over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

eating problems

nziegs

Banned
hey so bulking this winter has been pretty difficult for me. I can't seem to hold down my food! I have a 5500 calorie diet spread over 6 meals. Have been eating about %80 clean...mostly chicken, potatos, steak, eggs, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, tuna, milk, occasional weight gainer shake (serious mass by optimum nutrition). Its all fine except I constantly feel like gagging and i have trouble keeping it down while i train. After workout today I took my usual post workout shake (vitargo and whey iso). 10 mins later on my way home i threw up 8 times in my lap :( Its just been really frustrating. I'm
6'1, 11% bf and a little over 200. My metabolism is very fast and I need the calories to grow but i cant keep it down! I have tried waiting as long as 3 hours till i workout after i eat but it doesnt seem to make a difference. Other than an occasional preworkout drink (endorush or superpump) I usually just take vitargo whey and a multi. Any advice or help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I threw up 8 times in my lap.

OK first lets learn how to tilt our head to the side so we dont continual threwing up on our lap.Usaully the tilt begins right after the first outburst.if tilt automatically dont begins at this point continual on forcing the head to either one side.this should triger and override the malfunction in the tilt. JK BRO:D

IS your symptoms only afer your work out or all the time ?

haha..i just had my car cleaned and there wasnt anywhere to pull over, the lap seemd like a good place at the time, and ya my symptoms are all the time but its worse when i workout...I've been eating 6+ meals a day for the last 3 years...i've always used to eat big meals then workout right afterwords...its just started since like the last 4 months and it feels like its getting worse...i dont know if its mental or if its because im really just pushing myself with eating a lot of food or if its what im eating or something else all together.

are you drinking enough water? maybe try and cut down to around 4000 cals or even a bit less then slowly build your way back up

also try ditching the preworkout supps they could be upsetting your stomach

You could also have a touch of that stomach flu that's been going around. They were just talking about it on the news this morning.

Well bro I would say for starters make your preworkout meal smaller maybe just a pro shake with some malodextrin powder and drink about 30-45min before you workout. If I eat a large meal before working out im a sack of shit in the gym, all bloated and feel like puking and lethargic. also you can try a vit b-12 product to help with your hunger issues. b-12 really increases your appetite. a board sponser on here sells it.

try breaking your meals into 8-9 over the day instead of the 6 which will have you eating a little less cals/food per meal and not feeling too full. 2 of you meals your pre and post workout meals can be 2-3 scoops protein powder along with 2-3 scoops of waxy maize . throw in a tbls spoon of olive oil for your pre workout meal and you will have 7-800 cal shakes that will not sit in your stomach but will pass thru rather quickly so you will not have that full / bloated feeling.

Well bro I would say for starters make your preworkout meal smaller maybe just a pro shake with some malodextrin powder and drink about 30-45min before you workout. If I eat a large meal before working out im a sack of shit in the gym, all bloated and feel like puking and lethargic. also you can try a vit b-12 product to help with your hunger issues. b-12 really increases your appetite. a board sponser on here sells it.
ill have to look into b-12...i work at a supp. shop so i should be able to get my hands one some, thanks for the tip
are you drinking enough water? maybe try and cut down to around 4000 cals or even a bit less then slowly build your way back up
other than carrying arounda water bottle everywhere i go, i dont really pay attention to how much i drink, that could be it too. ill try drinking more.
also try ditching the preworkout supps they could be upsetting your stomach
...already did that
You could also have a touch of that stomach flu that's been going around. They were just talking about it on the news this morning.
...i dont think ive had the flu for the last four months but maybe i have something now, but i dont think so
try breaking your meals into 8-9 over the day instead of the 6 which will have you eating a little less cals/food per meal and not feeling too full. 2 of you meals your pre and post workout meals can be 2-3 scoops protein powder along with 2-3 scoops of waxy maize . throw in a tbls spoon of olive oil for your pre workout meal and you will have 7-800 cal shakes that will not sit in your stomach but will pass thru rather quickly so you will not have that full / bloated feeling.

thats exactly what i am doing pre post work out...ill try cutting my meals into smaller sizes...i do have a fast metabolism and wouldnt want to speed it up any faster that it already is though...but still better off than feeling sick

thanks for all the replys!

Don't know if I'm the only one to think of this, but why if you weigh just over 200#'s are you taking in 5500k. That seems a little excessive to me, but I could be wrong.

Don't know if I'm the only one to think of this, but why if you weigh just over 200#'s are you taking in 5500k. That seems a little excessive to me, but I could be wrong.

my body fat is low, my metabolism is fast, i dont put on weight with anything less and i dont put on any fat with the high amount of calories...im bulking. believe me if i could get by with less i would. if i could eat more i would.

I went through that exact problem. I tend to go in phases. I'll go a month or two with an iron stomach and iron gag-reflex and then one day I will just projectile vomit if I put anything down there in excess. One thing that can actually trigger this, beleive it or not is acid reflux.

I had no idea I had it until my doctor explained that you don't have to feel burning to have acid reflux. Most bodybuilders do to straining and minor hiatial (stomach to diaphragm) hernias have some acid reflux. This sets off a strange gagging reflex that starts at the top of the stomach and is just sort of triggered by swallowing. Especially when you have just finished working out because your stomach acid level is probably a bit higher. I would see yor doctor, tell them you get barfy and nauseaus and that you want to try some prilosec or something... Or you can go to your OTC pharmacy and by 20mg omeprazole, its the same thing, just without insurance, both are 20mg omeprazole.

ACID REFLUX?!?!?!?! when i was at my largest and was in a mass gaining phase and eating surplus of calories i was puking up alot too. turns out i had REALLY bad acid reflux and have had to adjust amounts of food i eat at one setting and what kinds of food i eat. everytime i deviate from this i puke without fail. just a thought.:confused: STEELE

Yea, taht is more or less what happened to me too! I think a lot of BB suffer from it without even knowing it!

I'm about 10 weeks into my gaining phase and still have 7 weeks to go. I eat like a machine monday through Friday due to the structure of my career. When the weekend rolls around I tend to miss a meal or two here and there and that is also when I allow myself some cheats. So, when monday hits (today) I find myself in the same place as you're speaking of. After a day or two it becomes easy again. I know it's on a much smaller scale than you're speaking of, but it was once as you describe. I was throwing up every workout, until I started taking dygestive enzymes, Bromelain and probiotics. I havn't ralphed on a workout since. I do all three supps 3-4 times a day before meals and I also no longer have the bloating and the MAD GUT at the end of the day. Hope this helps.

Bump post 3, 13, and 17.

I have always had a reflux problem. It's something I am trying to educate myself on now as I am having digestive issues.
If you read anything about it, you'll learn most people actually have TOO LITTLE acid and it doesn't stimulate the sphincter to close all the way.

Good luck. I'll also relay that even now I can get a gag reflex if I eat too much of 1 thing in a sitting. I can't take the same taste over and over. ie. Anything over 8 scrambled eggs and I'll start wanting to heave right at the counter. The taste is too much after awhile.

thanks for all of the replies, ill have to talk to my doctor right away

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity