over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

drying out, they some top amatuers and pros do it

buselmo

Banned
People who read my posts know that i'm very good friends with one of the top amatuers in my country (i've posted a video and pictures of him), this guy has a good relationship and exchanged info with some top pros (the best being one who's very well known for his abs)... 2 years ago, he always bullshit me about what he does, what he uses, how he preps (it seems like a copy and paste of what is said in flex magazine) until i started being honest with him and spilling my guts about everything (no need to go into that). somehow he felt more comfortable after knowing that there are other people doing what he does (and a lot do more) so he started telling me the real stories.

to the point, I have known 3 people to tell me the same shit (2 who personally do it, and 1 who knows a friend who does it) and somehow, all those 3 guys are the driest fuckers on stage... I just thought i'd share this info with you, maybe i could help someone or bring new ideas to the table... let's name these 3 guys "the big guy", "the NPC guy" and "the old timer"

starting with "the big guy", here's what he said:
the last 15 days before a contest are what makes it or breaks it. almost everyone in the top ranks uses a steady high/moderate carb diet while either rotating carbs or decrease total calories. if you are not ready (fat wise) 15 days before the contest, you cut out all carbs and just eat protein... it doesn't matter if you're eating 800 cals or 1500 cals (they go low fat mostly, and no one goes extremely high protein) and up the clen and T3 until you're 3 days out.
3 days out, you cut out all fluid, keep sodium high to moderate, and start loading on carbs... 400-500 grams of carbs with little fat and just enough protein to fill you up. no water for the 3 days, only sipping. No duiretics unless you don't make weight the night before weigh in. if you use it, it's a hit or miss, you can't predict it. if you are severely bloated, the only thing to use is lasix, but then you'd have to add some potassium and some sodium and it'll be a riddle. Usually you only have to lose 2-3 lbs to be dry and shredded. this is ofcourse when you cut out all aromatising hormones 10 days out (never use slow acting in contest prep), cut out all orals too, the only 2 things you should use are masteron and tren up til the day of the show. GH is cut out 7 days out.
The worst thing i've ever done was what i did to win ---- (his biggest title). If it was for the money, i wouldn't have done anything stupid like that, but it was for a title and i had to get it. i cut out all my water 5 days out (wednesday) because i weighed 87 kg. started carb loading and went down to 84.6 kg on saturday (day of weigh in), couldn't drink any water or fluids because i didn't want to hold any water, so i stayed thirsty and dry for 2 more day (he was the driest fucker on stage and won the contest in a packed weight class and they were all up to standard)... immediately after the contest i was rushed to the hospital and all i was seeing was black... they told me my heart could've stopped from electrolyte imbalance and i didn't have any enzymes being produced in my stomach. Never again will i do that stupid move, but I have never been able to look the same ever since.

This guy is 5'6, weighs in at 187 lbs and people ask him if he's in the super heavies... :)

"the NPC guy" (I heard this from his friend, so i'll state what his friend said):
This guy... dude, he was the driest dude on stage.. (so i asked what he did to get that dry) ... he cut out his water around 7 days out and only had 16 oz of water per day... 1 day out, he wouldn't drink anything.

i didn't believe this guy because it sounded like the dumbest thing anyone could do to get dry... aldosterone would be shut, and your body would try to hold water the best that it can... and you'd be as flat as hell... but when he showed me the pics on his phone... i was amazed! the guy was a super heavy and you could see the definition on his obliques from a back db.

"The old time" ... this was straight from his mouth, becasue he wanted me to do the same:

1 months out, I was taking bronex-K (a name of a potassium sparing duiretic) and i would only drink half a liter of water per day. carb load with as much rice as you can 3 days out til the day of the contest. on those three days, you don't drink any water whatsoever. that's how i did it.

this guy was a middle weight IFBB world champ back in the day (late seventies, early eighties) and he was El Shahat Mabrouk's toughest competitor, and actually beat him in the world's when they were both 80 kg.

Just thought i'd let you know :)

I've got no doubt that those guys didn't lie to you about what they really did.
I've seen plenty of similar examples myself...

Which then again goes to show the crazyness of this sport. :cool:

shit I drank 4-5 gallons of mixed tea a day up untill night before. and still drank 1/2 gallon the day of the show and I thought I was dry. the year before I cut water at noon the day before and I didnt look nearly as dry as this yr.

seems like a lot of risk to cut water that early and use diuretics. sounds like a painful process but it worked for them.

anyone else like to share there stories.

Thats crazy !!! Cut water out 5 days, 7 days out...I cant see how you would fill out at all...

But for me, if I cut out water more than a day out im flat as hell...I normally drink up to 3 gallons water, until the day before (1 day out) then cut down to about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons until friday around 6 or 8 pm that friday night...Then about 11 pm take dyazide (1/2 tab)...And wake up and see what I look like...If im flat I eat and drink a little bit of water, if I look on point I just eat and keep my water intake low...As for food, its low carb (depleted) up until thursday night then I carb up with the same foods I have been eating (rice, oatmeal, potatoes) cut protein in half (4 oz.)...Carb amount on Thursday would be around 600-700 grams (depends on the situation) and on friday about the same...Up until friday night, then I would go out and eat a fatty steak and pototoe (with butter) drink my last bit of water and see how I look a few hours later...I should be pretty full and almost to the point of spilling...but then on saturday I should've flatten out some, but not enough to where I cant fill out before pre-judging...Then I start the process over again and eat a big breakfast at about 5 am (steak, eggs, pancakes, syrup) and fill mysefl out again...then its just nibble on rice, rice cakes (natty p.b) ect...ect...

chris

Hey you guys like the NEW AVATAR ??? LOL !!!

Thats crazy !!! Cut water out 5 days, 7 days out...I cant see how you would fill out at all...

But for me, if I cut out water more than a day out im flat as hell...I normally drink up to 3 gallons water, until the day before (1 day out) then cut down to about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons until friday around 6 or 8 pm that friday night...Then about 11 pm take dyazide (1/2 tab)...And wake up and see what I look like...If im flat I eat and drink a little bit of water, if I look on point I just eat and keep my water intake low...As for food, its low carb (depleted) up until thursday night then I carb up with the same foods I have been eating (rice, oatmeal, potatoes) cut protein in half (4 oz.)...Carb amount on Thursday would be around 600-700 grams (depends on the situation) and on friday about the same...Up until friday night, then I would go out and eat a fatty steak and pototoe (with butter) drink my last bit of water and see how I look a few hours later...I should be pretty full and almost to the point of spilling...but then on saturday I should've flatten out some, but not enough to where I cant fill out before pre-judging...Then I start the process over again and eat a big breakfast at about 5 am (steak, eggs, pancakes, syrup) and fill mysefl out again...then its just nibble on rice, rice cakes (natty p.b) ect...ect...

chris

Hey you guys like the NEW AVATAR ??? LOL !!!

Thanks for the detailed info chris!
The way i like to do it is simple, BUT, where i'm from, we really don't care about shredded glutes and being as dry as hell... a combination of being somewhat dry and filled out to the max is what the judges look for. The bigger, slightly less conditioned guy, usually wins.
I just do whatever works during my prep... usually i'm on low/no carb for some days... 2 days after a cheat day (and a day of low/no carb) i look my best... full and a bit dry (and really fat! LOL!)... so that's what i do. i don't increase my water... i think 1-1.5 gallon of FLUIDS (mostly water) is more than enough... keep sodium high... shitload 2-3 days before the even... 1 diazide the night before... wake up... if i look bad, i'll drink water and take another diazide and just eat small bits of food (to avoid bloat... i'll eat anything)... 4-5 hours before teh contest, i reduce the water to just sipping... by that time, i'm full and drier than usual. it's usually enough to win around here.
oh... and we don't have a night show here... just pre judging and we're done :)

oh... yeah... that's a great fucking avatar :D

..........................................................................................

3 days out, you cut out all fluid, keep sodium high to moderate, and start loading on carbs... 400-500 grams of carbs with little fat and just enough protein to fill you up. no water for the 3 days, only sipping. ......................................................................................

i don't see this being an easy task................

wake

I dont see how one could digest all those carbs with no water, I get constipated as hell. Does anyone else have that problem- bloat and constipation the day on and before the show, thanks bros!!!

I've read about Nasser cutting water 3-4 days before in an interview. Very crazy stuff

I dont see how one could digest all those carbs with no water, I get constipated as hell. Does anyone else have that problem- bloat and constipation the day on and before the show, thanks bros!!!

I think he was trying to pull the water from under his skin to digest the carbs. I think its a bit extreme and very unpredicable to be honest. Bodybuilders are always trying to better there condition buy doing diferent things. I think find out what works and stick with the program.

