over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

elbow tendinitis

CB

Registered
How many of you have gotten a tendinitis in your elbow from pullups, curls, etc.? Other than just taking time off, do any of you train with a sleeve to keep it warm? I've noticed that the angle of my grip makes a huge difference in discomfort. Pullups on a straight bar don't hurt at all, i do notice the pain on other movements.

I do.

I have really bad tendinitis in my right elbow. I was on a 2 year cycle and stopped cold turkey. It has been 4 months now and my elbow is stilling killing me. It is really affecting my training. Anyone else have joint issues when coming off cycle?

How many of you have gotten a tendinitis in your elbow from pullups, curls, etc.? Other than just taking time off, do any of you train with a sleeve to keep it warm? I've noticed that the angle of my grip makes a huge difference in discomfort. Pullups on a straight bar don't hurt at all, i do notice the pain on other movements.

I think I have this on my left elbow.........it's a little better,but since hitting my elbow two months ago, it never really stopped hurting,especially with curls, and front rows...but I agree about the angle of your grip, it does make it less painful..

I started doing concentration curls for bis, and it does help alot to keep my elbow as stationary as possible.

Last edited:
or.....

I guess I should say keep the elbow supported.....

I have it in both elbows, only really hurts when I do bi's and tri's...I try to avoid heavy workouts with bar curls and nose breakers, I go light on these 2 workouts and all other's are fine. I also load up on ibuprofen on these days, on my bad days of pain after a w/o I will ice them down for about 5 min. seems to help.

I notice it more on back days. Thought about an elbow sleeve, but i wasn't sure if it would help this situation.

i have bad bicipital tendonitis, anyone in on this crew?

I can relate to this post for sure. Right now im going through some bad pain in my left elbow.

I love doing reverse curls for forearms , i mean, i loved doing them. The tendinitis seems to really kill when i do reverse curls or even barbell curls.

I have had this before and it just went away for a long time, now its back and a real "pain". I have really done nothing other than avoided the reverse curls and dealt with the pain.

Have you tried going to a chiropractor who specializes in extremities? I have tendonitis in my wrist (to the point where I couldn't even carry a grocery bag), and after going to the chiro every so often to get it adjusted, it doesn't bother me anymore. Same thing with my knees - after getting adjusted, I can squat and do lunges without any pain.

Mine is more with pressing movements,i take Aleve and use an elbow sleeve,but realy the best and possibly the only way to make it better is to ease off for a while and do other movements that dont hurt and go lighter offcourse..

I am dealing with that myself in my left elbow. I wish I had an easy solution, but I don't. My doc gave me a script for 50 mg Cataflam (NSAID) which helps a lot. His advice was ease up on the amount of weight I push and let it settle down. Not the words I like to hear.

elbow problems

If taking time off or surgery is not an option - which it is not for me I just do exercises with flexible hand positions. I can't do anything with a barbel or straight chin up bar - other than cleans, reverse grip deads and squats. Dumbells, parallel hand grip chins, cables allow for my work outs. Experiment and be flexible - if its a chronic problem pain relievers are just going to get you in more trouble in the long run. Not that I have anything at all against pain killers, just not to mask an injury so you can train thru it. Very bad.

Last edited:
I wear a sleeve on both elbows...Helps a lot as I have tendonitis in both joints...After they warm up they are GTG

I have tendonitis in my right elbow from doing a lot of heavy rows. I find that gh helps a lot with strengthening and healing.

Have you tried going to a chiropractor who specializes in extremities? I have tendonitis in my wrist (to the point where I couldn't even carry a grocery bag), and after going to the chiro every so often to get it adjusted, it doesn't bother me anymore. Same thing with my knees - after getting adjusted, I can squat and do lunges without any pain.

Mo this sounds like something I may try, thanks.....We know of one who is really good with athletes...I will give her a try.
Thanks.

one word, acupuncture. had tendonitis for years on and off, had 2 cortisone shots but only helped temporarily. 5 visits with the acupuncturist and i've been pain free since.

one word, acupuncture. had tendonitis for years on and off, had 2 cortisone shots but only helped temporarily. 5 visits with the acupuncturist and i've been pain free since.

very interesting..........I'm sure I will try anything if it persist.

I do this as well, It seems to be working.............

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws