to get into it but there is a monopoly going on....noone can get thru the door currently and its a deadend (for the time being)

But the open door is fighter representation or for that matter anything to do with MMA........webpages, used mats/equipment for people wanting to start their own gyms or home gyms, stickers, logo's, etc etc etc

To the guy who said it takes money to make money, how do guys buy all their product to resell to people? On credit? Someone has some cash stored up. How much money would it take to research print shops in your area, make a state of the art deal with one of them for 1000 business cards, and then put a 35 dollar advertisement in every major newspaper in the USA advertising 1000 business cards for double the price your are paying your print shop for them? They get big business and you get to email the customer back and forth until you get the card specs right and you get to mail said customer their cards out to them....and a trip to the bank for your double the price profit once the print shop is paid his base price.

Look up why you are banned. The majority stock holders in Xyience (which is almost bankrupt, if not already), are the Fertitta brothers... who own the UFC. Ain't NOBODY getting advertised ahead of them!

Dante ......no doubt about and it is freaking sad......but the UFC is fast becoming the IFFB real quick . They are in a position to buy out any competion or eliminate it from getting started. They want control of the fighters and fighters that stand up for themselves will go out like Randy Courture.........And honestly ,I think the sport will start slide backwards abit because of this. MMA guys are usually more disfuctional than bbers.........which is saying something......most deal drugs ,or live off strippers to be able to train......A real good athlete with no fear can be a top flight guy inside 18 months if he wanted to .But that is 6 days a week ....3 times a day training ......with good people....the problem is, who can really afford to do it ? And I think with the over saturation of the ammount of fights and the fact you probably won't see any super dominate champians anymore because of the nature of the sport .The public will lose interest. Also ,mark my words ....you will have some serious incidents and lots of failed drug tested of good guys as things continue......BBIng is just like MMA ....the athletes get played .....used ....and thrown away.........Honestly ,it would be a tough road to create change and you would risk ruining the guys that you are trying to help .......kinda of like the pDI and Lee priest.......guys it is that bad and will get worse ........There some incredible fighters in the sport .......but take tito , chuck , st pierre , randy , out of the mix and who is really going to be the face of the sport? .....It makes me sad cuz I was around when we fought in wharehouses in the infantcy of the sport .....and the way they marketed the sport with the death metal , guys with attitudes ,energy drinks , and tatoos is a trend that people are already sick of ......everyone up here caps on MMA guys , and we have as many good ones up as anywhere ......people hate the macho clothes , the tilted ball caps,and major attitudes that came along when the sport boomed with the spike TV series........bad move on there part .....short sighted vision....I love the sport .....But like bbing [but better at the top ] it is not a wise sport for the athlete .......Sad but true........and my pal Dante is right on every level......the problem is ,the people that control MMA don't want guys with Dante's lines of thinking in the mix at all ,because it takes money out of their already fat pockets ........They are not going to let it happen ......I would be shocked if things don't stay the same basically for a very long time .....just like in bbing..... it is a bullshit situation based out of greed and fear....

The middle placement on a t-shirt when walking out to a UFC event for someone like Dan Henderson is 75 thousand dollars"

a little high, but yeah, th big guys make some cash.

I have a several good friends that fight in the WEC and UFC. Also, we have a friend that has started a sports management company that is repping them. He is an entertainment lawyer from LA, that now lives down south....He gets them sponsors and works out the contracts. Pretty cool stuff.

We all went to Vegas for the the last WEC....sick card, and our guy won.

As for the supps, you can sponsor fighters, I have seen spike on GSPs shorts and banners, as well as that "Vitamens and Minerals". I have also seen bodybuilding.com on Steffan Bonnars shorts....If you want to sponsor some up and coming guys, give me a shout and i can pass on some contact info to you.

Last edited:

Took the words right outa my mouth. Every time it seems someone
gets busted with juice, fckin guns and rec drugs are in the mix.

getting the mental wheels spinning

doggcrap

thanks for the posts!!

The voice of reason. Excellent post, I agree 100%.

Joey did live out here for a while. I was helping him to find a house and he ended up moving back to Indy. He is really a great guy. Sucks to see this happen to him.

DC-

excellent input on the subject matter! I shortened your original text and highlighted in bold the important parts (at least for me).

I agree this is one of the most informative, useful, "no brainer" posts I have seen on any BB board in a long time. It's one I'm sure everyone is thinking "why didnt I think of that?"

I speak for many when I say
THANKS FOR LAYING DOWN THE DIRECTIONS TOWARDS A BETTER LIFE AND LONGTERM (LEGAL) FINANCIAL SECURITY

GET THE HELL OUT OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING.....and put your efforts into being an entrepeneur (legally) or go back to school.

....the bottom factor is your trying to make money for yourself and there are 58 million legal ways of making money and that are 1000x more profitable.

If alot of guys in the bodybuilding world put their heads together and thought things out as hard as they overanalyze their training....there would be alot of rich MF's out there.

It troubles me that the bodybuilding community as a whole are among the hardest working athletes in the world (in my opinion)....yet cant apply themselves to better themselves financially and some take a deadend street with short term glory and longterm heartache.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131