I think he was trying to pull the water from under his skin to digest the carbs. I think its a bit extreme and very unpredicable to be honest. Bodybuilders are always trying to better there condition buy doing diferent things. I think find out what works and stick with the program.
Yes that was what the intention of doing that was for. Unfortunately there are numerous and smoetimes very dangerous ways employed in the quest for that dry ripped look.

Chris250 is one of the only ones here who has employed thesafest approach to drying out. It can be done w/out diuretics as well. the process chris mentions is still the same.

I think he was trying to pull the water from under his skin to digest the carbs.

but doing this at 3 days out ? hmmm . doing this the day before the show might work much better if water is controlled...... and then 500g carbs might be not enough or too much ................

too many variables and it is very individualistic . best way, imo, is to do a trial run at 2 - 3 weeks out from the show . then you know what will work and what not ;)

wake

someone will probably die from reading this thread.

People who read my posts know that i'm very good friends with one of the top amatuers in my country (i've posted a video and pictures of him), this guy has a good relationship and exchanged info with some top pros (the best being one who's very well known for his abs)... 2 years ago, he always bullshit me about what he does, what he uses, how he preps (it seems like a copy and paste of what is said in flex magazine) until i started being honest with him and spilling my guts about everything (no need to go into that). somehow he felt more comfortable after knowing that there are other people doing what he does (and a lot do more) so he started telling me the real stories.

to the point, I have known 3 people to tell me the same shit (2 who personally do it, and 1 who knows a friend who does it) and somehow, all those 3 guys are the driest fuckers on stage... I just thought i'd share this info with you, maybe i could help someone or bring new ideas to the table... let's name these 3 guys "the big guy", "the NPC guy" and "the old timer"

starting with "the big guy", here's what he said:
the last 15 days before a contest are what makes it or breaks it. almost everyone in the top ranks uses a steady high/moderate carb diet while either rotating carbs or decrease total calories. if you are not ready (fat wise) 15 days before the contest, you cut out all carbs and just eat protein... it doesn't matter if you're eating 800 cals or 1500 cals (they go low fat mostly, and no one goes extremely high protein) and up the clen and T3 until you're 3 days out.
3 days out, you cut out all fluid, keep sodium high to moderate, and start loading on carbs... 400-500 grams of carbs with little fat and just enough protein to fill you up. no water for the 3 days, only sipping. No duiretics unless you don't make weight the night before weigh in. if you use it, it's a hit or miss, you can't predict it. if you are severely bloated, the only thing to use is lasix, but then you'd have to add some potassium and some sodium and it'll be a riddle. Usually you only have to lose 2-3 lbs to be dry and shredded. this is ofcourse when you cut out all aromatising hormones 10 days out (never use slow acting in contest prep), cut out all orals too, the only 2 things you should use are masteron and tren up til the day of the show. GH is cut out 7 days out.
The worst thing i've ever done was what i did to win ---- (his biggest title). If it was for the money, i wouldn't have done anything stupid like that, but it was for a title and i had to get it. i cut out all my water 5 days out (wednesday) because i weighed 87 kg. started carb loading and went down to 84.6 kg on saturday (day of weigh in), couldn't drink any water or fluids because i didn't want to hold any water, so i stayed thirsty and dry for 2 more day (he was the driest fucker on stage and won the contest in a packed weight class and they were all up to standard)... immediately after the contest i was rushed to the hospital and all i was seeing was black... they told me my heart could've stopped from electrolyte imbalance and i didn't have any enzymes being produced in my stomach. Never again will i do that stupid move, but I have never been able to look the same ever since.

This guy is 5'6, weighs in at 187 lbs and people ask him if he's in the super heavies... :)

"the NPC guy" (I heard this from his friend, so i'll state what his friend said):
This guy... dude, he was the driest dude on stage.. (so i asked what he did to get that dry) ... he cut out his water around 7 days out and only had 16 oz of water per day... 1 day out, he wouldn't drink anything.

i didn't believe this guy because it sounded like the dumbest thing anyone could do to get dry... aldosterone would be shut, and your body would try to hold water the best that it can... and you'd be as flat as hell... but when he showed me the pics on his phone... i was amazed! the guy was a super heavy and you could see the definition on his obliques from a back db.

"The old time" ... this was straight from his mouth, becasue he wanted me to do the same:

1 months out, I was taking bronex-K (a name of a potassium sparing duiretic) and i would only drink half a liter of water per day. carb load with as much rice as you can 3 days out til the day of the contest. on those three days, you don't drink any water whatsoever. that's how i did it.

this guy was a middle weight IFBB world champ back in the day (late seventies, early eighties) and he was El Shahat Mabrouk's toughest competitor, and actually beat him in the world's when they were both 80 kg.

Just thought i'd let you know :)

When you say cut do you mean reduce or cut as in stop?

If its cut as in stop its another rediculous, dangerous and completely unnecessary practice. I have been reading more threads lately and honeslty wondering what some people are thinking. If you need to cut water 5 days out even 3 days out your are doing something drastically wrong in your prep. If you are holding enough water between your skin and your muscle to "fill out" during your carb up you are doing something drastically wrong. Reduce water maybe 2 days out cut water maybe 12-24 hrs out max. How you gonna "carb up" (another practice I question) with no water? If you value your health or want to look even remotely good onstage... DONT DO THIS!

One more thing.... the only people asking guys who are 5'6 187 lbs if they are superheavyweights....are guys who are 4'6 127 lbs.

Z

I realize this but all of those carbs (especially dry like oatmeal) are not going to breakdown without water in the digestive tract, much less get to the muscle as glycogen. The SZone post is on the mark- straight from a top national competitor. Also from Chris250

shit I drank 4-5 gallons of mixed tea a day up untill night before. and still drank 1/2 gallon the day of the show and I thought I was dry. the year before I cut water at noon the day before and I didnt look nearly as dry as this yr.

seems like a lot of risk to cut water that early and use diuretics. sounds like a painful process but it worked for them.

anyone else like to share there stories.

i had better results this way too.

when i cut the water early, i got constipated on the recarb and had belly bloat.

i'm no expert, but i do think some of the water held on show day is from going overboard on the recarb. i see dudes at shows saying that they are "flat" but in all honesty, they never really had all that much muscle in the first place. no amount of super recarb is going to put on muscle that wasn't there in the first place.

someone will probably die from reading this thread.

If someone ever tries this, and they die... i'm sorry for being rude, but they deserve to die. This is why i mentioned that he was admitted to the hospital right after the contest. In my opinion, cutting water for 12 hours after letting your body get used to 2-3 gallons per day is, by itself, catastrophic. let alone cutting it for 2,3,4, or 5 days!
I started this thread because there are a lot of people out there who want to know what some pros and top amatuers do to get as dry as fuck. remember, i said this guy and the people who he got advice from are the driest people i've ever seen, and they aren't flat... infact, it looks as if they are going to burst through their skin come stage time!

One more thing.... the only people asking guys who are 5'6 187 lbs if they are superheavyweights....are guys who are 4'6 127 lbs.

Z

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but when you have your arms measured at a bit over 20" at the gym at a body weight of less than 200 lbs at 5'6, you look like a super heavy.
the first pic is from the contest... second is after he got out of the hospital.
I have seen people who win the light heavies in the nationals... they don't look like this guy... (oh, and as i remember, the light heavy cut off in the NPC is around 195 lbs, right?... here's it's 187 lbs)

Attachments

• f2.JPG
    f2.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 364
  • f1.JPG
    f1.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 426
my buddy who competes who comes n very dry all the time carbs up starting the Friday morning before Contest on Sat. and cuts water tapering throughout Friday as well and no water that/night. Takes natural diuretic that night Continues carbs AM. He does not carb up earlier than the morning the day before show otherwise he spills over.

If someone ever tries this, and they die... i'm sorry for being rude, but they deserve to die. This is why i mentioned that he was admitted to the hospital right after the contest. In my opinion, cutting water for 12 hours after letting your body get used to 2-3 gallons per day is, by itself, catastrophic. let alone cutting it for 2,3,4, or 5 days!
I started this thread because there are a lot of people out there who want to know what some pros and top amatuers do to get as dry as fuck. remember, i said this guy and the people who he got advice from are the driest people i've ever seen, and they aren't flat... infact, it looks as if they are going to burst through their skin come stage time!

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but when you have your arms measured at a bit over 20" at the gym at a body weight of less than 200 lbs at 5'6, you look like a super heavy.
the first pic is from the contest... second is after he got out of the hospital.
I have seen people who win the light heavies in the nationals... they don't look like this guy... (oh, and as i remember, the light heavy cut off in the NPC is around 195 lbs, right?... here's it's 187 lbs)

It was a joke bro....relax!

Z

Well the guy does look fantastic for sure! Please post up more if possible buselmo!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131